The Education Forum

What Really Happened Between Marilyn Monroe and JFK?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hesitated about before posting the story. However, other factors outweighed ignoring it. JFK was assassinated 59 years ago. A large majority of Americans have been born since then. They know little about the assassination, but the Marilyn story is big now in the media and I believe members of the forum need to know how the relationship between Marilyn and JFK is being portrayed.  Closing our eyes to the modern depiction of what happened would serve to handicap us in our own research and presentation.

There is no debate that JFK and probably RFK slept with Marilyn Monroe.

Is there any provable connection with this fact and with her death to JFK's assassination?

If Monroe wasn't at times involved with highest rank mob figures ( even just innocently and sexually ) and surely bugged by them or Hoover's FBI it would be a lot easier to say no .

Like Judyth Exner's sexual trysts with JFK...you have to consider these darker side encounters between JFK and bugged women to wonder who was behind their set up actions.

Hoover seems to be a constant in this area.

There is absolutely no truth to the story that JFK and Marilyn Monroe were lovers. Nor did RFK have an affair with MM. 

It's just sleaze told to demonize all three of them.  And to make money for those who want to demonizing them. 

Don McGovern, I think, has proven this to be the case.  His book "Murder Orthodoxies" once out of print is now free and online.  

https://marilynfromthe22ndrow.com/wp/murder-orthodoxies/

Don has a great website where he shares a lot of information on MM.  Educate yourselves.  

Don was on Black Op Radio recently. His previous appearances are great too.

https://www.blackopradio.com/archives2022.html

Show #1114
Original airdate: Sept 29, 2022
Guests: Jen Abreu, Donald McGovern, Jim DiEugenio
Topics: Sirhan's Lawyer

https://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black1114.mp3

Edited by Joseph Backes

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

WTF does this matter regarding his assassination other than some SS agents possibly not fully committed to his security, per Bolden?

I would want to know who had the motive and means to blackmail JFK.

You really think Hoover didn't know about Judyth Exner?

And sorry Ron, I usually don't disagree with you on anything "but" in this case I do.

And Peter Lawford was a pimp in the Sinatra world. And even married JFK's sister.

JB;

MM's super sultry "Happy Birthday Mr. President" song for JFK on his birthday just seems preposterous in the context that this was just some innocent playful Hollywood gag to liven up the party.  Angie Dickenson admitted bedding JFK. Many other glamour celebrity women as well. Mary Meyer...and on and on...so why does the idea that MM did the same seem so impossible?

Well speaking as someone who actually knew and/or knows people who were close to her and/or were with her at certain points, they agree she spent time with him along with other names I won’t mention.   So unless people here KNOW people with firsthand knowledge as opposed to knowledge obtained from a book, to say there was no relationship seems naive.

Having said that I will not watch that fake film nor can it be failed to note that some accounts of Monroe and JFK are greatly exaggerated by some books and/or films.

It seems many have sadly tried to darken the legacy of both by focusing on this as opposed to what they did.  She certainly deserves better remembrance.  She was an outstanding actor and entertainer.

Interestingly, my office in Reno is across the street from the Virginia Street Bridge where Monroe famously threw her wedding ring into the river in “The Misfits”.  While filming the movie, she stayed at The Mapes hotel which also used to be directly across the street from my office.   

As to what happened to her there are so many theories.   I think she may have gotten involved in things she shouldn’t have.   I do not point to any theory as correct.      Perhaps when her psychiatrists records are released in the next decade we will get answers.  May she rest in peace and her real legacy be remembered.   

Edited by Cory Santos

This is  BS and I am surprised it is on this forum since it has nothing to do at all with the JFK murder.  And Caddy's excuse for placing it here is pretty weak.

Joe Bauer is  wrong on this I hate to say.  And for that fact check to use James Spada's book shows you what Fact Checks are worth these days.

One of the things we are trying to do at K and K and BOR is to show how this story got completely out of control.  Neither the Fact Check nor Caddy states that Blonde, the book this show  is based on, is  a novel!   Let me repeat that : A novel!  And then the director added even more fiction to the Joyce Carol Oates novel for one reason: to sensationalize it even more. Sensationalism sells. 

There are about four responsible writers in the field, Don McGovern, Gary VItacco Robles, Spoto, and Nina Boski.  I might be missing a couple others, because April McVea wrote a kind of week by week with Marilyn book.  That is really valuable for responsible writers. JFK did not meet MM in the 50's.  They met four times, all in the sixties.  MM met Bobby four times also, all in the sixties.  There was never any kind of  "affair" between JFK and MM or RFK and MM.  In fact, there is no evidence at all about Bobby and MM.  There  is solid proof that RFK was not anywhere near Brentwood on the day MM died.

The people that writers like Wolfe, Summers, etc have used to create this mythology are, to say the least, not very credible. To go to an unkind extreme, they are BS artists.  And this has been demonstrated at length.  

As John GIlmore has written, Norman Mailer started an industry which Gilmore called, "Trash Marilyn for a buck."  This is a continuance of that industry.  But it also has an appendage; trash the Kennedys for millions.

As I said, IMO, this has no place on this forum. You might as well write a fan letter about J Edgar Hoover.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Thank you, Joseph, for the McGovern links.

I think I've read all the MM corrective material you've published at Kennedys and King, James, and I appreciate it.

But what's better? Pretend this thing doesn't exist? Or deal with it? How did that fella put it? Silence confers assent?

We can all agree the MM story is not worthy of discussing in the JFK Assassination Research, Education And Debate Forum.

This isn't the MM Research and Education Forum.

From time to time however, JFK's personal life does come into the forum debates.

I do find such JFK actions worthy of at least some consideration when people like Angleton, Ben Bradlee, Hoover, Hunt and William Harvey ( CIA station chief in Rome ) are mentioned in such cases as Mary Meyer, Exner, Ellen Rometsch etc.

No one is trying to sully or demean MM, JFK from what I see here.

The angst this subject creates on the forum is enough for me to steer away from it however.

Edited by Joe Bauer

9 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

One of the things we are trying to do at K and K and BOR is to show how this story got completely out of control.  Neither the Fact Check nor Caddy states that Blonde, the book this show  is based on, is  a novel!   Let me repeat that : A novel!  And then the director added even more fiction to the Joyce Carol Oates novel for one reason: to sensationalize it even more. Sensationalism sells. 

The movie omits the most sensational part of the book story, the ending, where an assassin dispatched by the White House murders Monroe.

15 hours ago, Joseph Backes said:

There is absolutely no truth to the story that JFK and Marilyn Monroe were lovers. Nor did RFK have an affair with MM. 

It's just sleaze told to demonize all three of them.  And to make money for those who want to demonizing them. 

Don McGovern, I think, has proven this to be the case.  His book "Murder Orthodoxies" once out of print is now free and online.  

https://marilynfromthe22ndrow.com/wp/murder-orthodoxies/

Don has a great website where he shares a lot of information on MM.  Educate yourselves.  

Don was on Black Op Radio recently. His previous appearances are great too.

https://www.blackopradio.com/archives2022.html

Show #1114
Original airdate: Sept 29, 2022
Guests: Jen Abreu, Donald McGovern, Jim DiEugenio
Topics: Sirhan's Lawyer

https://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black1114.mp3

I wish everyone would read the article you linked. Did someone call Peter Lawford a pimp? That’s a bit much. It shows how effective these conspiracy theories are. I’d like to suggest that we attempt to separate JFK conspiracy from Marilyn Monroe conspiracy. The first is a legitimate attempt to right an historical wrong. The second is meant to sully the Kennedy brothers.