The Education Forum

Mockingbird Lives!!

W. Niederhut

On 11/24/2021 at 5:26 PM, Matt Allison said:

Also, I don't think everyone is aware that Rolling Stone was sold a few years back, and is now owned by a right-winger, albeit a right-winger that doesn't care for Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Penske

I've just started reading "Sticky Fingers The life and Times of Jann Wenner and Rolling Stone Magazine" by Joe Hagan.  I thought he's sold it but it looks like he's still COO for Penske.  As W. said, interesting.

After watching the Useful Idiots interview of Oliver Stone on another thread (I really enjoyed the talk about the subject between Matt and Katie after the interview) I thought I don't remember any articles in RS by Matt in quite a while.  Why?  With your post I wondered if he was too far left for them these days.  So I went looking.  Boy was I wrong based on this article.  I don't know what to think.  A lot to digest in it.

What Happened to Matt Taibbi? (nymag.com)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Taibbi's takedown of Goldman Sachs back in the day was good work. Since then...

I stopped following him on Twitter a few years ago when it became obvious to me he did not share my empathetic views towards black people, and was overly sensitive about criticism of Russia. He lived there for a while, so I don't know if that is what brought out some latent beliefs, or perhaps he was converted during his time there.

Thanks for the link, Ron, I'll check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Operation Mockingbird indeed lives.

Egads, where to start with this? 

Newsweek has this extraordinarily inflammatory and irresponsible headline today (see below). The story is worse. 

But then, it turns out JFKA researcher Dick Russell has been looking into the Daily Beast, which owns Newsweek

NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE

Millions of Angry, Armed Americans Stand Ready to Seize Power If Trump Loses in 2024

BY DAVID H. FREEDMAN ON 12/20/21 AT 5:00 AM EST

The Daily Beast is evidently a CIA mouthpiece, as reports Dick Russell.  

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/the-daily-beast-ties-to-cia/?fbclid=IwAR0Gjncu9kA3LB-rl9lP1rKIekUhKWynyBKfdRCw6ra5T704I943kKrMr-0

So, it is nearly cartoonish---a CIA mouthpiece, that is Newsweek, is aggressively fear-mongering a "liberal" audience. 

To what end?

It enough people believe this Daily Beast-CIA fear-mongering, then all varieties are censorship and political repression become seen as justified. 

This is Operation Mockingbird today. 

Egads...get a load of this:

The new editor-in-chief of Rolling Stone (that was then, this is now)

Noah Schachtmann.  From Wikipedia:

In 2003, Shachtman founded Defensetech.org. The site was acquired by Military.com the following year.

Okie-Dokie!

W. ---I guess no one is even hiding it now. There has been a heavy re-composition of what used to be the "left-wing" media. 

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

In 2003, Shachtman founded Defensetech.org. The site was acquired by Military.com the following year.

Okie-Dokie!

W. ---I guess no one is even hiding it now. There has been a heavy re-composition of what used to be the "left-wing" media. 

Mockingbird only spins Trump stuff, don’t you know. 🙂 

I recommended to Ron Bulman Joe Hagan's book, Sticky Fingers: The Life and Times of Jann Wenner and Rolling Stone Magazine, which describes Wenner's longtime agenda to start the rag as a counterculture paper, and then recreate it as a national news and culture magazine.  It only took him Hunter Thompson's professional lifetime to pull it off.

I am no longer sure of Wenner's involvement with RS.  As the book closes, he's sold a lot of his interest and appears on the masthead in emeritus capacity (as Thompson latterly did).  Wenner may be even more distanced by now.  However, the current state of RS demonstrates what a national news and culture magazine stands for in these times.  Don't expect them to excerpt Joseph McBride's new book.

Sticky Fingers is unequivocally recommended to all Forum members.  Among other things, it establishes that Jann's former wife, Jane (the startup money behind RS) was one stoned, hot mess. 

jane.jpg?format=500w

https://www.amazon.com/Sticky-Fingers-Wenner-Rolling-Magazine/dp/1101874376/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Joe+Hogan+Jann+Wenner&link_code=qs&qid=1640566321&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-2

Edited by David Andrews

On 12/25/2021 at 6:39 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

Okie-Dokie!

I came to this conclusion in 2008, I believe. When Dennis Kucinich was running for president and the supposedly ultra-liberal Daily Kos waged a ferocious campaign against him. It was then I learned that Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas trained with the CIA when he was in the military. I believe his blog was established and promoted to try to put establishment limits on what was considered acceptable liberal politics.

6 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

I came to this conclusion in 2008, I believe. When Dennis Kucinich was running for president and the supposedly ultra-liberal Daily Kos waged a ferocious campaign against him. It was then I learned that Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas trained with the CIA when he was in the military. I believe his blog was established and promoted to try to put establishment limits on what was considered acceptable liberal politics.

The Daily Kos too?

Egads. 

One could build a case that the bulk of the left-wing media apparatus has been taken over by the Deep State.

The Deep State made a deal with "liberal" media:  You can keep your woke-ID politics, but stay away from foreign-military policy or serious reforms of the tax code.

Message one: The people oppressing America---your real enemies---are those guys driving pick-up trucks. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The Daily Kos too?

Egads. 

One could build a case that the bulk of the left-wing media apparatus has been taken over by the Deep State.

The Deep State made a deal with "liberal" media:  You can keep your woke-ID politics, but stay away from foreign-military policy or serious reforms of the tax code.

Message one: The people oppressing America---your real enemies---are those guys driving pick-up trucks. 

Dkos - notorious for shutting down ANY conversation about JFKA and the audience is hostile to JFK in general. They take the line that he was a typical Cold Warrior in line with Ike and LBJ.

They recently had a rare post about the lack of transparency of JFK file releases. It was crap quoting Sabato and others but still at least the topic was posted. I started commenting and linking Morley’s recent MTP interview and Revisited on Showtime and the post quickly disappeared off the main page.

I also once did a fairly complete ‘diary’ of JFKA on the site and found that someone - not me - put ‘hoax’ as a key word. Only someone with admin privileges could’ve done that.

6 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

Dkos - notorious for shutting down ANY conversation about JFKA and the audience is hostile to JFK in general. They take the line that he was a typical Cold Warrior in line with Ike and LBJ.

They recently had a rare post about the lack of transparency of JFK file releases. It was crap quoting Sabato and others but still at least the topic was posted. I started commenting and linking Morley’s recent MTP interview and Revisited on Showtime and the post quickly disappeared off the main page.

I also once did a fairly complete ‘diary’ of JFKA on the site and found that someone - not me - put ‘hoax’ as a key word. Only someone with admin privileges could’ve done that.

Michaleen K.--

This is why this forum is important. Not only because of the JFKA, but because people like you who read this forum are alert to national security state manipulation of M$M or even what used to be the alt-left. 

BTW, I should have written "You can keep your woke-ID politics, but stay away from trade, foreign-military policy or serious reforms of the tax code."

These are spooky times. 

The beat goes on...the CIA has its fingers into Business Insider, now owned by Axel Springer, a German outfit.

About Axel Springer:

"Editorial bias and alleged ties to US intelligence agencies

According to German scholar Gudrun Kruip of the Stiftung Bundespräsident-Theodor-Heuss-Haus, Axel Springer SE and its subsidiaries spread a strongly pro-American view in which criticism of US foreign policy is largely absent.[37] In an interview with The Nation, two former CIA officers alleged that Axel Springer received 7 million USD from the CIA to support American geopolitical interests with his publishing house.[38] Springer reportedly agreed and began guiding the editorial bias towards supporting US foreign policy.[38] Although no conclusive evidence has come to light, Kruip considers the CIA officers' allegations credible since Springer, according to his own autobiography, had no money to actually fund the publishing house when it was founded, and it was thus unlikely that he could finance its rapid ascent without "money from the outside"."---Wikipedia

OK, so Business Insider runs this headline today:

"Capitol Police officer says it's a 'disgrace' that Pence is dismissing January 6: 'We did everything possible to prevent him from being hanged and killed in front of his daughter and his wife'"

The above hyperbolic headline is recycled from a recent interview the officer gave to the federal government-funded NPR

Evidently, no one at NPR or Business Insider asked the Capitol Police officer "Where were the 3,500 officers of the Capitol Police department on Jan. 6?"  or "The Capitol Police commander in charge of the civil disturbance unit was at home making meatloaf on the afternoon of Jan 6. That's as reported the in the WaPo. Why was the commander at cooking at home?" 

And, of course, asking if there were federal instigators in the crowd is verboten. 

Anyway, the take-away is Business Insider joins Daily Kos, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, WaPo, NYT, The Atlantic and others as suspect due to CIA ties. 

The oddity about this...this is looking like a clean sweep of what used to be left-wing or liberal media. 

Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider, and, of course, also owns the WaPo and is now getting CIA contracts....

Reader beware. 

For those of you with an interest in Op. Mock., another must read from Glenn Greenwald.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/nbc-news-uses-ex-fbi-official-frank

Actually, what we have today is OpMock on steroids. 

Instead of working through compromised or sycophant journalists, today the Deep State just places its own directly into a compliant media. 

If you are Jeff Bezos, owner of the WaPo, and want CIA contracts, this arrangement works out nicely. 

This is from Dick Russell, longtime JFKA researcher and author:

In 2013, President Barack Obama quietly signed a bill that neutralized the 1948 Smith-Mundt Act, thereby lifting the bans that formerly prohibited the CIA from propagandizing Americans. That repeal, according to journalist Leah Anaya, legalized “government-regulated news” in our country, and unleashed the CIA to use “legalized psychological war ops being run on the American people.”

The change in the law, Anaya says, “allowed the government to gain assistance [for] not-so-popular policies, ushering in a whole new world of government freedom to serve up propaganda to Americans on a silver platter.” For the first time in the CIA’s history, Operation Mockingbird was suddenly legal. 

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/the-daily-beast-ties-to-cia/

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/cia-liberal-media-outlets-the-real-anthony-fauci/

Regardless of your present partisan affiliations, this strikes me as important...and explains a lot. 

13 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

This is from Dick Russell, longtime JFKA researcher and author:

In 2013, President Barack Obama quietly signed a bill that neutralized the 1948 Smith-Mundt Act, thereby lifting the bans that formerly prohibited the CIA from propagandizing Americans. That repeal, according to journalist Leah Anaya, legalized “government-regulated news” in our country, and unleashed the CIA to use “legalized psychological war ops being run on the American people.”

The change in the law, Anaya says, “allowed the government to gain assistance [for] not-so-popular policies, ushering in a whole new world of government freedom to serve up propaganda to Americans on a silver platter.” For the first time in the CIA’s history, Operation Mockingbird was suddenly legal. 

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/the-daily-beast-ties-to-cia/

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/cia-liberal-media-outlets-the-real-anthony-fauci/

Regardless of your present partisan affiliations, this strikes me as important...and explains a lot. 

Very interesting articles, Ben. I think where we had media assets in 1960, in 2022 we have a whole industry that is printing stories without the guiding force of truth or morality but, purely because agitation sells and to suit the interests of one class of people. It's rotten to the core. 

People are very keen on quoting The Atlantic here. The Atlantic majority shareholder, Laurene Powell Jobs, appears to be good friends with Ghislaine Maxwell. 

Edited by Chris Barnard

1 hour ago, Chris Barnard said:

Very interesting articles, Ben. I think where we had media assets in 1960, in 2022 we have a whole industry that is printing stories without the guiding force of truth or morality but, purely because agitation sells and to suit the interests of one class of people. It's rotten to the core. 

People are very keen on quoting The Atlantic here. The Atlantic majority shareholder, Laurene Powell Jobs, appears to be good friends with Ghislaine Maxwell. 

Definitely, the short story is the "Deep State" has absorbed what used to be the liberal or left-wing, or anti-authoritarian media and of course the M$M. I am sure there are some exceptions, and some honest writers out there. 

It is interesting how many independent thinkers have moved away from "left-wing" media to speak freely, including Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibbi, Aaron Mate, Saagar Enjeti and Krystal Ball. 

Sheesh, here is Dick Russell writing a very important story for....The Defender, Children's Health Defense News & Views.  Who are they? 

Obviously, Russell could not get his story published except in a "right-wing" or alternative publication. These "left" and "right" wing divisions have become useless, btw. 

Interesting how many Deep State-subservient publications are now concurrently headlining the possibility of a "civil war" in the US.

Chance? Coordinated? Who knows?