The Education Forum

The three tramps mystery

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

If the three people paraded through Dealey Plaza were not Doyle, Abrams and Gedney, any thoughts on who they were?

What happened to their arrest records?

Did they even get arrested?

Were they picked up and let go?

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve, it would appear the Three Tramps are Chauncey Holt, Charles Harrleson and Richard Montoya. Chauncey Holt explains in his book "Self-Portrait of a Scoundrel" of him getting arrested and meeting with Shanklin.

Edited by Paul Cummings

1 hour ago, Michael Crane said:

"This is the kind of post that passes for "debate" on this forum. Pathetic."

Fixed.

Yeah it's pretty pathetic when one of the so called "Tramps" was paid by TV tabloid magazine for his story.

14 minutes ago, Paul Cummings said:

Yeah it's pretty pathetic when one of the so called "Tramps" was paid by TV tabloid magazine for his story.

Two of them did, I think extra or hard copy covered it when Bill O'Reily was there. A husband a wife duo the LaFontaines wrote a book about this and in their book they do an interview with one of the two surviving tramps and he told them that Oswald talked to him while in custody and said that he was investigating gun runners. I think the book was called Oswald Talked. 

Six tramps if you believe AJ Weberman.  Two sets of three.  One set arrested around 1:00 in a box car behind the TSBD.  Then when RR operations resumed around 2:00 - 2:30 a train leaving the yard headed east over the triple underpass was observed by Lee Bowers to have three men climb on from the South Knoll of Dealy Plaza.  He alerted police, stopped the train.  They found three tramps hiding in grain cars.  They were walked back to the sheriff's office.  Officers complaint's of the long walk quoted.  Records of the arrest. 

Something developed about this regarding the shadows of those in the pictures at 1:00 vs 3:00.

All on a website advertising The Oswald Code.  But not in the book. 

On 5/14/2023 at 3:41 PM, Jonathan Cohen said:

So the Dallas Police just made up fake identities for the three tramps 29 years after the assassination and conspired with their very real families to lie about what happened in Dealey Plaza, then allowed those families, and the tramps themselves, to give television interviews? 

What's the problem? It makes perfect sense. You need to get with the program. You've been pouring your paranoia Kool-Aid down the sink, haven't you?

What about the man walking by the three tramps? Huh? Isn't he obviously Edward Lansdale? I know you can't see his face, but Fletcher Prouty, the paragon of credibility, insisted that he recognized the man's back as Lansdale's back (well, until he was asked about it by the ARRB anyway). And just never you mind that the man is wearing a ring and that Lansdale's son said he never wore rings (clearly, his son was covering up on orders from the CIA). 

Just because Prouty spoke at a Holocaust-denial conference, praised the work of the Holocaust-denying IHR, recommended the anti-Semitic newspaper The Spotlight, questioned the wisdom of allowing Jewish sergeants to operate targeting computers during combat operations, appeared on an anti-Semitic radio show 10 times in four years, and said he was "no authority in that area" when asked about Holocaust denial--these things don't mean we shouldn't trust his "remarkable" research on the JFK case. 

On 5/14/2023 at 6:42 PM, Matthew Koch said:

Two of them did, I think extra or hard copy covered it when Bill O'Reily was there. A husband a wife duo the LaFontaines wrote a book about this and in their book they do an interview with one of the two surviving tramps and he told them that Oswald talked to him while in custody and said that he was investigating gun runners. I think the book was called Oswald Talked. 

It's laughable to believe that Oswald would have been placed in a cell with (or alongside) other prisoners where he could have "talked" to them at all.

The testimonial record tells you that Oswald was completely segregated.

On 5/15/2023 at 7:12 AM, Paul Cummings said:

How did the Lafontaines prove Gibson was wrong?

By finding the arrest records of the tramps.

On 5/15/2023 at 7:12 AM, Paul Cummings said:

What overwhelming evidence? 

You mean besides the arrest records, the contemporary photo matches, and the face-to-face interviews?

Just stop, please.

11 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

By finding the arrest records of the tramps.

You mean besides the arrest records, the contemporary photo matches, and the face-to-face interviews?

Just stop, please.

So they had photos of the Tramps in the Dallas jail? Again I will take an EXPERT who did this for a career and is recognized in her field. She staked her reputation on identifying Chauncey Holt and she did it.

Edited by Paul Cummings

On 5/14/2023 at 7:11 AM, Steve Thomas said:

Notice how in this picture, Marvin Wise is in front and Bll Bass is in the rear. On a picture taken just momutes later, Bass is in front and Wise is in the rear. Bass has noticeably straightened up his act and his hat is “squared away”. When did they change places?

Notice how the shadows are extreme for 1:00 in the afternoon.

10 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

You mean the same guy who used to dig through Bob Dylan's trash looking for proof of his loony theories?

Yeah.  I didn't say I believed it.  I once found Coup D Etat in America intriguing as the first book I read on CIA involvement.  I think that was mainly due to Canfield.  

The website documentation and story on the apprehension of three more tramps was intriguing as well.  But it wasn't there in the book.

Then again, with a grain of salt the whole time, I once found James Files intriguing. 

Both books are in the to be disposed of box now.

Edited by Ron Bulman

On 5/16/2023 at 11:37 AM, Bill Brown said:

It's laughable to believe that Oswald would have been placed in a cell with (or alongside) other prisoners where he could have "talked" to them at all.

The testimonial record tells you that Oswald was completely segregated.