The Education Forum

Stoned

Ron Bulman

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting Twitter analysis from Aaron Mate of The Nation:

"Roger Stone was found guilty on charges stemming from his false claim of a Wikileaks backchannel. In reality, he had none. Let that sink in: the top proponents of Trump-Russia-Wikileaks 'collusion' are now pretending that this verdict doesn't undermine their conspiracy theory."

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

image.png.eb30cf0b9182e42a6ba0409851f7214b.png

Edited by W. Niederhut

17 hours ago, S.T. Patrick said:

Interesting Twitter analysis from Aaron Mate of The Nation:

"Roger Stone was found guilty on charges stemming from his false claim of a Wikileaks backchannel. In reality, he had none. Let that sink in: the top proponents of Trump-Russia-Wikileaks 'collusion' are now pretending that this verdict doesn't undermine their conspiracy theory."

Roger Stone was convicted upon the grand jury's  indictment.

READ: Roger Stone indictment by federal grand jury

Updated 7:07 AM ET, Fri January 25, 2019

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/politics/read-roger-stone-indictment-fbi/index.html

I am having a hard time comprehending this whole imbroglio.

Stone was convicted of saying he had something which he did not?

Which was connections to Wikileaks?

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I am having a hard time comprehending this whole imbroglio.

Stone was convicted of saying he had something which he did not?

Which was connections to Wikileaks?

I think he was trying to insulate Trump/Trump Campaign from a direct connection to Wikileaks.

Something like that.

14 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

I think he was trying to insulate Trump/Trump Campaign from a direct connection to Wikileaks.

Something like that.

It reminds me of that line from an old Dylan song...

"Do you take me for such a fool, to think I'd make contact with one who tries to hide what he don't know to begin with?"

Stone lied when he claimed his contact with Wikileaks was Randy Credico.  If Credico didn't go along with his story Stone threatened to get his dog.

Robert Gates and Steve Bannon testified that Roger Stone was considered by the Trump campaign as a direct link to Wikileaks, with much evidence of Stone's foreknowledge of Wikileaks releases.

I knew Roger Stone and Paul Manafort 45 years ago when I served as legal counsel to NICAP, the wildly successful National Conservative Political Action Committee in which they were key leaders. They along with Lee Atwater and Charles Black later rode the Reagan presidency into a successful PR agency, Black, Manafort and Stone. None of the four believed in democracy or that the will of the voters should prevail. Their vile political actions transformed me from a founder of the conservative movement into the card carrying ACLU liberal that I am today.

Atwater died an early death and in his final months publicly apologized for the harm that he had inflicted on the nation and the world.

Stone rigged the national election in the Florida recount so that George W. Bush defeated Gore in 2000 even though Gore got more votes.

Stone rigged the national election in 2004 so that Bush got more votes than Kerry in Ohio, which carried George W. to nationwide victory.

Stone participated in the rigging of the 2016 election so that Trump was victorious even though Hillary got 3.5 million more votes than Trump. Stone had two back channels to Assange although Mueller could only find  and trace one. I wonder about the alleged role of the LaRouche organization in all of this.

Stone's thefts of three national elections' outcomes resulted in decades of a declining America so that we find ourselves today being manipulated by Putin, the (former) KGB communist agent who uses Trump to carry out his orders.

Any attempt to claim that Stone was innocent of the seven counts upon which he was convicted is refuted by the unanimous guilty verdict of the jury. Those who are upset by the verdict should address their concerns to the members of the jury who heard the evidence in the  trial in which Stone called no defense witnesses and did not take the stand to testify in his own behalf.

It is ironic that Stone is going to prison because he committed perjury to protect Trump and in doing so made his own criminal prosecution inevitable..Stone, the famous trickster, is taking the fall after being tricked into doing so by the master con man in the Oval Office. Is this not poetic justice? If he were alive today Shakespeare would undoubtedly take delight in writing a play about this.

Stone will be sentenced in February by the judge whom he targeted for assassination early in the case. This does not bode well for him. History will judge him and Trump and Manafort as traitors.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

Doug:

We all know about Stone and Florida.  But it was not really him who stole the election, that was done by Katherine Harris' office beforehand.  This was in Greg Palast's book The Best Democracy Money can Buy.  What he did, along with Scalia, was stop the recount. Scalia was really the one who did that. Stone arranged the Brooks Brothers riot.

In the best analysis of the 2004 Ohio heist, I don't see Stone's name mentioned. https://www.commondreams.org/views06/0601-34.htm

Do you?  Bobby Kennedy Jr points the finger at Ken Blackwell as the guy who rigged that one.

As per 2016, the Cambridge Analytica company did the really important vote picking work for Trump.  And, based on this,  his  advisors told him where to go and how often to go there.  Stone actually quit the campaign over this.

Unless you don't know it, I am not a big Roger Stone fan.  I never liked Nixon at all.  I did not like Roger's JFK books either.

But I do have an interest in how the justice system works in these kinds of cases.

So can you help answer my questions:

1.) How did Stone rig the 2004 and 2016 elections, and

2.) Is Stone being sentenced for lying about having something he did not have?

Edited by James DiEugenio

1) Ion Sancho: Roger Stone's dirty tricks helped sway the 2000 Florida recount | Opinion

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/opinion/2019/02/03/ion-sancho-roger-stones-dirty-tricks-helped-sway-2000-florida-recount/2742713002/

Read Stone's indictment for his role in rigging the  2016 election that I have posted earlier in this thread.

So Goes the Nation [Ohio]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...So_Goes_the_Nation

2) Stone is facing sentencing after being convicted a few days ago on seven criminal counts because by not mounting a defense in his trial he in effect conceded that the government's case against him was accurate in all its aspects.

Edited by Douglas Caddy