The Education Forum

What Really Happened Between Marilyn Monroe and JFK?

Judge Laurence Silberman died this past Sunday at age 86 

Laurence Silberman, influential U.S. appeals judge, dies at 86 | Reuters

I met Judge Silberman in 1984 at a Philadelphia Society meeting in Washington, D.C. My guest at the affair was Edward Miller, former Associate Director of the FBI. Judge Silberman knew Miller and came over to join us. Because of Miller's background Silberman began talking about his assignment after FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover died to examine Hoover's closely held secret files on what he had uncovered about prominent persons. Silberman said he was sickened by what he read and outraged at Hoover having compiled these files that had the scent of blackmail about them. The Wall Street Journal earlier this week had an editorial in memoriam of Judge Silberman in which it noted that Silberman had examined Hoover's secret files and had the same reaction to them that I recount above.

Undoubtedly one of the files was JFK's sexual relationship with Ellen Rometsch. 

Ellen Rometsch - Wikipedia

Edited by Douglas Caddy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug:

Please.  Its bad enough you started this in the first place with a piece of crap novel and a film which you did not even label as such.  On a JFK assassination page!

Now you dig up an old story about something else?  Not related to MM or the film at all?

Jm:

I am sorry that you find reality upsetting. Someday there may appear a movie or documentary that examines all the infidelities that JFK engaged in of which the one with Marilyn Monroe is in the spotlight now. Brace yourself for this possibility. I believe JFK was one of our greatest presidents as reflected in the foresighted policies he espoused and enacted and in the leadership charisma he exuded. However, his unabated sexual appetite, which may have stemmed from the medicine he had to take, was a grievous flaw and caused distress and worry among those entrusted with our national security.

Reality is especially tough today and many choose to ignore it. 

Edited by Douglas Caddy

7 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I wish everyone would read the article you linked. Did someone call Peter Lawford a pimp? That’s a bit much. It shows how effective these conspiracy theories are. I’d like to suggest that we attempt to separate JFK conspiracy from Marilyn Monroe conspiracy. The first is a legitimate attempt to right an historical wrong. The second is meant to sully the Kennedy brothers. 

Really?  So Marilyn could not have been killed by them?   Or, there is no way she was not killed by anyone else?    
Sounds like something DVP might say to a non Warren commission supporter.   Strange that when anyone doesn’t support the JFK fanboy club with a theory JFK did something wrong or was associated with something wrong the logic of Warren supporters is used to suppress thought.   

Arguing Marilyn was murdered, and she was, is the starting point to fix a terrible historical wrong that claims she committed suicide, which she didn’t.  Suppressing legitimate questions because they might upset the fan base is disingenuous.   

Just now, Cory Santos said:

I have no evidence that she was. So your assumption is really misplaced.

But when it comes to the topic of Marilyn Monroe's death, you think you've got enough "evidence" to boldly make this claim:

"Arguing Marilyn was murdered, and she was..." -- C. Santos

Incredible.

14 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

But when it comes to the topic of Marilyn Monroe's death, you think you've got enough "evidence" to boldly make this claim:

"Arguing Marilyn was murdered, and she was..." -- C. Santos

Incredible.

David try to catch up to conversation. Read what I wrote above- Cory A.  Santos, Sr. , Esq.   

Don McGovern is the best in the business at this subject.

Oates' novel is even worse than David points out.  It was a rifle shot with Nembutal.

https://marilynfromthe22ndrow.com/wp/movies-on-marilyn/my-blonde-commentary/

The autopsy, through the first pass process,  proves that the drugs were ingested, not injected. That is just a matter of pathology.  Anyone who ingests 25 Nembutals, at 100 mg, is not long for this world. (Not to mention the  chloral hydrate.)

Nembutal is used for euthanasia purposes today. 

MM took enough to kill about 3-4 people.

PS Doug, this is about subject matter. This forum is supposed to be about the facts of the assassination of JFK. Blonde is a novel, one that was fictionalized further by Netflix. Denny already voiced the opinion, that it should not be here.  So don't say its just about me. I doubt if anyone else would have posted it since it has nothing to do with this subject.  And as you can read from above, through Don McGovern, it has been the recipient of many negative reviews. So it has little if any aesthetic quality either.

Edited by James DiEugenio

The first lesson I ever learned in writing about films was a simple one: Don't write about a film if you have not seen it. Back in the bad old days of writing on film, that unfortunately was common, so it was an important lesson and remains one.

25 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

I should add, I take no credit for the term “JFK fanboy”.   My never leaving house guest Cliff “The Mooch” Varnel coined it. 

A "JFK fanboy" is one who lets their love of JFK blind them to JFK's primary responsibility for the Bay of Pigs debacle, and the overthrow of Diem in Vietnam.

Yes, JFK was out-manuevered/betrayed by aides both times, but that doesn't change where the buck stops.

I dunno what happened to Marilyn.  I wasn't there, I swear.

6 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

The first lesson I ever learned in writing about films was a simple one: Don't write about a film if you have not seen it. Back in the bad old days of writing on film, that unfortunately was common, so it was an important lesson and remains one.

Joe,

I agree with that.  But there is also a saying that, you cannot make chicken salad without chicken.

Edited by James DiEugenio

51 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

David, try to catch up to conversation. Read what I wrote above.

I did. And you said nothing in either of your previous two posts in this thread that comes even close to being "evidence" to show that Marilyn Monroe was murdered.