The Education Forum

Russ Baker's Latest Op-Ed About RFK, Jr.

I've been a fan of investigative journalist Russ Baker ever since I read his great book, Family of Secrets, about the "untold history" of the Bush family.

He is a Deep State critic, and a JFKA Truther.

In recent years, Baker has run an independent news site called Who What Why.

He has recently published a series of op-eds about RFK, Jr.'s candidacy.

Since the JFKA forum has become a site for Ben Cole's daily threads about RFK, Jr.'s 2024 Presidential candidacy, here is this morning's Russ Baker op-ed.

If Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Were President, How Safe Would We Be? - WhoWhatWhy

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

"Because he’s burned his bridges with the environmental movement, President Kennedy Jr. might have to give EPA chief to someone like venture capitalist David Sacks or one of the social media celebrities taking a contrarian position on how bad Earth’s problems are and what can and should be done about them."

I am not familiar with this claim; it was my impression that RFK Jr, remained an avid environmentalist.

Any idea what is being referenced here?

Russ Baker is doing a smear at his site.

And William is ready at the mark to carry these. 

Bobby Kennedy was one of the very best environmental lawyers in the country. And he won the first decision against Monsanto.

If someone can show me a better one, please do.

This comes from a similar smear by Naomi Klein in the Guardian which William also mentioned.

Bobby thinks that the climate change issue has been coopted by the Davos, WEF crowd.  People he does not want to deal with.  

And anyone who can call Family of Secrets a great book, is not a very critical thinker.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/reviews/baker-russ-family-of-secrets

Can someone explain to me what this has to do with the JFK murder?

IF William wants to set up a collection of smears and hatchet jobs on RFK Jr, why does he not just set up his own web site and do it there.  Why does he use this site to do it?

Edited by James DiEugenio

Baker sees RFK, Jr. as a flip-flopper, now cynically embracing de-regulation to gain power. Baker saw what Sam Seder noted.

In an interview with Breaking Points host Saagar Enjeti, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was asked why nuclear, solar, wind, or any other form of power should “float outside of public support systems” if the overall social benefit of it “unlocks economic potential.” Kennedy responded that he believes implementing energy policy in a free market context is optimal. He said that the free market is the best way to drive innovation and efficiency in the energy sector. Kennedy also said that he believes the government should play a role in supporting clean energy technologies, but that the private sector should be the primary driver of innovation. 

This is a ridiculous and uninformed statement. The free market has failed miserably when it comes to addressing climate change. The private sector has no incentive to invest in clean energy technologies because they are not profitable in the short term. The only way to effectively address climate change is through government regulation and investment.

I think free market "Innovation" and "efficiency" are what's made the U.S. number one in the world at producing oil from tar sands, the dirtiest oil. NPR had a piece just the other day about the changing nature of the global oil economy, most distressing.

Edited by George Govus
clarity

Re: Russ Baker

I thought this was an excellent piece. It starts out strong,  he gets lost in the weeds a little when he's speculating who might be RFK' Jr's cabinet members.

But I had the exact same impression as Baker of this interviews with RFK Jr. on Breaking Points, there's no doubt  RFK Jr. is very corporate about at least, energy. This doesn't square with  his declaration vow against "corporate feudalism"  which I really liked..The  big oils seem pretty feudal, among the biggest and most successful companies in the world.                    

Philosophically, it's quite a  gaffe, but mostly for philosophers. 

Then honestly sometimes I think he's not sure what he thinks. Sometimes I find a naivete. There's so many fair questions that can be asked. I wonder if he's at all prepared for what's he up for?

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I've been a fan of investigative journalist Russ Baker ever since I read his great book, Family of Secrets, about the "untold history" of the Bush family.

He is a Deep State critic, and a JFKA Truther.

In recent years, Baker has run an independent news site called Who What Why.

He has recently published a series of op-eds about RFK, Jr.'s candidacy.

Since the JFKA forum has become a site for Ben Cole's daily threads about RFK, Jr.'s 2024 Presidential candidacy, here is this morning's Russ Baker op-ed.

If Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Were President, How Safe Would We Be? - WhoWhatWhy

I think Russ Baker raises legitimate concerns about RFK Jr.  

But IMHO there are larger concerns about the JFK Records Act, and the Biden Administration subordinate relation to the intel state.  

I am also increasingly uneasy with Deep State-media relations, and I hope an RFK Jr. would at least try to scale back state-manipulated media. 

Operation Mockingbird has grown and morphed into Operation B-52, in scale. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I think Russ Baker raises legitimate concerns about RFK Jr.  

But IMHO there are larger concerns about the JFK Records Act, and the Biden Administration subordinate relation to the intel state.  

I am also increasingly uneasy with Deep State-media relations, and I hope an RFK Jr. would at least try to scale back state-manipulated media. 

Operation Mockingbird has grown and morphed into Operation B-52, in scale. 

Ben,

I disagree with your "larger concerns" take here.

IMO, the major crises of our time are issues like climate change, the proto-fascist, anti-democracy GOP cult centered on Trump, and Putin's war on Ukraine.

RFK, Jr.  has a good track record on environmental issues, but where does he stand on GOP voter suppression, anti-Woke-ism, Trump-ism, and Putin-ism?

These are questions that progressive journalists like Russ Baker and Naomi Klein are asking.

It's specious to dismiss them as "hit pieces."

Also, Jim D. asked what Russ Baker's article has to do with JFK, but we could ask the same question about the daily pro-RFK threads on this board.

56 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

I think Russ Baker who is otherwise a good journalist is suffering form RFK Jr. derangement syndrome and beginning to resemble Capt Ahab when it comes to RFK Jr. I could understand one article but 5?  

Yes, I agree.  And why he is ignoring the JFK and RFK cases is truly astounding.

7 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

I think Russ Baker who is otherwise a good journalist is suffering form RFK Jr. derangement syndrome and beginning to resemble Capt Ahab when it comes to RFK Jr. I could understand one article but 5?  

Ad hominem jargon.  You ducked Baker's critique of RFK, Jr.'s dubious policy positions.

Meanwhile, I notice that RFK, Jr.'s fan club on the forum is comprised of the same people who have tended to reference Tucker Carlson, 

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Yes, I agree.  And why he is ignoring the JFK and RFK cases is truly astounding.

Jim,

Russ Baker has published a number of articles on the JFK assassination at Who What Why.  I don't recall off hand whether he reviewed A Lie Too Big to Fail.

As for Family of Secrets, you made a number of valid points in your review of the book, especially the relative neglect of GHWB'S October Surprise and Iran-Contra history.

But you overlooked some nuances in Baker's coverage of GHWB's history on 11/22/63.

For example, to whom was Barbara Bush's bizarre, formal letter "to her family" about 11/22/63 addressed?  How old was Jeb Bush on 11/22/63?

In any case, no less an historian and intellectual than Gore Vidal had high praise for Family of Secrets.

As for our Fox News liaison Larry Schnapf's comment that Baker is suffering from "RFK Jr. derangement syndrome," it's a vacuous ad hominem slur that glosses over Baker's accurate critique of some of RFK, Jr.'s questionable judgments.  And Baker's series about RFK, Jr. originated as a response to his readers who support RFK, Jr.

Schnapf's comment reminds me of the Fox/MAGA habit of dismissing substantial criticisms of Donald Trump as "Trump Derangement Syndrome."

Baker's series on RFK Jr amounts to a 21st century reputation assassination. 

@W. Niederhut and yes- my reference to Russ' RFK Jr derangement syndrome was intentional. Baker's critiques are based on biased views.

and I seem to remember you declined to listen to RFK Jr's 3-hour discussion of his views on vaccination. you and Baker would benefit from learning what his real views are and why he believes them.

Biden is a tool of the military-intelligence industrial complex and is running an undeclared proxy war in Ukraine. Re-elect him and we will end up with another Vietnam.  

19 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

Baker's series on RFK Jr amounts to a 21st century reputation assassination. 

@W. Niederhut and yes- my reference to Russ' RFK Jr derangement syndrome was intentional. Baker's critiques are based on biased views.

and I seem to remember you declined to listen to RFK Jr's 3-hour discussion of his views on vaccination. you and Baker would benefit from learning what his real views are and why he believes them.

Biden is a tool of the military-intelligence industrial complex and is running an undeclared proxy war in Ukraine. Re-elect him and we will end up with another Vietnam.  

Larry,

I take it that you support RFK, Jr.'s continued promotion of the debunked claim that vaccines cause autism?

Do you also agree with RFK, Jr.'s claim that antidepressants are responsible for America's epidemic of gun homicides?  

What are your thoughts about Russ Baker's specific critique of RFK, Jr.'s position on Putin's brutal invasion of Ukraine?  Should we let the Little Dictator subjugate a sovereign nation and ship citizens and opposition leaders to his Gulag?

Do you have a similar opinion about the impropriety of Western intervention following Hitler's invasion of Poland in 1939?  And, if not, why not?  Explain.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

Biden is a tool of the military-intelligence industrial complex and is running an undeclared proxy war in Ukraine.

Haha that's funny.

Putin invaded Ukraine. The war there would be over tomorrow if he left.

Steve Bannon was encouraging RFK Jr. to run?

Steve Bannon?

No brainer there.

Bannon wants a third party candidate to run that will divide the Democratic vote.

RFK Jr. wouldn't get one Republican vote...but he would draw away millions of Democratic party voters.

Kind of a reverse Ross Perot kind of thing.

@Matt Allison just like if the north vietnamese had left but they didnt and it tore our country apart. Putin wont either. we should let Putin keep his sliver of Ukraine and stop bleeding our Treasury. we have problems at home that need to be fixed.  

@W. Niederhut i am now supporting RFK Jr. just sent his campaign a big check. I worked on George McGovern's campaign when i was in college so my views are consistent.  I  think we have given enough support to Ukraine. It's time to stop draining our treasury and arms but force a settlement. let Putin keep his sliver of Ukraine.

As for Chamberlain, he had no choice. the British peope were not prepared to go to war so the Munich agreement was his only option. did you see Munich: The Edge of War?  (https://www.netflix.com/title/81144852). interesting perspective on Chamberlain's political reality.