The Education Forum

The Kennedys v The Deep State

14 minutes ago, Paul Rigby said:

Oh, not even...

People forget iconic farm worker hero Cesar Chavez...was against illegal immigration. 

Chavez actually took some guys down to the border himself to try to seal off a portion. Now you are a Minuteman if you do that. 

US Hispanics often poll they want the border sealed. 

Somehow, in a merging of Manhattan elitism and an ID-politics fetish, the Donks decided a wide-open border was good. 

RFK's comments regarding the border in the video linked to above are astonishing. Biden has been derelict in his duties. 

There was also a time when the American left thought the intel state was the fascist element in the US governance, not populists. 

Maybe RFK Jr. can save the Donks. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we eventually decide to judge the man on his character. 

Edited by Paul Brancato

6 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Oh, not even...

People forget iconic farm worker hero Cesar Chavez...was against illegal immigration. 

Chavez actually took some guys down to the border himself to try to seal off a portion. Now you are a Minuteman if you do that. 

US Hispanics often poll they want the border sealed. 

Somehow, in a merging of Manhattan elitism and an ID-politics fetish, the Donks decided a wide-open border was good. 

RFK's comments regarding the border in the video linked to above are astonishing. Biden has been derelict in his duties. 

There was also a time when the American left thought the intel state was the fascist element in the US governance, not populists. 

Maybe RFK Jr. can save the Donks. 

Get a clue, Ben.

Who sabotaged the comprehensive, bipartisan Senate immigration reform bill that forced Obama to issue an Executive order on DACA?

What happened after America's worst President, Donald Trump, impulsively abrogated the DACA order on the grounds that his Koch/GOP Congress would pass the necessary legislative reform?  They never did.

Trump and your crooked GOP plutocrats have been too invested in using border xenophobia to rile up their base to focus on constructive immigration reform.  And you drank the MAGA Koolaid, as always.

Do you really think that Cesar Chavez, Corky Gonzalez, et.al., would have approved of the way Donald Trump and his abjectly racist advisor, Stephen Miller, handled DACA, while separating kids from their parents, and putting in kids in cages at the border?

Do you think Chavez would have approved of Trump's multi-billion dollar border wall boondoggle?

Again, get a clue.

8 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Get a clue, Ben.

Who sabotaged the comprehensive, bipartisan Senate immigration reform bill that forced Obama to issue an Executive order on DACA?

What happened after America's worst President, Donald Trump, impulsively abrogated the DACA order on the grounds that his Koch/GOP Congress would pass the necessary legislative reform?  They never did.

Trump and your crooked GOP plutocrats have been too invested in using border xenophobia to rile up their base to focus on constructive immigration reform.  And you drank the MAGA Koolaid, as always.

Do you really think that Cesar Chavez, Corky Gonzalez, et.al., would have approved of the way Donald Trump and his abjectly racist advisor, Stephen Miller, handled DACA, while separating kids from their parents, and putting in kids in cages at the border?

Do you think Chavez would have approved of Trump's multi-billion dollar border wall boondoggle?

Again, get a clue.

RFK Jr. is largely endorsing Trump policies regarding the southern border, after RFK Jr. personally visited the border and drew his own conclusion. 

I concur with RFK Jr. on this issue. 

The clip below is worth a watch. Perhaps you will gain a better understanding of the issue. 

I continue to consider RFK Jr to be head and shoulders above other candidates for the office. 

Between Trump and Biden...I would not vote for either. I do not know why anybody would. 

I thought there were 330 million Americans...this is the best the two major parties can bring?

If You're Not With Us, You're MAGA

All but a few are deplorable now. 

JUN 29

PREVIEW

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FNote

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama  

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. had a town hall last night. In it, he was asked about Donald Trump, and said he was “proud that President Trump likes me.” Guess what all of the headlines are about this morning. 

---30---

Call me MAGA! 

Shocker.  My questions and points (above) about the GOP sabotage of immigration reform, and strategic Republicon fear-mongering about the border, sailed right over Ben Cole's head.  Good old Ben-- the J6 coup denier.

Trying to discuss history and policy issues with Ben is like trying to converse with a television tuned to Fox News.

And, speaking of Fox, it looks like Rupert Murdoch's Fox News-promoted candidate, RFK, Jr., doesn't plan to endorse the 2024 Democratic Party nominee for the Presidency.  Terrific.   🙄

This confirms my suspicion that Murdoch has been fluffing RFK, Jr. in order to undermine Joe Biden and put another tax-cutting Republican plutocrat back in the White House in 2025.

RFK Jr won't commit to backing eventual Dem nominee: 'Of course I’m not going to do that' | Fox News

RFK, Jr. is also, apparently, imitating Mike Pence and the cowardly Congressional MAGAts by declining to condemn Donald Trump's serious crimes against democracy and the American people.

It's unconscionable.  Democracy is betrayed by such silence.

My question.  Which side is RFK, Jr. on?

24 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Shocker.  My questions and points (above) about the GOP sabotage of immigration reform, and strategic Republicon fear-mongering about the border, sailed right over Ben Cole's head.  Good old Ben-- the J6 coup denier.

Trying to discuss history and policy issues with Ben is like trying to converse with a television tuned to Fox News.

And, speaking of Fox, it looks like Rupert Murdoch's Fox News-promoted candidate, RFK, Jr., doesn't plan to endorse the 2024 Democratic Party nominee for the Presidency.  Terrific.   🙄

This confirms my suspicion that Murdoch has been fluffing RFK, Jr. in order to undermine Joe Biden and put another tax-cutting Republican plutocrat back in the White House in 2025.

RFK Jr won't commit to backing eventual Dem nominee: 'Of course I’m not going to do that' | Fox News

RFK, Jr. is also, apparently, imitating Mike Pence and the cowardly Congressional MAGAts by declining to condemn Donald Trump's serious crimes against democracy and the American people.

It's unconscionable.  Democracy is betrayed by such silence.

My question.  Which side is RFK, Jr. on?

WN-

Are there any Donk-state-media talking points to which you are opposed?

Have you carved out any positions on major public policy issues in contrast to Donk-media talking points? 

Please advise. 

From my perspective, you repeat Donk-media talking points mindlessly, with no independent thought or critical thinking, but heavily scented with bile. 

Your response will be to denigrate people who try to think independently, including me, as  "MAGAts" and so on. 

For the EF-JFKA, there remains Issue No. 1: RFK Jr. would open up the JFK Records, while President BIden has done a snuff job on the JFK Records. 

Surely, people should be able to participate in the EF-JFKA, who support RFK Jr., without being denigrated by other members. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

RFK Jr. is largely endorsing Trump policies regarding the southern border, after RFK Jr. personally visited the border and drew his own conclusion. 

I concur with RFK Jr. on this issue. 

The interviewer said there was “a massive humanitarian crisis” at the southern border.

Is that true?

Unlawful southern border entries down 70% from record highs since end of Title 42

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/unlawful-southern-border-entries-70-record-highs-end/story?id=99868336

RFKjr said he only saw two families from Latin America — the rest were from Africa and Central Asia. 

Is that true as a whole?

https://www.wola.org/2022/11/migration-country-by-country-at-the-u-s-mexico-border/

Ben, you praise Trump immigration policies.  What about this do you approve?

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Between Trump and Biden...I would not vote for either. I do not know why anybody would. 

Only if you’re politically savvy enough to understand that, of the three branches of gov’t, the judiciary has far more impact on people’s lives than the other two combined.

For me, the Supreme Court is always a reason to vote Quarter Loaf Blue.  If the Trumpers on this court reverse precedent and strike down rent control I’m screwed.  

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Only if you’re politically savvy enough to understand that, of the three branches of gov’t, the judiciary has far more impact on people’s lives than the other two combined.

For me, the Supreme Court is always a reason to vote Quarter Loaf Blue.  If the Trumpers on this court reverse precedent and strike down rent control I’m screwed.  

I hope the Supreme Court carves out a special exception for Cliff Varnell. You should be grandfathered in, in perpetuity. 

Seriously, unless the SC gets rid of property zoning first (which limits supply) for a 10-year period, I hope the SC supports rent control. 

2 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The interviewer said there was “a massive humanitarian crisis” at the southern border.

Is that true?

Unlawful southern border entries down 70% from record highs since end of Title 42

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/unlawful-southern-border-entries-70-record-highs-end/story?id=99868336

RFKjr said he only saw two families from Latin America — the rest were from Africa and Central Asia. 

Is that true as a whole?

https://www.wola.org/2022/11/migration-country-by-country-at-the-u-s-mexico-border/

Ben, you praise Trump immigration policies.  What about this do you approve?

I support the general idea that the southern border should be fortified to the point that illegal crossing is reduced to nil. Then cartels, or US cheap-labor exploiters (and mules who rape women as condition of transport) will be put out of business. 

We might even ponder securing US borders, before securing the Ukrainian border. 

RFK Jr. has a better feel for the problem than President Biden, who has lost control of the situation. I suspect Biden is unable to grasp what is going on. 

I have a friend in McAllen Texas, and another Port Arthur. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I support the general idea that the southern border should be fortified to the point that illegal crossing is reduced to nil.

Reducing California agriculture to nil?

Then cartels, or US cheap-labor exploiters (and mules who rape women as condition of transport) will be put out of business. 

Those cartels exist due the American appetite for getting loaded and the American prohibitions against that appetite.  The American people need to hold themselves accountable.  People fleeing cartel violence should be welcomed with open arms

I take it you’re not a big fan of that Statue of Liberty jazz about Give Us Your Huddled Masses.

We might even ponder securing US borders, before securing the Ukrainian border. 

Whose gonna pick the blueberries I put in my yogurt?  You?

RFK Jr. has a better feel for the problem than President Biden, who has lost control of the situation. I suspect Biden is unable to grasp what is going on. 

And yet when the Trump policy Title 42 was rescinded by Biden last month the illegal border crossings dropped 70%.  Not that you’d ever give that guy credit for anything.

26 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Reducing California agriculture to nil?

Those cartels exist due the American appetite for getting loaded and the American prohibitions against that appetite.  The American people need to hold themselves accountable.  People fleeing cartel violence should be welcomed with open arms

I take it you’re not a big fan of that Statue of Liberty jazz about Give Us Your Huddled Masses.

Whose gonna pick the blueberries I put in my yogurt?  You?

And yet when the Trump policy Title 42 was rescinded by Biden last month the illegal border crossings dropped 70%.  Not that you’d ever give that guy credit for anything.

Wages will rise in the US, if the flow of cheap labor is cut off---ask Cesar Chavez (well, if you believe in seances, and you probably do, as you live in SF).

People will work on farms if the pay is high enough. That is called supply and demand. 

When an SF Donk snivels about blueberries in his yogurt as a reason to vote against RFK Jr., I think we have reached the new true soul of the Donkettes. 

The new Donkette motto should be: "Why should non-white SF transexuals have to pay more for blueberried yogurt, just so some farm workers can make a living wage? That is an outrage!" 

I still hope you are protected in the your rent-controlled unit for as long as you wish.

We need one voice for dissipating bullets in the EF-JFKA community. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

Wages will rise in the US, if the flow of cheap labor is cut off---ask Cesar Chavez

Bullshed.

Do immigrant workers depress the wages of native workers?

https://wol.iza.org/articles/do-immigrant-workers-depress-the-wages-of-native-workers/long

Politicians, the media, and the public express concern that immigrants depress wages by competing with native workers, but 30 years of empirical research provide little supporting evidence to this claim. Most studies for industrialized countries have found no effect on wages, on average, and only modest effects on wage differentials between more and less educated immigrant and native workers. Native workers’ wages have been insulated by differences in skills, adjustments in local demand and technology, production expansion, and specialization of native workers as immigration rises.

(well, if you believe in seances, and you probably do, as you live in SF).

No, that’s why the Goddess invented tarot cards.

People will work on farms if the pay is high enough. That is called supply and demand. 

And what impact on the cost of food?

When an SF Donk snivels about blueberries in his yogurt as a reason to vote against RFK Jr., I think we have reached the new true soul of the Donkettes. 

I didn’t say anything like that.  I asked to see if you would be willing to do back breaking work for any amount of money.

I think the argument should be framed thusly: "Why should non-white SF transexuals have to pay more for blueberried yogurt, just so some farm workers can make a living wage? That is an outrage!" 

Would it kill you to research the nonsense you spew about Trump’s immigration policies?

I still hope you are protected in the your rent-controlled unit for as long as you wish.

We need one voice for dissipating bullets in the EF-JFKA community. 

I’m not part of that “community.”  I just post here.

I’m part of the Vincent Salandria School of Research into the Obvious.

I think the JFK Critical Community is the Gang That Couldn’t Research Straight.

I try to keep a leash on my contempt...

Edited by Cliff Varnell