The Education Forum

Morley and MFF press conference

On 12/6/2022 at 5:01 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

Here is a link to view the press conference.

A few more notes. 

The "statistics guy" whose name I missed before is Fernand (?) Amandi of Bendixen and Amandi.  They asked the exactly same worded question George Gallup asked on the evening of 11/22/63 and got the same results.  Much more depth to his presentation which starts at about 1:08.  Well worth the time to watch though the whole thing is.

"Those files are no longer maintained as a collection".  Judge Tunheim?  About the SS or CIA (what files?), incomplete notes. 

I'm too skeptical.  Once an agent, always an agent?  I took Mowatt-Larssen with a grain of salt.  For a "former" agent he seemed almost too agreeable to releasing files, an opportunity for the agency to improve its image.  He did mention the term rouge three times, agents, group, I forget.  "A very small group of".  Which gives me pause.

What is a group of rouge agents?  They act independently, without authorization?  Is David (we got that SOB) Morales, Director of operations (?) at JMWAVE a rouge agent?  Is James Jesus Angleton, keeper of the privately held Oswald files since 1959, a rouge agent?  Did they act without authorization?  Questions he could answer?  Was he agreeing to the possibility of Oswald in an operation in September as a limited hangout?  Nothing to do with the assassination of course.

Jeff's bit on J Walton Moore at the end was interesting.  Over 200 pages in his file still withheld, with hundreds of redactions in them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

A few more notes. 

The "statistics guy" whose name I missed before is Fernand (?) Amandi of Bendixen and Amandi.  They asked the exactly same worded question George Gallup asked on the evening of 11/22/63 and got the same results.  Much more depth to his presentation which starts at about 1:08.  Well worth the time to watch though the whole thing is.

"Those files are no longer maintained as a collection".  Judge Tunheim?  About the SS or CIA (what files?), incomplete notes. 

I'm too skeptical.  Once an agent, always an agent?  I took Mowatt-Larssen with a grain of salt.  For a "former" agent he seemed almost too agreeable to releasing files, an opportunity for the agency to improve its image.  He did mention the term rouge three times, agents, group, I forget.  "A very small group of".  Which gives me pause.

What is a group of rouge agents?  They act independently, without authorization?  Is David (we got that SOB) Morales, Director of operations (?) at JMWAVE a rouge agent?  Is James Jesus Angleton, keeper of the privately held Oswald files since 1959, a rouge agent?  Did they act without authorization?  Questions he could answer?  Was he agreeing to the possibility of Oswald in an operation in September as a limited hangout?  Nothing to do with the assassination of course.

Jeff's bit on J Walton Moore at the end was interesting.  Over 200 pages in his file still withheld, with hundreds of redactions in them.

Jeff's bit on J Walton Moore at the end was interesting.  Over 200 pages in his file still withheld, with hundreds of redactions in them.--Bulman

My thoughts exactly. How are 60-year-old papers in a domestic (Dallas) CIA officer's files so dangerous to US national security? 

Well if they contained his reporting on Lee Oswald from DeMohrenschildt and others in Forth Worth / Dallas they would certainly undermine the "we had no interest in and knew nothing about Lee Oswald" mantra given the WC.  Even more interesting might be the routing on those memos disclosing who at headquarters and in other areas of the Agency were being informed on Oswald after his return to the US - or who had requested certain types of follow up on him.

Dangerous to National Security, unlikely (although they might indeed reveal some violations of CIA restraints on domestic activity including mail intercepts and other things related to an American citizen inside the U.S.) but potentially damaging to the CIA distancing itself from Oswald....oh yes...

30 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Jeff's bit on J Walton Moore at the end was interesting.  Over 200 pages in his file still withheld, with hundreds of redactions in them.--Bulman

My thoughts exactly. How are 60-year-old papers in a domestic (Dallas) CIA officer's files so dangerous to US national security? 

Exactly. This is potentially important.

And Moore was such a BSer about his relationship with the Baron.

52 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

And Moore was such a BSer about his relationship with the Baron.

In the JFKA community, we know to never get our hopes up. 

The CIA is not beyond a lock-and-key job, and scrubbing the Moore files even more. I wonder where they are physically located. 

But something was going on among Moore, Baron and LHO, and maybe others in the White Russian community, or the local FBI office. 

It defies credulity that true national security is at stake with the Moore files. If there is a (rare) bona fide concern about exposing someone's ID, then fine, clean up that particular situation. 

16 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

Also thanks Jean Paul. I want to update to that essay at some point but haven’t had time to write anything lately. I have a ton of “new” material that I think would add quite a bit - but it’s already long as hell so I might just do an addendum or something. Harry Holmes’ interview with Larry Sneed in particular is very interesting in context, and I have no idea how I missed it for the essay. I had the damn book too. 

I would go for an addendum (or part II).  I think that could save you some time, adapting the first won't be easy, changing the footnotes, etc.  An addendum is better to show new insights IMO.     And indeed, the interview is very interesting, 4 boxes, 1 key, Marina's access, the forwarding, the large parcel instructions, ,....  On the LHO-interrogation, Holmes said he had 3 original PO box applications with him.     

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans