The Education Forum

Carter assassination attempt 1979

I know that this has been discussed here, but as far as I can tell there's never been a thread dedicated to the subject. 

On May 9th, 1979, the following AP story appeared in newspapers. The photo is from the Ithaca Journal. The incident took place in Los Angeles, site of the assassination of RFK. The principles were RAYmond LEE HARVEY and (not mentioned in the article) OSVALDO the Spanish language equivalent of Oswald) Espinoza Ortiz. The story mentions the use of diversionary shooters, Latins, and Mexico. Sound familiar? The names of two of the three assassins that were being investigated by the HSCA. What are the odds that this is all coincidental? Any thoughts?

Screenshot_20221219-042134_Samsung Internet.jpg

Its really an amazing incident that is underplayed.

Was it a warning?

Yes, Andrew and Lawrence, I remember reading of this.  But I'm having trouble finding info I have before on it.  Found this while looking though.

Reported Carter‐Assassination Plot Given Credibility by New Evidence - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Unusual for them to give credibility to an assassination plot.

Edited by Ron Bulman

6 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yes, Andrew and Lawrence, I remember reading of this.  But I'm having trouble finding info I have before on it.  Found this while looking though.

Reported Carter‐Assassination Plot Given Credibility by New Evidence - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Unusual for them to give credibility to an assassination plot.

Here's an article from the May 11th 1979 L.A. Times with more details. 

Screenshot_20221220-045352_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

From President Carter's dedication speech at the JFK Presidential Library. 

https://www.jfklibrary.org/about-us/about-the-jfk-library/history/1979-dedication-remarks-by-president-carter

Screenshot_20221220-052134_Samsung Internet.jpg

Great quote. There is a pattern to all of that. Fear is one of the most powerful tools and emotions. It puts people into a primeval state of thinking, not a rational, logical one. Each event built on the last in the minds of the public. It made the public more malleable. 

6 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Great quote. There is a pattern to all of that. Fear is one of the most powerful tools and emotions. It puts people into a primeval state of thinking, not a rational, logical one. Each event built on the last in the minds of the public. It made the public more malleable. 

Another President discusses the JFK assassination...

5 minutes ago, Robert Burrows said:

Another President discusses the JFK assassination...

He has a little smile which says it all. As if its a smiling matter. Pathological behaviour. 

I’ll sound like a broken record here but, Reagan gets shot by John Hinckley Jr, personally known to the vice president, George H W Bush. If Reagan dies, Bush becomes president. Once again odds defy probability. 

34 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

He has a little smile which says it all. As if its a smiling matter. Pathological behaviour. 

I’ll sound like a broken record here but, Reagan gets shot by John Hinckley Jr, personally known to the vice president, George H W Bush. If Reagan dies, Bush becomes president. Once again odds defy probability. 

Here's an oldie but goodie.. 

47 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Then there's the infamous November 29, 1963 Hoover memo that mentions "Mr. George Bush of the Central Intelligence Agency”...