The Education Forum

LHO lookalikes? Come on! Stop the nonsense.

4 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Belinda Carlisle.   The Go Gos were huge showing ladies could rock.  

Good one.  Cyndi Lauper is another.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/9/2024 at 12:54 PM, Sean Coleman said:

Debbie Harry, 1977, Heart of glass video, shimmering dress…..man, I woke up…

I was 10 at the time….

Miley does Debbie — smoke show!

19 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Your first post said the 21st century, but since you and Sean hijacked the thread and we're beyond that . . .  You mentioned Dolly and I thought, country.  No, she crossed the line to pop years ago.  Same for some regarding soul, they had pop hits.  Then you mentioned Emmy Lou Harris, country again for me at least.  Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt have a little of it too.  

If we go all the way back to the 1960's to ladies who had songs appreciated by a wider audience, I'd start with these.  Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette.  Several since.  Today, like her or not, we have to include Reba in the crossover to pop.  She does have an impressive vocal range imho.

On the Country tip...K. D. Lang.

Let's not forget one of my favorite female rock 'n roll guitarist/songwriters of the past half century...

BTW, this is one of the first rock videos I ever saw-- at a club in Greenwich Village-- in the immediate pre-MTV era.

I saw the Pretenders live at Red Rocks a few years later.   In 1984 (?)

Edited by W. Niederhut

5 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

On the Country tip...K. D. Lang.

K D actually made it onto the country charts with this one many years ago, top 20 maybe even 10.

On 2/8/2024 at 9:00 AM, Ed Moninger said:

I am pleased to report that a dues-paying Forum member spotted the “look-alike” first.  I posted this on Twitter two weeks ago:

If Purdy boy is Oswald, who is JR? 

BTW, TS landed in LA after Tokyo.  Will she go to Vegas tonight or wait at her LA house until morning?  Too much levity?  Go Chefs/Dallas Texans.

8 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Good one.  Cyndi Lauper is another.

We just got back from the Encore (last night was Caesars Palace) and I can report that capitalism is alive.   We went to Sebastian Maniscalco’s show which was hilarious.  Most restaurants sold out tonight and the rest were two to three hour minimum wait.  Wall to wall people and security everywhere.   Driving was actually not too bad.  

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Let's not forget one of my favorite female rock 'n roll guitarist/songwriters of the past half century...

BTW, this is one of the first rock videos I ever saw-- at a club in Greenwich Village-- in the immediate pre-MTV era.

I saw the Pretenders live at Red Rocks a few years later.   In 1984 (?)

Chrissie Hynde!  Good one...

No discussion of Music Goddesses is complete without Cher.

Or Amy Winehouse

Or Wendy O. Williams

1 hour ago, Cory Santos said:

We just got back from the Encore (last night was Caesars Palace) and I can report that capitalism is alive.   We went to Sebastian Maniscalco’s show which was hilarious.  Most restaurants sold out tonight and the rest were two to three hour minimum wait.  Wall to wall people and security everywhere.   Driving was actually not too bad.  

My 50 yard line lower bowl tickets didn’t show up today, Cory.  What gives?

I for one do not see the resemblance.  Not even close.

21 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I for one do not see the resemblance.  Not even close.

What about Pete Butigieg who could be his twin?   Fact is he has a common look apparently which could cause confusion in identification.