The Education Forum

JFK Revisited: The gift that keeps on giving

After almost two years in DVD and streaming release, JFK Revisited is still number 12 in sales for Amazon documentaries.  Which is something if you know anything about the film business and release patterns.

But beyond that, to show what a world wide reach it has had, a very big broadcast network in Russia is making a documentary on the JFK case.  They were clearly inspired by Oliver's film since they got in contact with me.  And they specifically asked for contact with the following: Aguilar, Mantik, Wecht, and Lisa Pease.

High cotton I think.

In today's world this reaches millions more people than any book ever written.  It gives detail never assembled in this way, statements, testimony, video.  

Kudos to Jim for writing it, getting people together, Oliver for lending his name, resources and clout, and all concerned.

Thanks to you both.

Russia is about 150 million people.  

So this should be good, I hope they send me a copy when done.

Posted (edited)

Dealey Plaza and Oswald framing stuff would be stale to the public by now - and doesn't tantalise the urge for intrigue. It should be about Oswald's defection, Mexico City, Jack Ruby, stuff like that. No Nagell, Prouty, or Cherami please. How many people nowaways are even aware of Jack Ruby's confessions, in public and private? I feel like some of you researchers are so deep in the XXXXX that ya'll forget to cover the basics when presenting to a new audience.

Edited by Micah Mileto

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

Dealey Plaza and Oswald framing stuff would be stale to the public by now - and doesn't tantalise the urge for intrigue. It should be about Oswald's defection, Mexico City, Jack Ruby, stuff like that. No Nagell, Prouty, or Cherami please.

Well, nobody's going to listen to us, but I agree.  Especially from Russia there should be a committed Cold War perspective.  Let somebody remember.

Edited by David Andrews

Posted (edited)

Micah:

JFK Revisited, if you saw it, was about the disclosures of the ARRB.  

That is the reason we made the film since we knew that the vast majority of people  would not even know what the ARRB was, let alone what they did and what was in the declassified files. 

The Gunn/Horne inquiry was a very important milestone, building upon the ARRB disclsures of the HSCA investigation which remained hidden and closed for 15 years. The material Horne and Cheeser talked about concerning JFK's brain was a landmark.  It had never been done on broadcast TV before. And neither had the Aguilar/Mantik/Cheeser discussion of a front shot.  

So now, go ahead and do your Ruby confession, Oswald defection film.  Let me know so I can review it.  But please preface it by saying Ruby was under the control of Jolly West. And then explain who he was.

Edited by James DiEugenio

JFK Revisited is an amazing presentation for both those new to the subject and those who have been researching it for years.  Congrats to Jim and everyone else involved Witt it’s production, it’s well deserved that the film continues to do well.

Regarding the production of a new JFK documentary series in Russia, maybe it will stir up enough interest in that part of the world that the powers-that-be will release the Oswald KGB files that are allegedly still being held in an archive in Minsk.

I think the four hour version is the one to watch and recommend. It covers the whole spectrum. Surprised it did not get some best documentary awards. 

4 hours ago, Dan Katzenberger said:

I think the four hour version is the one to watch and recommend. It covers the whole spectrum. Surprised it did not get some best documentary awards. 

Agreed.

Posted (edited)

Sounds timely. I'm sure it will be used for propaganda purposes to just further divide our peoples. But I'm sure they'll appreciate our candor.

Since Jim has always been such an U.S. MSM  expert.  Maybe Jim if asked to  go to Moscow, can embark on his own project and report in kind on the variety of investigative journalist films about the Russian government corruption there. Maybe ask to see the great plethora of Russian films made about the purges of Stalin. or films from present day anti Putin activists.

As a travel tip, I might suggest declining the isolated  Maga Dacha offered him and get out and see for himself what's going on. And that doesn't mean going to Tucker's high end expensive Moscow grocery store, but maybe he can surreptitiously  get out of Moscow  into the countryside and see how the people live out there.

heh heh

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I'm sure it will be used for propaganda purposes to just further divide our peoples.

That's the first thought I had.  I suppose it will depend on if the film brings the goods or not.

On 5/2/2024 at 8:28 PM, James DiEugenio said:

After almost two years in DVD and streaming release, JFK Revisited is still number 12 in sales for Amazon documentaries.  Which is something if you know anything about the film business and release patterns.

But beyond that, to show what a world wide reach it has had, a very big broadcast network in Russia is making a documentary on the JFK case.  They were clearly inspired by Oliver's film since they got in contact with me.  And they specifically asked for contact with the following: Aguilar, Mantik, Wecht, and Lisa Pease.

High cotton I think.

Congrats Jim. I wonder if they told you what the focus of the documentary will be. Is it focused on the JFK case as a whole or Oswald in particular or perhaps the Russian angle? I know Titovets' book was just released in a Russian language version this past January so that might also have had an impact in terms of interest. And I can tell you, having personally visited the library in MInsk, that few if any, books on the JFK assassination are to be found there. Hopefully that will change soon.