The Education Forum

Apparent assassination attempt on Trump

K K Lane

From AP:

Law enforcement: Bomb making materials found in vehicle, at home of man suspected in Trump rally shooting

Law enforcement officials tell The Associated Press bomb-making materials were found inside the vehicle of the man suspected in the Trump rally shooting. There were also bomb-making materials found at his home. The two officials were not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at the roof snipers, their vests say secret service at the bottom. 

Also, stop calling this dipshit a republican. It’s one thing to be registered with a party, a total other thing to live that parties values. People often register for the opposite party to vote in the primaries to skew the vote. Registered republican doesn’t mean dooky. 

1 minute ago, Ty Carpenter said:

Also, stop calling this dipshit a republican

I'll stop posting the fact he was a registered Republican and certified gun enthusiast just as soon as you post evidence he wasn't. And no sooner.

There's no need to pretend MAGA wasn't hoping he was BLM, "Antifa", or a Dem, as they're already blaming Dems for it despite the known evidence.

"Political violence, or at least the threat of it, is now a constant in American life. Threats of political violence against members of Congress have skyrocketed. The Capitol Police investigated 902 such threats in 2016. That jumped up to 3,939 in 2017, and by 2021, the number was more than 9,600, or 10 times the number from just five years before. Hate crimes in 2022 hit 11,288, which is up from recent years (the number was 7,759 in 2020.) Domestic terrorism is on the rise, with the preponderance coming from the political right; the National Institute of Justice, the research arm of the Department of Justice, reported earlier this year that since 1990, “far-right extremists have committed far more ideologically motivated homicides than far-left or radical Islamist extremists, including 227 events that took more than 520 lives.”"

Whatever was his political  choice, at the age of 20 chances are he found some extremist stuff on the internet, and based it on that. Rather than having actually studied the matter, or his own experience in politics at 20 ?!?  Being good in math doesn´t mean a damn thing. I see no need to label him a true Republican or Democrat or whatever.  Extremists are neither of those. 

45 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I'll stop posting the fact he was a registered Republican and certified gun enthusiast just as soon as you post evidence he wasn't. And no sooner.

There's no need to pretend MAGA wasn't hoping he was BLM, "Antifa", or a Dem, as they're already blaming Dems for it despite the known evidence.

You missed the point. I think it’s apparent he was a registered rep, but did he hold conservative values? I have a hard time believing a republican would shoot the Don.

I'm re-posting this data about political violence in the U.S., and Donald Trump's eight-year history of stochastic terrorism, for the benefit of our European friends, and Americans, who still don't seem to grasp the facts.

People need to educate themselves about the facts, rather than endlessly posting partisan opinions from the mainstream and social media. 

This really isn't about "viewpoints" or mere partisan politics-- although the data illustrates some statistically significant partisan phenomenology.

The data shows clearly that the Republican Party, and Donald Trump, have been heavily-funded by the NRA for years, and have aggressively blocked any Democratic legislative efforts to establish gun control in the U.S.  Trump received $30 million from the NRA in 2016.

Democratic politicians supporting rational gun control in the U.S. have long been aggressively targeted by the NRA.

JJU4ZKLNOZBUJCMH2WUE25KXUE.png

Secondly, statistically, 21st century acts of domestic terrorism in the U.S. have largely been perpetrated by conservative white males.  Trump's own FBI Director Christopher Wray has made this clear in public testimony.

Right-Wing Extremist Terrorism in the United States | ADL

17-THE-MORNING-CHART-articleLarge-v2.png

Thirdly, Donald Trump has repeatedly incited violence against American citizens since 2016-- so-called "stochastic terrorism."  

The times Trump has advocated for violence (axios.com)

'No Blame?' ABC News finds 54 cases invoking 'Trump' in connection with violence, threats, alleged assaults. - ABC News (go.com)

The bloodiest example was the El Paso Walmart Massacre, in which a white Trump supporter massacred Mexican American citizens in an El Paso Walmart in response to Trump's (and Fox News) xenophobic fear-mongering about a Mexican invasion of the U.S. border.

Trump has also called for violence against protesters at his rallies, and he openly mocked Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi after her husband was attacked by a man with a hammer.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF4f9LRPx4_lz8X5LlcAR

Edited by W. Niederhut

16 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:
42 minutes ago, Ty Carpenter said:

I have a hard time believing a republican would shoot the Don.

Why? A person who admired President Kennedy still assassinated him in broad daylight in 1963.

Spoken like a true LNer.

32 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I'm re-posting this data about political violence in the U.S., and Donald Trump's eight-year history of stochastic terrorism, for the benefit of our European friends, and Americans, who still don't seem to grasp the facts.

Yesterday, Trump sadly became a victim of the environment his own MAGA movement initiated.

GSeDoLUXEAAAaXY?format=jpg&name=small