RK Jr.              17

WILLIAMSON   5            

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Bullshed.

Do immigrant workers depress the wages of native workers?

https://wol.iza.org/articles/do-immigrant-workers-depress-the-wages-of-native-workers/long

Politicians, the media, and the public express concern that immigrants depress wages by competing with native workers, but 30 years of empirical research provide little supporting evidence to this claim. Most studies for industrialized countries have found no effect on wages, on average, and only modest effects on wage differentials between more and less educated immigrant and native workers. Native workers’ wages have been insulated by differences in skills, adjustments in local demand and technology, production expansion, and specialization of native workers as immigration rises.

No, that’s why the Goddess invented tarot cards.

And what impact on the cost of food?

I didn’t say anything like that.  I asked to see if you would be willing to do back breaking work for any amount of money.

Would it kill you to research the nonsense you spew about Trump’s immigration policies?

I’m not part of that “community.”  I just post here.

I’m part of the Vincent Salandria School of Research into the Obvious.

I think the JFK Critical Community is the Gang That Couldn’t Research Straight.

I try to keep a leash on my contempt...

Actually, I own a farm in SE Asia (well my ex-wife does) and I work on it every day. Even at my age, which close to that of RFK Jr., though below that of Biden. 

Verily, if labor markets tighten up in the US and farm workers make more money (along with everyone else in the bottom half of the labor force), that is the quickest route to socio-economic justice possible. 

That is why Cesar Chavez wanted to seal off the border. 

I am sorry you might have to pay more for blueberries in your yogurt. 

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/southwest-land-border-encounters

This data, from the official US Customs and Border protection website shows border encounters up five- and ten-fold since 2020. 

That strongly suggests lax enforcement has triggered a very large increase in illegal attempted border crossings. 

As RFK Jr. said, a chaotic hellish border situation, controlled by cartels and rapists, who have moved from drug smuggling to human transport.  

Biden and DC (both parties) should make the border a priority. They won't, as they want chap labor in the US. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Actually, I own a farm in SE Asia (well my ex-wife does) and I work on it every day. Even at my age, which close to that of RFK Jr., though below that of Biden. 

I worked for a Fort Myers, FL juice shop in the winter of ‘73 — picked a lot of oranges for a buck an hour.  Hard work not many natives make a career.

Verily, if labor markets tighten up in the US and farm workers make more money

What farm workers?  You brought illegal immigration to “nil” in this scenario, remember?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/06/21/florida-immigration-law-business-owners-fear-exodus-of-workers-construction-landscaping/70341632007/

https://wusfnews.wuss.usf.edu/politics-issues/2023-06-29/ramifications-harsh-anti-immigration-laws-effect-saturday-felt

(along with everyone else in the bottom half of the labor force), that is the quickest route to socio-economic justice possible. 

That is why Cesar Chavez wanted to seal off the border. 

Your challenge here, Ben, is that you don’t know wtf you’re talking about.

Confronting Cesar Chavez's Stance On Illegal Immigration

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cesar-chavez-illegal-immigration_n_5065654

While Cesar Chavez has become one of the most iconic Latino civil rights leaders in U.S. history, his stance on the issue of illegal immigration didn't always reflect the dominant attitude among today's Hispanics. 

As a union organizer, Chavez worried that that employers would recruit undocumented immigrants to break strikes. By the 1980s, however, Chavez had become a supporter of immigration reform and backed the 1986 bill signed by President Ronald Reagan that legalized the status of nearly 3 million people.

I am sorry you might have to pay more for blueberries in your yogurt. 

What blueberries?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

31 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I worked for a Fort Myers, FL juice shop in the winter of ‘73 — picked a lot of oranges for a buck an hour.  Hard work not many natives make a career.

What farm workers?  You brought illegal immigration to “nil” in this scenario, remember?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/06/21/florida-immigration-law-business-owners-fear-exodus-of-workers-construction-landscaping/70341632007/

https://wusfnews.wuss.usf.edu/politics-issues/2023-06-29/ramifications-harsh-anti-immigration-laws-effect-saturday-felt

Your challenge here, Ben, is that you don’t know wtf you’re talking about.

Confronting Cesar Chavez's Stance On Illegal Immigration

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cesar-chavez-illegal-immigration_n_5065654

While Cesar Chavez has become one of the most iconic Latino civil rights leaders in U.S. history, his stance on the issue of illegal immigration didn't always reflect the dominant attitude among today's Hispanics. 

As a union organizer, Chavez worried that that employers would recruit undocumented immigrants to break strikes. By the 1980s, however, Chavez had become a supporter of immigration reform and backed the 1986 bill signed by President Ronald Reagan that legalized the status of nearly 3 million people.

What blueberries?

"Whose gonna pick the blueberries I put in my yogurt?  You?"---CV

I guess you are having short-term memory loss. That's OK. Click back to your previous posts. You posed the question not me. 

But I salute you as the modern Donkette personified. 

We need cheap illegal and exploited labor in America to hold down the cost of blueberries in San Francisco resident Cliff Varnell's yogurt. 

Priorities! 

I gather most modern-day Donkettes think like you. 

Most likely, I will cast my vote for RFK Jr. 

I guess you are having short-term memory loss. That's OK. Click back to your previous posts. You posed the question not me. 

Oh, that went over your head?  My bad.  I meant to imply the blueberries would rot in the field.

But I salute you as the modern Donkette personified. 

Making a face isn’t making an argument,

We need cheap illegal and exploited labor in America to hold down the cost of blueberries in San Francisco resident Cliff Varnell's yogurt. 

The exploitation is due to their status as “illegal” — they should be given fast tracks to citizenship, union membership, benefits.

Priorities! 

I gather most modern-day Donkettes think like you. 

You’re big on formulaic thinking, I see.

11 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Oh, that went over your head?  My bad.  I meant to imply the blueberries would rot in the field.

Making a face isn’t making an argument,

The exploitation is due to their status as “illegal” — they should be given fast tracks to citizenship, union membership, benefits.

You’re big on formulaic thinking, I see.

To answer your earnest question, I hope someone making $20 an hour with universal health insurance. 

A living wage. A wage impossible if over-abundant illegal cheap labor is on the market. 

I support legal migration. 

Not the hell-zone Biden policies have created at the border. 

Just shut up and vote for RFK Jr. You might have to sub cranberries into your yogurt.

A sacrifice, but take a bullet for the cause. 

To answer your earnest question, I hope someone making $20 an hour with universal health insurance. 

And you think there’s 3 million natives who are going to make that a career.

A living wage. A wage impossible if over-abundant illegal cheap labor is on the market. 

That cheap labor is all there is.  Stop them at the border and crops rot in the field.

I support legal migration. 

Then make them all legal!  Make it easy for southern immigration now like the Irish a couple of centuries ago or so.

Not the hell-zone Biden policies have created at the border. 

Title 42 was a Trump policy that created hell on the border.  When Biden lifted it illegal border crossing dropped 70%.

Just shut up and vote for RFK Jr. You might have to sub cranberries into your yogurt.

A sacrifice, but take a bullet for the cause. 

I don’t subscribe to your cause.  I think it’s silly.

Review your JFK Revisited, 26 to 32 minute mark iirc.  JFK had a shallow wound to the right of T3 and an entrance wound in his throat.

Two shallow wounds in soft tissue.  

What kind of firearm leaves a shallow wound in soft tissue?  Nothing you can buy in a gun store.

36 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

And you think there’s 3 million natives who are going to make that a career.

That cheap labor is all there is.  Stop them at the border and crops rot in the field.

Then make them all legal!  Make it easy for southern immigration now like the Irish a couple of centuries ago or so.

Title 42 was a Trump policy that created hell on the border.  When Biden lifted it illegal border crossing dropped 70%.

I don’t subscribe to your cause.  I think it’s silly.

Review your JFK Revisited, 26 to 32 minute mark iirc.  JFK had a shallow wound to the right of T3 and an entrance wound in his throat.

Two shallow wounds in soft tissue.  

What kind of firearm leaves a shallow wound in soft tissue?  Nothing you can buy in a gun store.

Hooray for dissipating bullets! 

No bullet ever leaves a shallow wound? They say JBC's leg wound was shallow. 

How about a defective discharge, and a shallow wound...then pre-autopsy the bullet is extracted, as it was not a Western Cartridge slug...

Just a thought. As Cap'n Kirk says, "Just IMHO, and deflector shields up!" 

Hooray for dissipating bullets! 

No bullet ever leaves a shallow wound? They say JBC's leg wound was shallow. 

They say it deflected.

How about a defective discharge, and a shallow wound...

Two short loads?  They would have to aim way over his head —twice.

then pre-autopsy the bullet is extracted, as it was not a Western Cartridge slug...

See above.  No way those were short loads.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

21 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

They say it deflected.

Two short loads?  They would have to aim way over his head —twice.

See above.  No way those were short loads.

Dissipating bullets. OK you have the last word. 

58 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The autopsists have the last word.  It was their idea.

Extra-special for our blueberry-studded, yogurt-imbibing bullet expert:

Pneumatic gun, but shot at rather short range. 

However, the use of pneumatic guns, which are generally quiet (this guy has a budget rig), is interesting. 

I think there may be some problems with the physics of shooting a light projectile, but say a quarter-inch in diameter, 75 yards.  Then the light bullet has to penetrate through a coat and shirt, and go two inches deep (in your version of events).

The special CIA gun used very small projectiles. 

But hey, maybe you will enjoy the video. 

Extra-special for our blueberry-studded, yogurt-imbibing bullet expert:

The short load scenario has been discussed at length on the EF.

Pneumatic gun, but shot at rather short range. 

However, the use of pneumatic guns, which are generally quiet (this guy has a budget rig), is interesting. 

I think there may be some problems with the physics of shooting a light projectile, but say a quarter-inch in diameter, 75 yards. 

Problem overcome by making a heavier round.  The MKNAOMI rounds had a 100 yard range.

Then the light bullet has to penetrate through a coat and shirt, and go two inches deep (in your version of events).

Not my version of events.  Why people can’t wrap their head around that mystifies me.

The special CIA gun used very small projectiles. 

There was a variety of delivery systems.  Depended on the requirements of specific operations.  Most required the “dog gun” with smaller rounds.  

But hey, maybe you will enjoy the video. 

Enjoyable.  Thanks.

Edited by Cliff Varnell