The Education Forum

What Really Happened Between Marilyn Monroe and JFK?

I’m not convinced Marilyn wasn’t offed, even though medical records support suicide more. But I reject claims that the Kennedy brothers killed her, that RFK had a sexual relationship with her, or that she and JFK were romantically involved. Yes he had numerous liaisons, and a brief one with MM is likely based on real evidence. But claims that either Kennedy offed her are ridiculous, and part of a very wide ranging operation designed to besmirch their memories. It also seems shameful that MM is subject to a similar character assassination. She was very special, uniquely talented. I continue to respect and honor her work and mourn her too brief time on earth. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

In the MM house photo to the right of MM's facial shot there is a back side view of a figure of a woman standing looking at MM's home

The figure looks to be super imposed.   Odd.

Weirdly, the woman figure looks remarkably like the famous backside view photo of the "Babuska Lady" we all know in Dealey Plaza. Same shape, legs apart stance, head dress and long coat.

For a long time, it was common to enhance newspaper photos by tracing the outlines of persons or objects who might appear indistinct once the photo was printed.  You can see that with other objects in the MM house photo, and in other 20th-century crime scene photos that made the papers.  It always looked bad, a little childish.  I've handled news archive photos where the compositor highlighted a figure by brushing on Wite-Out.

Edited by David Andrews

9 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Awww.  
Ok.   Assuming I agree with you, please go over the RFK witnesses.  Do you believe Sirhan murdered RFK?  If yes, did all the witnesses say Sirhan fired the shot that killed RFK?   Did all the evidence support that Sirhan firing from in front of RFK fired the fatal shot?

David?

7 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

In the MM house photo to the right of MM's facial shot there is a back side view of a figure of a woman standing looking at MM's home

The figure looks to be super imposed.   Odd.

Yes, I too took note of that. And the toys on the lawn look superimposed too (IMO). But David Andrews above explained the possible/probable reason for this.

And the "outlining" of people and things in newspaper photographs is something we can also observe with respect to JFK's murder as well. Here's one such Nov. 1963 example involving the famous Altgens photo (click to enlarge):

Butte-Montana-Newspaper-Front-Page-Novem

Edited by David Von Pein

I've mentioned before my conversation about Marilyn

Monroe's death with her publicist Rupert Allan, one of

the most urbane people I met in the Hollywood publicity

scene (he also was the longtime representative of

Princess Grace). Rupert said he thought Monroe's death was

due to an accidental overdose. She was in the habit of 

lining up small bottles of Champagne around her bedroom

and would guzzle them from time to time, losing track of

how many she had drunk. When they were mixed with

pills, it was dangerous, as he said happened in this instance.

He said she was upset that night because Peter Lawford had

called to invite her at a party at his beach house along with

a bunch of call girls. She was hurt that Lawford evidently

thought of her as nothing better than a call girl. Rupert said Monroe told him that

when she was in a New York hospital for one of her "miscarriages"

a couple of years earlier, she thought of suicide. But she was on the eighth floor, and when

she looked down, she saw a woman standing at a bus stop wearing

a green coat. Fearing she would land on the innocent woman and

kill her, Monroe pulled back from her suicidal thoughts. Rupert

thought she was not suicidal on the night of her death in 1962 but

was generally somewhat reckless in her consumption of alcohol and pills. One problem, of course,

with that theory is that the autopsy by Dr. Noguchi did not

turn up evidence of a lethal dose in her stomach.

Edited by Joseph McBride

56 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

One problem, of course,

So, do you feel certain it was a suicide even with Dr. Noguchi's findings?

2 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

Sirhan killed RFK.....alone. (IMO.)

That’s nice but not what I asked you.   If you feel it was him alone then based upon your prior posts it appears you feel this way based upon the “evidence”.   You mentioned the witnesses.   Would you agree that the witnesses do not all agree it was Sirhan?  Do you agree that a witness saw a woman going down stairs exclaiming I believe “we got him” or something to that affect?

Yes or no?

30 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

I don't know enough to be certain about Monroe's

death other than it was suspicious and some points

do not add up.

I see. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

thought of her as nothing better than a call girl.

So...Lawford still not a pimp? 

Edited by David Andrews

She likely OD'd.  Read.  Money, Dr'(s) available for multiple script's, quite possibly depressed.  25 Nembutal, chloral hydrate, more.  Plus, alcohol.  The candle burned out long before the legend ever did.

I thought I read it would have cleared her stomach before the autopsy (Joseph).

Edited by Ron Bulman

On 10/8/2022 at 12:45 PM, Paul Brancato said:

I’m not convinced Marilyn wasn’t offed, even though medical records support suicide more. But I reject claims that the Kennedy brothers killed her, that RFK had a sexual relationship with her, or that she and JFK were romantically involved. Yes he had numerous liaisons, and a brief one with MM is likely based on real evidence. But claims that either Kennedy offed her are ridiculous, and part of a very wide ranging operation designed to besmirch their memories. It also seems shameful that MM is subject to a similar character assassination. She was very special, uniquely talented. I continue to respect and honor her work and mourn her too brief time on earth. 

I think Mark Shaw makes a strong case against suicide. Leaving aside the very strange circumstances surrounding her death, suicide makes no sense. Her career was on the upswing, and a number of other positive things were happening in her life. The last friend who saw her hours before she died said she gave no indication of being depressed, much less suicidal. 

I don't think we can wave aside the evidence that RFK was romantically involved with her. 

Well, now, why is it ridiculous to believe that either Kennedy may have arranged for her death, given the threat that she posed to their careers if she went public with her affairs with them? I'm agnostic on the subject, but I don't rule it out. 

22 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

I've mentioned before my conversation about Marilyn

Monroe's death with her publicist Rupert Allan, one of

the most urbane people I met in the Hollywood publicity

scene (he also was the longtime representative of

Princess Grace). Rupert said he thought Monroe's death was

due to an accidental overdose. She was in the habit of 

lining up small bottles of Champagne around her bedroom

and would guzzle them from time to time, losing track of

how many she had drunk. When they were mixed with

pills, it was dangerous, as he said happened in this instance.

thought of her as nothing better than a call girl. Rupert said Monroe told him that

when she was in a New York hospital for one of her "miscarriages"

a couple of years earlier, she thought of suicide. But she was on the eighth floor, and when

she looked down, she saw a woman standing at a bus stop wearing

a green coat. Fearing she would land on the innocent woman and

kill her, Monroe pulled back from her suicidal thoughts. Rupert

thought she was not suicidal on the night of her death in 1962 but

was generally somewhat reckless in her consumption of alcohol and pills. One problem, of course,

From research: The slim, dark-haired Mr. Lawford was known as a light-hearted, romantic actor in M-G-M films during the late 1940's and early 50's and as a member of the Kennedy family during his 12- year marriage to Patricia Kennedy, a sister of President John F. Kennedy. They were divorced in 1966.Dec 25, 1984