The Education Forum

Dylan mentions FERRIE and BANISTER in his lyrics!!!

I haven't been following this thread closely, so someone may have mentioned this already, but there's also been speculation that while the second "Wolfman" reference is to Wolfman Jack, the first reference--"Wolfman Wolfman Wolfman" , just before "rub a dub dub"-- is a call out to GHWBush, esp via GWB's first fiance C. Wolfman.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, David Josephs said:

I sure miss Jerry...

DJ, Jerry would have sure loved to miss this! Checking out in 1995 like he did, with a smile on his face when found dead?

Nice to see Dylan's reference to the mutilation of JFK's body and the removal of his brain described as a fact rather than "Lifton's theory."  The truth will out, if we keep looking for it, but the confirmation bias keeps clouding the eyes.

On 3/28/2020 at 10:05 AM, Paul Brancato said:

I’m going to see Dylan perform in Berkeley this June, providing we are not still quarantined. It’ll be like a bookend for me, as the only other time I saw him live was during his first tour with the Band. I do wonder if he’ll perform this song live.

It will be interesting to see if Dylan will be able to keep the US tour dates, as he had to cancel the Japan leg.  I got to see him in Mankato last October, and it was great, so I wish you luck...and, yes, if there is a lot of buzz about MMF, I think he would perform it...his last song of the main set in the 2019 US tour was Gotta Serve Somebody, which was a Grammy hit from long ago...so I would hope so...

On 3/29/2020 at 7:37 PM, Steven Kossor said:

Nice to see Dylan's reference to the mutilation of JFK's body and the removal of his brain described as a fact rather than "Lifton's theory."  The truth will out, if we keep looking for it, but the confirmation bias keeps clouding the eyes.

Dylan also included the gun in the sewer theory.  

I've watched Zimmy perform 'live' every decade since the 60's.  A long time devotee.  On his '63 Freewheelin' album, the first one I bought, a track 'I shall be free' contains the lines:- Well, my telephone rang it would not stop It’s President Kennedy callin’ me up. He said, “My friend, Bob, what do we need to make the country grow?” I said, “My friend, John, Brigitte Bardot, Anita Ekberg, Sophia Loren.”  Country'll grow!   After including so many social/protest lyrics in his works over the past 50+ years, to finally hear his 'Murder most foul' was wonderful.  Better late than never!

Steve:

You have to take out  the brain in a gunshot wound to the head autopsy.

In every autopsy with bullet wounds you have to mutilate the body e..g Y  incision.

Am i missing something, does Dylan say somewhere that they altered the body through pre autopsy surgery covering up holes in the front and they they punched holes in the rear?

If you recall, when he manufactured that baloney about me not writing my own article, Lifton had to use text from the play Hamlet as some kind of reference point for his ideas--stuff not in Dylan's poem.

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Steve:

You have to take out  the brain in a gunshot wound to the head autopsy.

In every autopsy with bullet wounds you have to mutilate the body e..g Y  incision.

That happened with JFK’s back?  Who made this Y incision?

Am i missing something, does Dylan say somewhere that they altered the body through pre autopsy surgery covering up holes in the front and they they punched holes in the rear?

If you recall, when he manufactured that baloney about me not writing my own article, Lifton had to use text from the play Hamlet as some kind of reference point for his ideas--stuff not in Dylan's poem.

Dylan’s a poet who wrote “They mutilated his body.”

Is DiEugenio gaslighting us into thinking Dylan referred to the standard autopsy protocol which wasn’t followed, was it?

It never ceases to amaze me how personal animosities influence some people’s analytical abilities.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

On 4/7/2020 at 9:49 PM, Cliff Varnell said:

Dylan’s a poet who wrote “They mutilated his body.”

Is DiEugenio gaslighting us into thinking Dylan referred to the standard autopsy protocol which wasn’t followed, was it?

It never ceases to amaze me how personal animosities influence some people’s analytical abilities.

Dylan may have read Best Evidence or seen the movie JFK...

• 3 weeks later...

The title of Dylan's song about JFK's murder is drawn from Hamlet, in fact.  The confirmation bias has been handicapping researchers in all fields, for as long as research has been performed, in fact.  Everyone draws conclusions from the facts they recognize.  Some researchers pursue evidence in support of their hypotheses and overlook or misinterpret evidence that points in other directions.  I've been surveying the research into JFK's assassination for more than 40 years and have had the privilege of receiving lots of thoughtful insights, some from members of this group, but feeling slapped never happened until I referred to Lifton in a positive light.  That is a shame.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:49 AM, Cliff Varnell said:

Humes & Fink probed around the back wound & worked on the jigsaw puzzle that was JFK's skull.  Boswell made the Y incision & removed organs from the lower torso.

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The back wound was lower, sure, but “lower torso”?

Cliff, according to James Jenkins Humes & Fink had the body in a more or less sitting position to probe the back wound.  Boswell made the Y incision while JFK's body was flat on the slab.  Jenkins assisted Boswell with the removal of most major organs, intestines, heart, lungs etc, etc and weighing of same and entering data on the face sheet.  Humes removed the brain which was passed to Boswell and Jenkins for them to infuse with formalin in bucket.