The Education Forum

The Rare Interviews of the Last Living Experts on the JFK Assassination

15 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

"Interesting" DVD. I haven't seen it, but it just came up in a search I did:

Amazon.com: The Rare Interviews of the Last Living Experts on the JFK Assassination : Movies & TV

The Rare Interviews of the Last Living Experts on the JFK Assassination

It appears the word "expert" has lost much of its meaning. 

34 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

It appears the word "expert" has lost much of its meaning. 

Agreed! Gordon [Novel David] Ferrie came out of nowhere in 2016 with many outrageous claims that do not check out. I remember searching for any pre-2016 info on him and came up with nothing.

Haha, we might not agree on everything @Pat Speerbut we can agree on this! Now, I'm sure you are mainly referring to JVB........and with me the jury is still out on her. That doesn't mean I buy her story 100% but that doesn't mean I fully dismiss it all either. To me, there's something there. Call me crazy, but the meat of the story (which was already presented in Dr. Mary's Monkey) makes an awful lot of sense to me. David Ferrie with all the mice in cages at his apartment, being friends with Dr. Mary and her mysterious death and the details surrounding it.....you throw in a guy like Oschner (may not be spelled correctly) and INCA and them being behind releasing the record of the debate Oswald took part in. There are just an awful lot of dots that get connected. Maybe she didn't have as big of a role in it as she lets on and embellishes many things, maybe not. I just can't write her off as a complete cook. I own the book Me And Lee which I enjoyed, and would have enjoyed even if it were put out as historical fiction. And listening to her speak she sounds very intelligent. Maybe intelligent enough to make up a lot of her story. To me, having the Lewis couple corroborate her story goes a long way. But I can see why many write her off as another Beverley Oliver or James Files. And I have always LOVED Jim Marrs! I bought the Barr McLellen book and I liked it but wasn't blown away or anything. There's some meat there. I think LBJ definitely knew it was coming. May have even helped some in planning. May not. Who knows? Lol!

51 minutes ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

Haha, we might not agree on everything @Pat Speerbut we can agree on this! Now, I'm sure you are mainly referring to JVB........and with me the jury is still out on her. That doesn't mean I buy her story 100% but that doesn't mean I fully dismiss it all either. To me, there's something there. Call me crazy, but the meat of the story (which was already presented in Dr. Mary's Monkey) makes an awful lot of sense to me. David Ferrie with all the mice in cages at his apartment, being friends with Dr. Mary and her mysterious death and the details surrounding it.....you throw in a guy like Oschner (may not be spelled correctly) and INCA and them being behind releasing the record of the debate Oswald took part in. There are just an awful lot of dots that get connected. Maybe she didn't have as big of a role in it as she lets on and embellishes many things, maybe not. I just can't write her off as a complete cook. I own the book Me And Lee which I enjoyed, and would have enjoyed even if it were put out as historical fiction. And listening to her speak she sounds very intelligent. Maybe intelligent enough to make up a lot of her story.

To me, having the Lewis couple corroborate her story goes a long way.

I agree regards the Lewis couple.

But I can see why many write her off as another Beverley Oliver or James Files. And I have always LOVED Jim Marrs! I bought the Barr McLellen book and I liked it but wasn't blown away or anything. There's some meat there. I think LBJ definitely knew it was coming. May have even helped some in planning. May not. Who knows? Lol!

I would be interested in hearing Jim Marrs speak. In my opinion he was thorough and level headed. Both editions of "Crossfire" are still among the first books I use for reference.

I'm agnostic on JVB. Like with Beverly Oliver, I don't explicitly disbelieve her for any specific reason. But recognizing the level of controversy surrounding them, I typically just leave them both out of the mix whenever I am evaluating the case.

James Files I don't believe at all.

Beverly Oliver in 1963 was seventeen

and a nightclub dancer (at the Colony Club) and did not look like the

middle-aged, somewhat stocky Babushka

Lady seen in a clear, sharp black-and-white photo taken just after the shooting.

Edited by Joseph McBride

15 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

Haha, we might not agree on everything @Pat Speerbut we can agree on this! Now, I'm sure you are mainly referring to JVB........and with me the jury is still out on her. That doesn't mean I buy her story 100% but that doesn't mean I fully dismiss it all either. To me, there's something there. Call me crazy, but the meat of the story (which was already presented in Dr. Mary's Monkey) makes an awful lot of sense to me. David Ferrie with all the mice in cages at his apartment, being friends with Dr. Mary and her mysterious death and the details surrounding it.....you throw in a guy like Oschner (may not be spelled correctly) and INCA and them being behind releasing the record of the debate Oswald took part in. There are just an awful lot of dots that get connected. Maybe she didn't have as big of a role in it as she lets on and embellishes many things, maybe not. I just can't write her off as a complete cook. I own the book Me And Lee which I enjoyed, and would have enjoyed even if it were put out as historical fiction. And listening to her speak she sounds very intelligent. Maybe intelligent enough to make up a lot of her story. To me, having the Lewis couple corroborate her story goes a long way. But I can see why many write her off as another Beverley Oliver or James Files. And I have always LOVED Jim Marrs! I bought the Barr McLellen book and I liked it but wasn't blown away or anything. There's some meat there. I think LBJ definitely knew it was coming. May have even helped some in planning. May not. Who knows? Lol!

I should be clear and not just make snarky comments. I liked Jim Marrs and conducted a filmed interview of him in 2005. (I should find it and put it online.) He was an extremely knowledgeable and entertaining guy. But I don't know if I would call him an expert. He was someone who collected items that sounded mysterious or problematic. But I'm not aware of him debunking any of the nonsense spewed by other CTs, or correcting his own nonsense. 

As for JVB, she's super-smart and very knowledgeable about the case. Which is problematic to her credibility, IMO. She's smart enough to make up a huge story, and then change it over and over again to make it more credible. Which is what she did, according to some who knew her when she first came forward... As for me, I suspect she knew Oswald and maybe even flirted with him. But I'm skeptical about the rest of her story.

This brings me to McClellan. I suspect he was sincere in his suspicions of his former employer. But I've seen nothing to indicate he is an expert on the case.  

I know little of Gordon Ferrie and Zack Shelton, but would be surprised if they were experts on anything. 

The word "expert" is a tricky one for me. I've been called an "expert," but being called an expert only highlights how little I know about certain aspects of the case. So I reject the moniker. I reject it not just for myself but for anyone currently writing on the case (With the possible exception of John Newman...)

Edited by Pat Speer

19 hours ago, John Deignan said:

Hey Ron, I don’t think that photo is of “The” Babushka lady. That lady was standing on the east side of Houston as the motorcade drove by.  

AE9D7FDE-247E-4A08-816B-388ADE86A9D6.webp 42.02 kB · 8 downloads

I should know by now not to trust the initial response of a google search without trying to verify it.  Is this her then?

See the source image

See the source image

1 hour ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

Either way, neither one of them remotely resemble Beverley Oliver circa 1963, lol! 😂😂😂

She might starve as a stripper.  Or end up like Rose Cheramie.