The Education Forum

Morley Revelant Story

Calvin Ye

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

WTP--

A harsh review, but then sometimes there is jaundice in the JFKA/RFK1A research community.  

Side note: For me, the potty-mouthed language always makes the writer/speaker look juvenile.

I guess this is the new norm, but the English language has vast reservoirs of choice expressions and words. 

I enjoyed Backes' review and found it informative. Yes, the potty language should be removed.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben:

When did Oswald ever pull a gun on anyone in public?

Which is what the Soviets said he did in Mexico City.

58 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Ben:

When did Oswald ever pull a gun on anyone in public?

Which is what the Soviets said he did in Mexico City.

JD-

The Russians, all three, said not that LHO pulled a revolver on them, but that he pulled out his gun to show them how frightened he was of US intel agencies, so frightened he was carrying a weapon. They said LHO appeared distraught, not angry at them, and they unloaded his weapon without struggle or incident.  

In the Texas Theater, there are accounts, in fact, that LHO drew his weapon. However, like everything about the JFKA, some dispute those accounts. 

As someone who held a Top Secret/Sensitive Comparted Information (TS/SCI) security clearance for over 20 years until earlier this year, and as someone who spent most of my time working in the secure facilities called SCIFs mentioned in the article, I must say that Morley's whistleblower story does not ring true to me but sounds suspicious and unbelievable, especially since the source claimed they were merely an "authorized visitor." 

I encountered, and occasionally hosted, many authorized visitors over the years in my work at intelligence facilities. I cannot fathom that the CIA would have allowed such a person to even know they had JFK assassination files that included a video related to Oswald in Mexico City, much less let them enter a room where they kept those files, particularly given the claim that such a damning label on a video was visible. That just does not ring true to me at all. It sounds foreign to my decades of experience in the Intelligence Community--in seeing how authorized visitors were hosted and in seeing how sensitive and classified materials were stored.

Also, in all my years working at TS/SCI facilities, I never saw a room guarded by a receptionist or by any other type of person. Authorized guests were always signed in at the main entry point of the facility and then given a visitor badge that identified them as an authorized visitor. 

I find it curious and discrediting that Morley's source said nothing about why they were supposedly allowed to enter this room and to see such sensitive material.

And then there's the whistleblower's claim that months after this alleged visit to a CIA facility, they "inadvertently came across" another CIA document regarding the JFK case. Oh, come on. That sounds beyond wildly implausible to me. I can't imagine a scenario where such a document would be available to be stumbled upon by anybody. I never saw sensitive or classified documents handled in such a way that anyone could "inadvertently come across" them who was not cleared for the program that controlled them. 

The whistleblower's story sounds unbelievable to me from start to finish.

9 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

As someone who held a Top Secret/Sensitive Comparted Information (TS/SCI) security clearance for over 20 years until earlier this year, and as someone who spent most of my time working in the secure facilities called SCIFs mentioned in the article, I must say that Morley's whistleblower story does not ring true to me but sounds suspicious and unbelievable, especially since the source claimed they were merely an "authorized visitor." 

I encountered, and occasionally hosted, many authorized visitors over the years in my work at intelligence facilities. I cannot fathom that the CIA would have allowed such a person to even know they had JFK assassination files that included a video related to Oswald in Mexico City, much less let them enter a room where they kept those files, particularly given the claim that such a damning label on a video was visible. That just does not ring true to me at all. It sounds foreign to my decades of experience in the Intelligence Community--in seeing how authorized visitors were hosted and in seeing how sensitive and classified materials were stored.

Also, in all my years working at TS/SCI facilities, I never saw a room guarded by a receptionist or by any other type of person. Authorized guests were always signed in at the main entry point of the facility and then given a visitor badge that identified them as an authorized visitor. 

I find it curious and discrediting that Morley's source said nothing about why they were supposedly allowed to enter this room and to see such sensitive material.

And then there's the whistleblower's claim that months after this alleged visit to a CIA facility, they "inadvertently came across" another CIA document regarding the JFK case. Oh, come on. That sounds beyond wildly implausible to me. I can't imagine a scenario where such a document would be available to be stumbled upon by anybody. I never saw sensitive or classified documents handled in such a way that anyone could "inadvertently come across" them who was not cleared for the program that controlled them. 

Is it possible Trump, while president, sent a representative down to CIA with the goal of finding out about the JFK assassination and that this representative is the "authorized visitor"?

1 hour ago, Gerry Down said:

Is it possible Trump, while president, sent a representative down to CIA with the goal of finding out about the JFK assassination and that this representative is the "authorized visitor"?

Jefferson quoted the visitor "I wasn't looking for JFK records".

37 minutes ago, David Boylan said:

Jeff gets interviewed - 

At 1 minute 50 Morley says "sources" in referring to his source. Sounds like his source could possibly be more than one person.

The CIA had lots to hide during the hsca, namely their sources and methods in Mexico city, which were not necessarily related to the JFK assassination. This document could simply be praising the CIA officers involved in the hsca investigation for their successful efforts in blocking the hsca from finding out about sources and methods in Mexico city that had nothing to do with the JFK assassination.

Ben the way you phrased that qualifies as a distinction without a difference.

In the Soviet tale, Oswald pulled out a gun and laid it on the table in front of the Russian KGB/DIplomat.

Now when did Oswald ever do that before?

The worst I can think of is pouring a drink on someone in the military.

(BTW, Robert Charles Dunne proved that almost all that stuff about him hitting Marina was manufactured by the White Russians.) 

16 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Michael Griffith, it is wonderful to see you posting again!

A while back you told me that Gen. Edward Lansdale 1) was an admirer of John Kennedy and 2) Lansdale mourned the death of John Kennedy. Could you provide me (us, Education Forum) with any documentation for those claims that you proffered as if knew these two things to be facts?

I, on the other hand, know Gen. Edward Lansdale was enraged over the JFK-approved CIA facilitated coup that removed Diem and I know of no such incident of Gen. Edward Lansdale, who later went to work for LBJ, "mourning" the death of John Kennedy. I happen to think Gen. Edward Lansdale was involved up to his bloody eyeballs in the murder of JFK.

Would you, could you offer some "receipts" aka "documentation" on what you said about Lansdale? Or are you just going to slither away like you did last time when asked to provide documentation/proof of your claims?

Sincerely,

Robert Morrow

21 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Ben the way you phrased that qualifies as a distinction without a difference.

In the Soviet tale, Oswald pulled out a gun and laid it on the table in front of the Russian KGB/DIplomat.

Now when did Oswald ever do that before?

The worst I can think of is pouring a drink on someone in the military.

(BTW, Robert Charles Dunne proved that almost all that stuff about him hitting Marina was manufactured by the White Russians.) 

JD-

I disagree. 

There is a huge difference between "pulling a gun on someone" and LHO "pulled out a gun and laid it on the table in front of the Russian KGB/DIplomat(s)."

The KGB'ers then unloaded the weapon without incident. Whether incident this was "in public" or not, I guess, is a matter of definition. 

Many witnesses say LHO pulled out a revolver inside the Texas Theater. 

In addition, I suspect (without  proof) that LHO participated in the Walker shooting, fired an intentional miss, and not with his Mannlicher-Carcano rifle, but another weapon that fired a 30.06 steel-jacketed bullet. He had confederates, who gave him a ride. I suspect this was a prelude to the JFKA, and LHO's role in it. 

LHO may have participated in military training camps largely populated by Cuban exiles (this is hazy). I assume including the firing of weapons. 

LHO obviously learned how fire a rifle, with mediocre competence, in the Marines. He had privately owned a revolver in the Marines, that fell out his locker and fired, causing a disciplinary action. 

21 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Tracy could you clear up one point?

In your article you write “Other missteps by Morley. ‘The CIA was reading Oswald’s mail for two years.’ “

You cite that as a misstatement by Morley and give a link to support that claim of a Morley misstatement.

But in the link you give, to another article of your own, it reads, “Morley claim. ‘The CIA was reading Oswald’s mail.’ True, but…”

If Morley’s claim was true, is it fair to call it a misstatement?