The Education Forum

Why I am leaving the forum

Hello all,

when I first joined the forum I found it a pretty decent place to share and to learn. In the years since Simkin's departure it has changed into something I don't recognize. I don't claim perfection my part. I've grown frustrated with two posters here but have continued to try to engage them in fruitful discussions. Both are tireless in promulgating their theories and dissing others. It's not fun anymore. There are many still here, posting occasionally, who I respect for their knowledge. But they have become largely silenced by the din of personal attacks. David Joseph's, whose two Oswald theory I don't agree with, is nevertheless one of the best researchers here. He has apparently been kicked off the site without explanation. Don Jefferies had his post erased, and when I posted asking why it was greeted with little interest, and again no explanation. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Hello all,

when I first joined the forum I found it a pretty decent place to share and to learn. In the years since Simkin's departure it has changed into something I don't recognize. I don't claim perfection my part. I've grown frustrated with two posters here but have continued to try to engage them in fruitful discussions. Both are tireless in promulgating their theories and dissing others. It's not fun anymore. There are many still here, posting occasionally, who I respect for their knowledge. But they have become largely silenced by the din of personal attacks. David Joseph's, whose two Oswald theory I don't agree with, is nevertheless one of the best researchers here. He has apparently been kicked off the site without explanation. Don Jefferies had his post erased, and when I posted asking why it was greeted with little interest, and again no explanation. 

Paul,

With all due respect, "Goodbye."

I will truly miss you, and I sincerely mean that.

--  Tommy  :sun

PS  When are you leaving?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Paul,

I really hope you reconsider.  You were on of the best posters here.  And on top of that you were really a class act.

Please think this over.

The departure of you and David is a real loss to this site.

5 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Hello all,

Paul,

This too shall pass.

Give it time, Please.

Michael

14 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Hello all,

Paul,

I hope you will give this some time.  I think all of us would appreciate some transparency as to just who the mods are currently,  as well as who is making decisions and why things have happened as they have.  It is valuable that you have clearly pointed out the need for this.  

Edited by Pamela Brown

Paul, please, reconsider.

Your posting contributions are so coherent, grounded, thoughtful and very respectful.

You remind me of Simpkin in many ways including your character.

I am a newer, neophyte member who has no deep research bonafides personally. I am passably well read on the general topics of the JFK assassination but my probably too often emotion based posting contributions are tolerated I think only because readers sense my sincere passion for the JFK truth and keeping this mission alive.

But you must know that there are so many readers and followers of this forum who, like me,  have been learning from the forum ( and you personally ) FOR YEARS and who consider it such an important part of keeping the JFK truth flame from flickering out.

There is a much larger body of forum members and followers that you and your contributions are important to versus the few posting members who seem to have dispirited you.

What a loss if you leave.

Respectively, Joe B.

Edited by Joe Bauer

5 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Paul, please, reconsider.

Your posting contributions are so coherent, grounded, thoughtful and very respectful.

You remind me of Simpkin in many ways including your character.

I am a newer, neophyte member who has no research bonafides at all. My mostly emotion based posting contributions are tolerated I think only because readers sense my sincere passion for the JFK truth and keeping this mission alive.

But you must know that there are so many readers and followers of this forum who, like me,  have been learning from the forum ( and you personally ) FOR YEARS and who consider it such an important part of keeping the JFK truth flame from flickering out.

There is a much larger body of forum members and followers that you and your contributions are important to versus the few posting members who seem to have dispirited you.

What a loss if you leave.

Respectively, Joe B.

Yes, Paul.

Please stay.

3 minutes ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Paul, please reconsider, don't let the people you mention get you down. We are all fed up with their disruptive  comments. We need serious contributors as yourself. Just do what most of the posters do on here ... put them on ignore.

Ray,

With all due respect ......People???

PLURAL???

You mean ....... like a conspiracy???

Like ... (gasp) ... me and ... (gulp) ... George Soros???

Edited by Thomas Graves

47 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Paul,

I really hope you reconsider.  You were on of the best posters here.  And on top of that you were really a class act.

Please think this over.

The departure of you and David is a real loss to this site.

I recently posted a thread asking people not to feed the trolls. I did not use any names.

The thread disappeared within two hours.

Steve Thomas

My God Steve!, Of course Paul, you know where I stand. You're my ally even in areas where we are not in complete agreement, which are few. Imo, You're the most thoughtful poster here. You're not afraid to venture off script. You're tolerant almost to a fault, and you're willingness to explore other people's theories in most instances is far greater than the effort they would make for yours. I'd say insulate yourself and "don't feed the trolls", as Steve Thomas once posted.

These people only have a life if you feed them.

The closing of forum registration, which ends tomorrow, along with the current demurenent of administrators,   has me wondering if there is not a coming change of the guard. Tommy's apparent exceptional confidence that his antics will cause him no grief has me fearing the worst at this juncture.

11 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

The closing of forum registration, which ends tomorrow, along with the current demurenent of administrators,   has me wondering if there is not a coming change of the guard. Tommy's apparent exceptional confidence that his antics will cause him no grief has me fearing the worst at this juncture.

Michael,

Do you fear that there's a ... gasp ... conspiracy afoot?

PS  Antics?  What antics, Michael? 

PPS  What are "antics," anyway?

Are they something like highjinks (sp?) ?

Edited by Thomas Graves

29 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

I recently posted a thread asking people not to feed the trolls. I did not use any names.

The thread disappeared within two hours.

Steve Thomas

Oh no!  Do you think the trolls ate it? :-0