• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/29/2022 at 1:08 PM, Robbie Robertson said:

I agree with Cory, he explained it.

16 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Wow let it go he explained it.   Geez.  

Oh, I intended to "let it go," but now that you mention it ... Yes, he clearly felt that using the YouTube feature to embed his video was tantamount to stealing it. It's not clear if he still feels this way, but he does seem unapologetic about the catty remark to DVP who did nothing wrong and even complimented him. I find this a little disappointing - that's all. Over and out.

9 hours ago, Barry Keane said:

Oswald's taxi got stuck in traffic, so he took the bus to his rooming house!! Keep on researching people, make him change his mind.

Yes, Barry, I took notice of the "cab/bus" mistake in Robbie's interview with Gerald Posner too. In fact, BOTH Gerald and Robbie got it backwards regarding the bus and the cab. Robbie seems to think it was the taxicab that got stuck in traffic, causing Oswald to vacate the cab and get on a bus. Of course, as we all know, it was the bus that got stuck in the traffic jam, with Oswald then switching to William Whaley's cab.

And Mr. Posner, of course, knows perfectly well what the order of Oswald's movements really was on Nov. 22. Gerald even mentions the "Bus then Cab" chronology in some of his other interviews. He merely suffered a slight brain cramp when talking to Robbie Robertson in Aug. 2022. Which just goes to prove that even a person who knows the JFK case inside and out can innocently say something that is not accurate.

I've pointed out in the past numerous similar "brain cramps" (aka "senior moments") that were suffered by Vincent Bugliosi during his "Reclaiming History" book tour in 2007. The biggest of which actually occurred in multiple radio interviews (one of them even years later, in 2013) when Vince (incredibly) actually said that Jim Garrison's initial interest in the JFK murder case was sparked when the Zapruder Film was shown on television for the first time---which (of course) was an event that didn't occur until 1975, six years after Garrison's case against Clay Shaw had ended.

It should have been a rather embarrassing radio moment for Mr. Bugliosi, but it wasn't (at least not at the time of the interviews), because the radio hosts never corrected Vince on the air and never even noticed VB's "brain cramp" at all.

I think that I, too, as old age creeps up and up, am experiencing more "senior moments" and "brain cramps". Especially with people's names and dates. Drives me nuts too. I hate the thought of my memory going bye-bye in future years. I just hope I can remember who J.D. Tippit and Buell Wesley Frazier and Domingo Benavides are several years from now.

If I ever start scratching my head and looking skyward as I try to contemplate "Who the heck is John F. Kennedy?", I will then know that I'm in big trouble. 😁

Edited by David Von Pein

20 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

I think that I, too, as old age creeps up and up, am experiencing more "senior moments" and "brain cramps". Especially with people's names and dates. Drives me nuts too. I hate the thought of my memory going bye-bye in future years. I just hope I can remember who J.D. Tippit and Buell Wesley Frazier and Domingo Benavides are several years from now.

If I ever start scratching my head and looking skyward as I try to contemplate "Who the heck is John F. Kennedy?", I will then know that I'm in big trouble. 😁

I dont recall ever seeing or hearing you being interviewed and giving your thoughts on the JFK case, despite you having researched it for so long. Are there any interviews of you online?

1 minute ago, Gerry Down said:

I dont recall ever seeing or hearing you being interviewed and giving your thoughts on the JFK case, despite you having researched it for so long. Are there any interviews of you online?

I've been asked a few times to do online interviews, but I'm much more comfortable when I can write out my responses to questions that interviewers ask. (Perhaps that comes from a persistent fear of my responses coming out all "Uhhhhh's" and "Duhhhh's" in audio/video form.) 😁

And so I prefer to do "text" interviews, which I've done (twice)--in 2011 and 2021. If you'd care to read them, I (of course) have them both archived at my website (below)....

Its-About-TV-Logo.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021-DVP-Interview-Logo.png

Pity 

19 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

I've been asked a few times to do online interviews, but I'm much more comfortable when I can write out my responses to questions that interviewers ask. (Perhaps that comes from a persistent fear of my responses coming out all "Uhhhhh's" and "Duhhhh's" in audio/video form.) 😁

And so I prefer to do "text" interviews, which I've done (twice)--in 2011 and 2021. If you'd care to read them, I (of course) have them both archived at my website (below)....

Its-About-TV-Logo.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021-DVP-Interview-Logo.png

Pity there are no audio or video interviews of you. There is so much to read in the JFK case its hard to knuckle down and read an interview. 

14 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

Pity there are no audio or video interviews of you. There is so much to read in the JFK case, it's hard to knuckle down and read an interview. 

Oh, it's not really so hard, Gerry. 😇

I did get my courage up and challenged Jim DiEugenio to a radio debate back in 2010 (see link below), but Jim wouldn't have any of it. He didn't like my proposed format for the debate. (And, to this day, I still can't figure out why my terms were so unpleasing to him.) ~shrug~

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/07/dvp-vs-dieugenio-part-34.html

Edited by David Von Pein

1 hour ago, David Von Pein said:

Yes, Barry, I took notice of the "cab/bus" mistake in Robbie's interview with Gerald Posner too. In fact, BOTH Gerald and Robbie got it backwards regarding the bus and the cab. Robbie seems to think it was the taxicab that got stuck in traffic, causing Oswald to vacate the cab and get on a bus. Of course, as we all know, it was the bus that got stuck in the traffic jam, with Oswald then switching to William Whaley's cab.

And Mr. Posner, of course, knows perfectly well what the order of Oswald's movements really was on Nov. 22. Gerald even mentions the "Bus then Cab" chronology in some of his other interviews. He merely suffered a slight brain cramp when talking to Robbie Robertson in Aug. 2022. Which just goes to prove that even a person who knows the JFK case inside and out can innocently say something that is not accurate.

I've pointed out in the past numerous similar "brain cramps" (aka "senior moments") that were suffered by Vincent Bugliosi during his "Reclaiming History" book tour in 2007. The biggest of which actually occurred in multiple radio interviews (one of them even years later, in 2013) when Vince (incredibly) actually said that Jim Garrison's initial interest in the JFK murder case was sparked when the Zapruder Film was shown on television for the first time---which (of course) was an event that didn't occur until 1975, six years after Garrison's case against Clay Shaw had ended.

It should have been a rather embarrassing radio moment for Mr. Bugliosi, but it wasn't (at least not at the time of the interviews), because the radio hosts never corrected Vince on the air and never even noticed VB's "brain cramp" at all.

First posner was the one that said Oswald got stuck in traffic I never heard of that what I said in the episode is he gave up his cab to a lady. 

then posner quickly added because it was stuck in traffic, I don’t think that’s the case at all

also a lawyer tactic and you can note in the episode was a insertion of words that I did not say but he assumed you don’t think Oswald owned a gun in Russia which I stated sure but the claim of marina identification of lees rifle the same as found in the TSBD is not accurate. The HSCA document I pulled up which said “she didn’t know the difference between a rifle and a shotgun and couldn’t identify it in 1964 and would be useless to get her to identify now in court”

heres what I pulled up both the identification of the rifle and sound of him practicing on his porch were wrong and I showed the document

https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol2/pdf/HSCA_Vol2_0913_2_Porter.pdf

Edited by Robbie Robertson

Also the idea of a brain cramp is cute but in his words towards the end about a debate, a way to win a debate while it’s happening is to spout a bunch of things back to back without pausing for the other person and using vocabulary that seems sophisticated to come off intelligent. Makes you seem like you know your stuff which maybe he does or he’s good at debating

the issue with that is, it works in court not in a recording where you can listen over and over and point out how none of the responses really answer the question but more all over the place like the Mexico trip to Tippit to mafia to the rifle.

None of these were about my question of marina and her statements about walker or rifle being worthy testimony since she was so back and forth 

55 minutes ago, Robbie Robertson said:

[Punctuation added by DVP....]

First, Posner was the one that said Oswald got stuck in traffic. I never heard of that. What I said in the episode is he gave up his cab to a lady.

I just listened to the excerpt in question again (exactly ten minutes into the interview). And I want to now apologize to Robbie Robertson for my earlier comment about Robbie saying that the chronology was "Cab then Bus". I was wrong. Robbie never said that. But what Robbie did say was also incorrect. He said that Oswald "gives up the taxi to some lady". But that's not right either, because Oswald never did "give up the taxi" to a lady on Nov. 22.

According to cab driver William Whaley, Oswald did offer to let the lady have the cab, but Oswald never got out of the cab. Here's what Whaley told the Warren Commission:

"And about that time an old lady, I think she was an old lady, I don't remember nothing but her sticking her head down past him in the door and said, "Driver, will you call me a cab down here?" She had seen him get this cab and she wanted one too, and he opened the door a little bit like he was going to get out and he said, "I will let you have this one," and she says, "No, the driver can call me one." So, I didn't call one because I knew before I could call, one would come around the block and keep it pretty well covered."

Therefore, Oswald stayed put in Whaley's cab.

So I apologize, Robbie, for my earlier mistake. But you still made a mistake yourself. It's just not the same one I accused you of making. 😄

Edited by David Von Pein