The Education Forum

Burt Griffin's New Book, Dale Myers' Blog

From the latest Dale Myers blog:

http://jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2023/07/jfk-oswald-and-ruby.html

I especially liked this part from the Preface of Judge Burt Griffin's book...

"JFK, Oswald and Ruby: Politics, Prejudice and Truth sends this message: Oswald and Ruby were lone killers. There is no evidence of a conspirator. Historians and students of history should cease being criminal investigators. They should focus on the super-abundance of evidence as to why Oswald and Ruby committed political murders, the political and social environment as they saw it, and how the public’s knowledge of the lives of Oswald and Ruby may prevent history from repeating itself. They should ignore the political world that fascinates conspiracy theorists."

Edited by Bill Brown

5 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

"JFK, Oswald and Ruby: Politics, Prejudice and Truth sends this message: Oswald and Ruby were lone killers. There is no evidence of a conspirator. Historians and students of history should cease being criminal investigators. They should focus on the super-abundance of evidence as to why Oswald and Ruby committed political murders, the political and social environment as they saw it, and how the public’s knowledge of the lives of Oswald and Ruby may prevent history from repeating itself. They should ignore the political world that fascinates conspiracy theorists."

That's fine, and their opinion.

The HSCA in 1979 officially concluded there likely had been a JFKA conspiracy.

The HSCA was hamstrung, but pretty major investigation. 

The HSCA was not a bunch of lulus, or conspiracy nuts. It was a serious effort. 

For reference, there is "history", which is written and formally accepted in what we used to call "establishment" (i.e. textbook) views of events,  then there is "historiography" a separate discipline which inquires into how official history gets written:

"History is the event or period and the study of it. Historiography is the study of how history was written, who wrote it, and what factors influenced how it was written."

As an example we have the establishment view of the Bay of Pigs as briefly described in history books and the media...but based on research and investigations we know that official history was manipulated by the CIA and its media outlets to shift the blame to JFK and that events in the real world were entirely different - but we know that only thorough extensive inquiry  and historical research including document collection.

I think its fair to say that the establishment view of the JFK assassination also deserves historical research and investigation rather than simply being repeated as fact.

I even recall my professor in a graduate historiography class cautioning us always to use multiple sources and to question not only the quality but the context and "intent" of previous official histories - but of course that as in the 60s. 

18 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

So the judge wants us to ignore the malfeasance displayed by law enforcement in the aftermath of the JFKA. Sure thing, Judge.

9 hours ago, Steve Roe said:

Wow, these Kiddie memes are so cute! 

It's amazing what you can do on your mom's computer. 

Maybe you guys should take them to school tomorrow and show your 6th grade teachers. 

Maybe you should keep scrolling tough guy.

There are even more problems with Tatum than that video shows.

Jack Myers related some in his long essay on the Tippit case for K and K.

Jack has written an even longer essay on the same subject which we will post soon in three parts.

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

There are even more problems with Tatum than that video shows.

Jack Myers related some in his long essay on the Tippit case for K and K.

Jack has written an even longer essay on the same subject which we will post soon in three parts.

Nonsense.

Jack Myers' article is filled with errors.  I've told you this before.  I can list them if you like.

Edited by Bill Brown

I have an autographed copy of Judge Griffin's book. Over the years, I've had many interesting conversations with him and various aspects of the assassination and the WC. One of the things he told me  was that the WC used Ruth Paine to put guardrails on Marina's testimony. what this means is that they took Paine's testimony to establish the facts about Oswald and then whenever Marina said things that contradicted Paine's testimony, they would use that to pressure Marina to keep her testimony within the facts established by Paine's testimony. This was done allegedly b/c the WC did not trust Marina. But it also could have been used to impose the desired narrative- FWIW  

In fact, the junior counsel included Marina as one of the three witnesses they did not want to use.

The other two being Brennan and Markham.

The other thing valuable about Griffin is his cross of Patrick Dean.  Seth Kantor did a nice job on this.  Griffin thought he was lying, which he was.