The Education Forum

Roger Craig

Got it, it's from the Chief of Station, Rome, about Italian/Austrian/etc...spec's on the correct names/types, 3 pages in total.  Mr. Lane said something, but not everything.  Well, in those days I suppose it would be like that... 

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=50141#relPageId=3&search=The_Weapon Presumably Used

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans
Pictures removed to save space

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Got it, it's from the Chief of Station, Rome, Italy... 3 pages in total.  Mr. Lane said something, but not everything.  Well, in those days I suppose I would be like that... 

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=50141#relPageId=3&search=The_Weapon Presumably Used

cosr.jpg

Wow.  I guess it's probably just an interesting coincidence the Chief of Station in Rome in 1963 was Bill Harvey.  The same Bill Harvey who had been in charge of assassination attempts on Castro, through which he became life long friends with Johnny Roselli.  The same Bill Harvey that RFK wanted fired because Harvey was still running ops to Cuba after JFK ordered them stopped.  But the CIA shipped him off to Rome instead.  The same Bill Harvey who went to Florida in the spring of 1963 for a "fishing trip" with Roselli (and likely David Morales) and was seen on a plane headed to Dallas by one of his employees in late November 1963.

9 hours ago, Jean Paul Ceulemans said:

Got it, it's from the Chief of Station, Rome, Italy... 3 pages in total.  Mr. Lane said something, but not everything.  Well, in those days I suppose I would be like that... 

cosr.jpg

About to be off the front page already.  Worthy of note (?).  COS Rome, 63', Harvey.

It's in :   INFORMATION OF OSWALD PASSED TO MEXICAN GOVT

NARA Record Number: 104-10434-10062 

6 pages in total

Direct link, don't know what to think about this document, Marina is said to be a dental technician in this document.  The document's date 11/25 seems to be correct as it mentions Ruby shooting Oswald.  By that date they should have known about the M-C., but as even the D.A. was talking Mauser...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=7678#relPageId=5&search="Oswald_left Mexico at Nuevo Laredo"

The Russ Holmes files contain lots of doc's, gonna read it this we

18 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:
19 hours ago, Henry Frost said:

But in 1968, in an interview with the L.A. Free Press, Craig  is quoted as saying:

"But there was another rifle, a Mauser, found up on the roof of the depository, that afternoon"

18 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

The Mauser on the roof mistake comes from Fort Worth Star-Telegram reporter Thayor Waldo. He apologized to the WC for it. Other than what he saw and heard that day, I don't think Craig was much informed on the works of the WC.

No, Craig was right. Except for the make of the gun.

In a compilation of amateur films made by Dallas Cinema Associates (DCA), is a film clip showing police officers bringing a rifle down the fire escape from the TSBD roof. (The film was reportedly shot by a man named Charles Mentesana.) The rifle has no scope, thereby proving that it is neither the Mauser nor the Carcano.

According to researcher Ira David Wood, the rifle appears to be a British Enfield.

Richard Sprague showed the DCA film to Jim Garrison, and he commented on it in his book. It is now in archives of Western New England College in Springfield, Massachusetts).

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

No, Craig was right. Except for the make of the gun.

In a compilation of amateur films made by Dallas Cinema Associates (DCA), is a film clip showing police officers bringing a rifle down the fire escape from the TSBD roof. (The film was reportedly shot by a man named Charles Mentesana.) The rifle has no scope, thereby proving that it is neither the Mauser nor the Carcano.

According to researcher Ira David Wood, the rifle appears to be a British Enfield.

Richard Sprague showed the DCA film to Jim Garrison, and he commented on it in his book. It is now in archives of Western New England College in Springfield, Massachusetts).

British Enfield?  Try Dallas police-issued shotgun.  I could just as easily claim that the Mentesana film shows an officer holding his own shotgun, which of course would not have a scope attached.

22 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

British Enfield?  Try Dallas police-issued shotgun.  I could just as easily claim that the Mentesana film shows an officer holding his own shotgun, which of course would not have a scope attached.

Which would be rather odd considering how gingerly the officer was handling the gun. And considering how the other officers gathered around to take a look.

Just now, Sandy Larsen said:

Which would be rather odd considering how gingerly the officer was handling the gun. And considering how the other officers gathered around to take a look.

Oh, and considering the fact that the DPD claimed it had been left on the roof by a security guard when asked about it in 1967.

4 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Oh, and considering the fact that the DPD claimed it had been left on the roof by a security guard when asked about it in 1967.

Cite please. (I'm betting you can't cite the original source)

9 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I'll cite my assertions after you cite yours.

So no cite (from the original source) for the claim that the DPD claimed it had been left on the roof by a security guard when asked about it in 1967.

Alrighty then.