The Education Forum

Thankyou, Tucker Carlson!!

Matthew Koch

2 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

It’s a psychological weakness, Matt K, they perceive an enemy, hear something not to their taste that challenges their world view and reduce themselves to the most primitive state of thinking in the emotional part of the brain. The result is to fight/lash out, instead of just thinking a little and listening to the part they might find relevant or useful. These types of people can we walked into anything by a government using techniques that draw upon their emotions. 

I for one am glad that Tucker is still pushing this topic and giving it airtime. I’d like to see him have more guests on challenging the status quo. I would like to see CNN and other networks also pushing this. I won’t hold my breath. 

I’m fascinated by the comments on this thread. I’ll start with you Chris, someone whose perceptions often jibe with mine. It seems to me that you are saying that ‘liberals’ are afflicted with a psychological weakness that ‘conservatives’ are not. Is that what you believe? Personally I think we are all being bombarded with all manner of propaganda from all sides, and it’s a challenge for any and all of us to keep our heads straight. 
i agree mostly with Joe, and with Pat, whose viewpoints I don’t by any means always side with. But he is right in my view to be cynical of the motIves of Carlson, and maybe Schweikert as well. But first, it is absolutely the case that ‘Democrats’ and Liberals  are doing nothing. I can concede that and still be skeptical of Tucker Carlson. As Pat says, what happens if he has Alex Jones or - worse - James Fetzer on air as an expert? If he had Oliver Stone, Jim DiEugenio, John Newman, on air instead, people that can articulate on JFK without dragging in the kitchen sink conspiracies, I’d then extend him more credit. Let’s see how things transpire. 
Rachel Maddow or her ilk don’t cover this while Tucker Carlson does. What does that prove? It’s all divide and conquer, all funded by monied elites who have more in common with each other than they do with any of us. Yes, it is in fact Good vs Evil, but these spokespeople are not the personification of those qualities. They are hired pundits. Maybe they believe what they say, maybe they don’t. But they are only esconced in their  pulpits because other interests fund them and derive benefit, both commercial and political. 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’m fascinated by the comments on this thread. I’ll start with you Chris, someone whose perceptions often jibe with mine. It seems to me that you are saying that ‘liberals’ are afflicted with a psychological weakness that ‘conservatives’ are not. Is that what you believe? Personally I think we are all being bombarded with all manner of propaganda from all sides, and it’s a challenge for any and all of us to keep our heads straight. 
i agree mostly with Joe, and with Pat, whose viewpoints I don’t by any means always side with. But he is right in my view to be cynical of the motIves of Carlson, and maybe Schweikert as well. But first, it is absolutely the case that ‘Democrats’ and Liberals  are doing nothing. I can concede that and still be skeptical of Tucker Carlson. As Pat says, what happens if he has Alex Jones or - worse - James Fetzer on air as an expert? If he had Oliver Stone, Jim DiEugenio, John Newman, on air instead, people that can articulate on JFK without dragging in the kitchen sink conspiracies, I’d then extend him more credit. Let’s see how things transpire. 
Rachel Maddow or her ilk don’t cover this while Tucker Carlson does. What does that prove? It’s all divide and conquer, all funded by monied elites who have more in common with each other than they do with any of us. Yes, it is in fact Good vs Evil, but these spokespeople are not the personification of those qualities. They are hired pundits. Maybe they believe what they say, maybe they don’t. But they are only esconced in their  pulpits because other interests fund them and derive benefit, both commercial and political. 

Paul, when Amy Klobacher wrote a letter to Biden you had a totally different reaction than to a Republican creating a bill to free the files. The only thing I can chalk this up to is personal confirmation bias.When the Allen Dulles and the Yahtzee's thread got put into political discussions and I read your right wing infiltrators thread and I can't understand  how you and Lance come together on someone like Tucker Carlson? To contrast I really don't like Amy Klobacher but I put the JFK files above my political biases and didn't say anything negative about her because Larry was trying to get members of congress on board for a bill. 

3 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

You really need to come to grips with the fact Tucker has hung himself with his demands people at Fox get fired for saying things that might upset their viewers, or cut into his ratings and pocketbook. He and his buddies knew the Donald had lost the election, but helped spread fibs about it and Dominion's role in it so they could hold onto their place of power within the angry old white guy community. He has no credibility. 

Well Pat... From dealing with people like you taking quotes out of context from the Bible. I learned to go read the line before and after the selected quote for the actual context. Guess what happened when I attempted to do that? I found out that is a selected quote from a redacted document SO we don't even know the context!

Funny how that didn't stop Mr I'm smarter than CT'er and LN'ers from not looking into it further and doing what he's literally attempting to son me on: That the rest of the story isn't as Juicy as political propagandists want us to believe..

SO, Pat just like in Murphy's law of warfare when your target is in range.. also are you. Unfortunately you took the bait on the fake news and when Jerry pointed that out with a clip from Mark Dice you went into cognitive dissidence mode and didn't address what the video said. Instead doubling down on your confirmation bias of Tucker and people on the right in general.  I would recommend reading this since Snoops is a favorite source of skeptical lefties like yourself. (Place make extra sure to watch the Tucker Clip with Powell) 

https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/02/17/tucker-carlson-trump-demonic-force-destroyer/

On Feb. 16, a redacted summary judgment was filed by attorneys for voting hardware and software maker Dominion Voting Systems as part of its $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News. Within the document were partial pieces of numerous communications from both on-air personalities and high-ranking employees and executives for the network who had purportedly, in apparent opposition to some of their broadcast remarks, privately cast doubt on outgoing U.S. President Donald Trump's claims that there had been massive fraud in the 2020 U.S. presidential election.

3 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Well Pat... From dealing with people like you taking quotes out of context from the Bible. I learned to go read the line before and after the selected quote for the actual context. Guess what happened when I attempted to do that? I found out that is a selected quote from a redacted document SO we don't even know the context!

Funny how that didn't stop Mr I'm smarter than CT'er and LN'ers from not looking into it further and doing what he's literally attempting to son me on: That the rest of the story isn't as Juicy as political propagandists want us to believe..

SO, Pat just like in Murphy's law of warfare when your target is in range.. also are you. Unfortunately you took the bait on the fake news and when Jerry pointed that out with a clip from Mark Dice you went into cognitive dissidence mode and didn't address what the video said. Instead doubling down on your confirmation bias of Tucker and people on the right in general.  I would recommend reading this since Snoops is a favorite source of skeptical lefties like yourself. (Place make extra sure to watch the Tucker Clip with Powell) 

https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/02/17/tucker-carlson-trump-demonic-force-destroyer/

On Feb. 16, a redacted summary judgment was filed by attorneys for voting hardware and software maker Dominion Voting Systems as part of its $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News. Within the document were partial pieces of numerous communications from both on-air personalities and high-ranking employees and executives for the network who had purportedly, in apparent opposition to some of their broadcast remarks, privately cast doubt on outgoing U.S. President Donald Trump's claims that there had been massive fraud in the 2020 U.S. presidential election.

Why do you guys keep avoiding the issue? No one disputes that Tucker et al expressed doubts about the claims of Powell, etc. But his messages make clear he was worried Fox's acknowledgement Trump lost the election would drive away viewers, and sought the removal of those who might alienate those viewers by egads! telling the truth. 

Admit it. if an email came out where Rachel Maddow cried about ratings and stock price and demanded the termination of someone who'd said nice things about Trump, you would lose your mind. 

4 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I am guessing you are on the youngin' side, and are a newbie to this. But if you did your homework you'd realize that credibility in this case is paramount, and that the research community has been damaged and the truth has been delayed due to the high profile of certain individuals who choose to tie the JFKA in with all sorts of other stuff, including moon landings they believe were faked, attacks on the country they believe were faked, attacks on school children they believe were faked, and now a totally non-existent assault on democracy by the Dems, that was a lie spread as part of an attempted coup. 

Those of us in the trenches have witnessed the damage this has done. The evidence strongly indicates that JFK was shot by more than one shooter, and that the government has covered it up. Period. That's reality. All the stuff about evil cabals running the world and the U.S. being the great evil is just James Bond stuff--the product of over-eager imaginations by those trying to shorten history to a two-hour movie. 

Credibility is key, yet that was the take down of Jim Garrison and his investigation by people exactly like yourself. Then when Oliver Stone made Garrison's book the central story of JFK guess what researchers said? That Jim Garrison is everything that they accused Donald Trump of being and attacked the movie before it even came out on that point. But according to Pat Speer that same media is completely right and justified about how they treated Trump and his supporters even though Russia Gate has been shown to be an intel op, Zelensky Call whistle blower was CIA and bs, Trump didn't do enough for covid even though he did more than an other world leader, J6 Fedsurrection that had at least 33 feds involved. Tucker Carlson and conservative are evil so they can't have genuine reasons for changing their opinions on the JFKA is basically the argument from you and your cult. That's why you have to throw in Fake Moon landing attacks on our country they believe were faked (Whatever that is) attacks on school children were faked guess that's why Operation Mocking Bird exists because of self-righteous condescending judgmental people like yourself. 

12 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Why do you guys keep avoiding the issue? No one disputes that Tucker et al expressed doubts about the claims of Powell, etc. But his messages make clear he was worried Fox's acknowledgement Trump lost the election would drive away viewers, and sought the removal of those who might alienate those viewers by egads! telling the truth. 

Admit it. if an email came out where Rachel Maddow cried about ratings and stock price and demanded the termination of someone who'd said nice things about Trump, you would lose your mind. 

As I mentioned earlier if Racheal Maddows featured JFKA or Freeing the files in a positive light I would commend her..

But the reality is this is your Rachel Maddows:  

Edited by Matthew Koch

4 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

As I mentioned earlier if Racheal Maddows mentioned JFKA or Freeing the files in a positive light I would comment her..

But the reality is this is your Rachel Maddows:  

Interesting video.

I like how she emphasized the "man" in mannlicher carcano. As if men were to blame.

Paul et al- I interviewed Alec Baldwin in 2017 at the dinner event following the mock trial. I asked him why Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews and other MSNBC hosts appeared to support the official conclusions and disparaged Lee Oswald.  He revealed that he was told by senior producers at NBC that it was the policy of the network to support the Warren Commission findings.  He was told this after a 50th anniversary show he had arranged to air on his Friday night show was cancelled by NBC.

NBC refused to release the Walter Sheridan files and the Darnell film to the ARRB. Tunheim was so angered by the network's obstruction that he had the ARRB legal counsel prepare a subpoena. However, the Clinton DOJ declined to serve the subpoena.

My liberal friends, we  are living in Seinfeld Bizzarro world where it is the roles of the parties have been reversed. The DNC is now defending the law enforcement and national security institutions against "conspiracy theories" while the GOP is pressing for full disclosure.  Your heads may be exploding and the thought may give you indigestion but the GOP may be our best route to get an oversight hearing.   I suspect if we had a Republican president, the Senate might be more amendable to holding an oversight hearing so they could embarrass the sitting president.

If any of you have good contacts with Senate leadership, perhaps you can change the current dynamics.         

3 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

Paul et al- I interviewed Alec Baldwin in 2017 at the dinner event following the mock trial. I asked him why Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews and other MSNBC hosts appeared to support the official conclusions and disparaged Lee Oswald.  He revealed that he was told by senior producers at NBC that it was the policy of the network to support the Warren Commission findings.  He was told this after a 50th anniversary show he had arranged to air on his Friday night show was cancelled by NBC.

NBC refused to release the Walter Sheridan files and the Darnell film to the ARRB. Tunheim was so angered by the network's obstruction that he had the ARRB legal counsel prepare a subpoena. However, the Clinton DOJ declined to serve the subpoena.

My liberal friends, we  are living in Seinfeld Bizzarro world where it is the roles of the parties have been reversed. The DNC is now defending the law enforcement and national security institutions against "conspiracy theories" while the GOP is pressing for full disclosure.  Your heads may be exploding and the thought may give you indigestion but the GOP may be our best route to get an oversight hearing.   I suspect if we had a Republican president, the Senate might be more amendable to holding an oversight hearing so they could embarrass the sitting president.

If any of you have good contacts with Senate leadership, perhaps you can change the current dynamics.         

I performed a detailed study of the media's response to the 50th anniversary and was a bit surprised to find that Fox was the most open-minded of the major networks. I attribute this then and now to the fact they really had no dog in the hunt, in that there was no Fox News in 1963, and there was no sense that they would be betraying their mentors by suddenly claiming that they were mistaken about one of the biggest stories they ever covered. 

As we've seen, moreover, there are some in the Fox Universe who actually embrace conspiracy...because it's a way to attack Lyndon Johnson and his great society.

So it's not surprising that Fox would allow and perhaps encourage Tucker Carlson--a pundit, not a newsman--to wield the JFKA as a weapon. What I would like to see, however, is for Fox News, as an entity, to throw their money behind a new program on the case that would be free from right-wing spin. They did a decent job on the 50th. I was put in contact with the producer of the program to see if he was looking for ideas for a follow-up. I asked and he told me no, that there would be no follow-up until perhaps the 60th, because Fox wouldn't bankroll another program no matter how explosive the evidence, until they could tie it in to a special anniversary, etc. He also admitted, to my surprise, that they performed no research or analysis on their own, and relied instead upon a gatekeeper, who would give thumbs up or thumbs down on the speakers and ideas to be expressed on a prospective Fox News Special on the assassination. And no, it wasn't John McAdams. 

Edited by Pat Speer

3 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

The above is an important post by an a-political observer. 

Stop drinking the red or blue kool-aid long enough to accept what is. Verily, it is Schweikert and Carlson pushing the ball forward on the JFKA now. 

I will say it again: At this point I would hold hands with Attila the Hun if it opened up the JFKA files. 

BTW, I believe I national health care and a much-smaller military establishment. Higher property taxes, and lower taxes on wage income, and all sorts of (what used to) liberal positions. Anything that makes for tighter US labor markets. 

But what is, is. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

12 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’m fascinated by the comments on this thread. I’ll start with you Chris, someone whose perceptions often jibe with mine. It seems to me that you are saying that ‘liberals’ are afflicted with a psychological weakness that ‘conservatives’ are not. Is that what you believe?

Hi Paul, I appreciate the question. I think you, and a couple of others here crave conversations that challenge your own ideas, and world view, which is a stark contrast to most people. This conversation is one that takes us onto another plane of thinking, it could be a long one. I’ve certainly had it a few times across dinner tables with friends from various walks of life.

In direct answer to your question; I believe both groupings have the same propensity to be triggered into thinking via the amygdala, (the emotional part of the brain). Both are put into this animalistic, instinctive way of thinking, primarily through the use of propaganda generated by media. The fight, flight, freeze, feed and fornicate instinctive mechanism’s are of course present in everyone. However, the two social groups you have identified (liberals and conservatives) are conditioned differently, and therefore are more effectively targeted with different methods to achieve their consent/support, or to generate their primeval emotions. However, something like “fear” is universal in producing an emotional response.

I can explain this in more detail, highlighting some of the methods and topics that trigger the human response in a particular group. I note that within liberals, if you can attach compassion to an agenda, then almost everyone is on board. Which is why I responded in the way I did above. Conservatives of course have their own triggers. You can glean what works just by analysing the news agendas from either side of the spectrum. 

Its also worth noting that a smaller percentage of the population seem to have a natural penchant for critical thinking, they question everything and spend much of their time in the neo-cortex, the logical, rational thinking part of the brain. The opposite is also true that a smaller percentage of the population spends all of their time in the amygdala (emotional brain). Women have a higher probability of being more emotional than men, typically. 

9 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

All that matter is if Tucker can get the House to hold an oversight hearing on the JFK Act.  

That would be very helpful indeed. 

14 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I will say it again: At this point I would hold hands with Attila the Hun if it opened up the JFKA files. 

BTW, I believe I national health care and a much-smaller military establishment. Higher property taxes, and lower taxes on wage income, and all sorts of (what used to) liberal positions. Anything that makes for tighter US labor markets. 

Totally agree with your views expressed in the lower paragraph.

However, regards your willingness to hold hands with Attila The Hun if he opened up the JFKA files;

What if all the files that had any deep and real JFKA truth revealing info just don't exist?

What if they've long ago been removed and destroyed?

What if the bombshell story TC has been teasing you all with turns out to be nothing more than ... a nothing burger!

And in a reasonably fair expectant time frame ( perhaps by the JFK 60th anniversary date?) nothing has been discovered and revealed?

At what point in time would those here who are now hoping TC may be the coming JFKA Knight In Shining Armor truth crusader/savior and praising his newly independent high moral courage to the point of downplaying and kind of forgiving his career long Fox News indiscretions, like reporting stories that he knows aren't true just to save ratings, obsessively demonizing the Democratic party populist working class and constantly angering and working up Trump's base and over-all just widening the growing "civil war" mentality divide in our society ... admit their foolish gullibility in doing so?

If something earth shaking were to come forth regards TC's teasing JFKA truth proclamations ( and not two years from now ) I will be the first to admit I was wrong about my mistrust of TC to the degree I have, which is total.

Time will tell I guess.

The truth shall set you free.

If you allow it to.

Edited by Joe Bauer