The Education Forum

Fred Litwin's new book

12 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Paul, read Jims posts in the last 3 pages and the links he provides.  You will learn more about Fred than he ever wants you to know.  That's why you see him lurking.

Yeah, some of that was tongue in cheek so to speak.  I rarely go to people's blog's or websites when posted on the threads.

Edited by Paul Cummings

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Steve Roe said:

The RIF# is 1994.04.12.12:16:07:600005 However it it lumped in with other CIA doc's. If you do the RIF search for 1994.04.12.12, the doc's will appear. I haven't located a "redaction free" on that RIF. I'm not interested. 

Banister and Jeeps: Although the CIA states 1963, it could have been referring to this FBI report of Banister in 1961 about war surplus jeeps. https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=81057#relPageId=8&search=Banister_jeeps

Re: Clay Shaw and the Czech trade fair. That was in 1955. As I'm sure you are aware, the CIA was in the information gathering business on economics, trade, current affairs, etc. in other countries. Clay Shaw did extensive travel to Europe, West Indies, Latin America. This was not cloak and dagger stuff. I see nothing sinister about Leake approaching him about the Czech Trade Mission and offering to pay expenses while he was in Europe. That was Clay Shaw's business, international trade. 

But Shaw was not a paid CIA agent in cloak and dagger fantasies like DiEugenio says. But hey we know DiEugenio's highly questionable record of getting anything right and leading people down false trails, don't we?

Shaw filed reports to DCS from 1949 to 1961 on his travels. One trip to Peru were he was asked about that country's problems with exchange currency. There you go DiEugenio......find something sinister with that. How about the roads in Nicaragua that Shaw was questioned about? That has to be tied in with the assassination. 

Clay Shaw was an innocent man whose life was ruined by Garrison. He had nothing to do with the assassination. Take a look at Harold Weisberg's archives on Garrison. 

Thanks Steve. I've seen that FBI report before - and I'm pretty sure you are right that Banister must've provided the same information to the CIA. Banister's relationship with CIA seems to be a bit more complicated than that though, but I'll restrict my Banister rants to the other thread. 

Regarding Shaw, I'm not sure that the "contract agent" issue is quite as simple as you are making it out to be. That's not to say there's anything sinister about it at all, but I'm not convinced that Shaw's relationship with the agency was restricted to informing on foreign trade shows. For one example, see my comment above regarding William Kent and clandestine funding channels to Miami exile groups. Also, where did you get that Shaw's DCS reports extended into 1961? Everything I've seen on Shaw's "official contacts" with the agency says the contacts stopped in 1956. For example:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=101723#relPageId=2

There was quite a bit of CIA activity around the Trade Mart. As you know, J. Monroe Sullivan was cleared under QKENCHANT, which suggests that the Trade Mart was used as a cover organization for CIA NOCs. Sullivan, Shaw, William Martin, and Jesse Core all have some sort of CIA connection, and I'm sure there were plenty more.

Basically, I think it's interesting and worthwhile to try to find out what the hell the CIA was really doing in New Orleans around the time of Oswald and the JFKA - even if there are only tangential connections to the actual case. 

1 hour ago, Robin Finn said:

How many other people just working with DCD had  much of their 201 file contents destroyed? 

Screenshot 2023-01-31 8.24.28 PM.png

This is a very good point. It's interesting too that the early reports remained in the file but the later ones were destroyed, so it wasn't just a routine destruction based on age of the files. I think that William Sturbitts' RockCom testimony and the suspicious lack of follow-up with Bill Kent suggests that Shaw was possibly involved in the JMWAVE funding network through New Orleans, but I kind of doubt that sort of thing would have been in his 201.

Shaw should have had an OS file somewhere too, but I've never seen a reference to anything like that. 

Edited by Tom Gram

1 hour ago, Paul Cummings said:

Yeah, some of that was tongue in cheek so to speak.  I rarely go to people's blog's or websites when posted on the threads.

It's worth checking out if your serious about the JFKA.

1 hour ago, Robin Finn said:

How many other people just working with DCD had  much of their 201 file contents destroyed? 

Screenshot 2023-01-31 8.24.28 PM.png

Nice one Robin.

This is what I mean, coming and going there was a cover up about Shaw.

And if it was not for the ARRB and Manny Legaspi, we would have not known about it.

16 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

Also, where did you get that Shaw's DCS reports extended into 1961? Everything I've seen on Shaw's "official contacts" with the agency says the contacts stopped in 1956. For example:

Tom, you are right. I mixed up the time he presented General Cabell in 1961. Thanks for catching that. Having issues with the ice storm down here, so not able to respond in a timely manner. 

TG: For one example, see my comment above regarding William Kent and clandestine funding channels to Miami exile groups.

This is correct Tom, there was evidence Shaw was involved with this, and this is some of the material that disappeared from Shaw's file to the point Legaspi could not find it.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 2/1/2023 at 5:57 PM, Lance Payette said:

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" = except in Conspiracy World. That's right, all the Conspiratorially Good Stuff was purged from Shaw's file. The very fact it was absent proves it - in Conspiracy World anyway. The possibility Conspiratorially Good Stuff never existed is not a possibility in Conspiracy World, where absence of evidence is indeed evidence of absence.

I have a copy Louis Bloomfield's WW2 military record. It does not mention that he was involved in intelligence work yet Bloomfield admitted in an interview for a magazine that he did intelligence work during the war. Records do not have to be purged if the information was never added to the record.

3 minutes ago, John Kowalski said:

I have a copy Louis Bloomfield's WW2 military record. It does not mention that he was involved in intelligence work yet Bloomfield admitted in an interview for a magazine that he did intelligence work during the war. Records do not have to be purged if the information was never added to the record.

I've run across this as well in my research. What makes it more difficult are tweeners. Those who where to young for WWI or now older for WWII. 

Edited by Paul Cummings

On 2/12/2023 at 6:15 AM, Gerry Down said:

Fred Litwin appears on Rob Clarks podcast to talk about his new book:

"Loose Moose" Productions?

Now that's a catchy title! LMFAO! So, who is Rob Clarke and what's his listening audience #'s, and should anyone be impressed?

38 minutes ago, David G. Healy said:

"Loose Moose" Productions?

Now that's a catchy title! LMFAO! So, who is Rob Clarke and what's his listening audience #'s, and should anyone be impressed?

I don't know the listening numbers. Personally I don't care what a person's listening figures are as long as they are well read in the assassination. Clark has been studying the assassination for something like 20 or 30 years and been doing that podcast for almost 10 years I think. He's a CTer.