The Education Forum

15 hours ago, Steve Roe said:

No Ed, don’t get all melodramatic again. 2 brands of shells found at the Tippit Murder scene, same 2 brands of 0.38’s found on Oswald. 

And in yet another strange "coincidence", the bullets weren't "found on Oswald" until around the time the Davis shells "turned up".

Too bad that the shells that turned up were 2 Remingtons and 2 Winchesters, but the slugs removed from Tippit were 3 Winchesters and 1 Remington.  Oops!

Edited by John Iacoletti

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, John Iacoletti said:

And in yet another strange "coincidence", the bullets weren't "found on Oswald" until after the time the Davis shells "turned up".

Too bad that the shells that turned up were 2 Remingtons and 2 Winchesters, but the slugs removed from Tippit were 3 Winchesters and 1 Remington.  Oops!

The bullets in Oswald's pocket turned up after Charles Truman Walker had searched him just before Fritz's interrogation.

"So I searched him real good. But found nothing." - HSCA interview June 7 1978. And yet Boyd and Sims find a bus ticket and shells......sure.

16 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

Sorry David, I seem not to be seeing the link -  familiar with the Canada origin concept but need to understand the time line for both...thanks for taking the time (when you have it...grin).

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-pistol

I had written up this post and it crashed... not saved.

1.  REA's business is freight and the fees related...  REA did not collect the COD from Consignee (Hidell)
  2.  REA would have sent one of those postcards to Oswald's PO Box to come get his package...  never happened
  3.  The carton would probably not fit in the PO Box so the same notice for the 5' rifle carton should also have been sent...
  4. Rose/Seaport gets these pistols early January and shortens some of them - yet a 1/27/63 order is not shipped until 3/20/63
  5. The same day the rifle is supposedly shipped to his PO Box and the entire Postcard thing begins again...
  6. Informants place the source of the CIA's 4 million rounds of ammo as provided via Century
  7. Century International Arms (CIA) and "the" CIA had a very close and long term relationship.
  8. Another real possibility is the other "CIA" Cummings Investment Associates aka INTERARMCO...
  9. Bullets kept in a box show the telltale signs of having spent time in an ammo belt.. the pistol attributed to Oswald was standard issue to police forces around the US..
  10. These bullets are found hours after at least 2 body searches of Oswald had been done... and then that bus transfer which adds so much credibility to the story.

2145434580_5bulletsfromOswaldcompartedtobulletsinammobelt.jpg.501205107821a313f1d4e49286fc6189.jpg

426147657_TheEvidenceIStheConspiracy-TheRiflesForensicsforCAPA2019-FinalDraftpistolp4.jpg.d94a687f957a36b60a84aa2b34d3e666.jpg

2098337591_TheEvidenceIStheConspiracy-TheRiflesForensicsforCAPA2019-FinalDraftpistolpage3.jpg.ae78e3c9bfa1cf662b29747f81645560.jpg

1217437960_TheEvidenceIStheConspiracy-TheRiflesForensicsforCAPA2019-FinalDraftpistolp2.jpg.4481db02e8e1b3b0764c8b03622a5c54.jpg

373412189_pobox2.jpg.1137e0815b2e39c24cd005f09a0866db.jpg

60279149_11198Gdoesnothaveaholster-holsterwasNOTgivenaninventorynumber-andwaslistedontheNOTPHOTOGRAPHEDpage...yetthereitis.thumb.jpg.e81e7b3b2754c3a188c3db7e90cc1d7e.jpg

"

On this photo from the National Archives (the one I posted earlier), enlarge the photo and zero in on the Serial Number. 

Near the Serial Number is a clear engraved or scratched in "PB", Paul Bentley. 

gun10.jpg

I did enlarge the photo and sharpened it, and it clearly states "made in USA" that is not a serial number and yet you seem to see 'clearly' P.B. there. The logo/branding on the left does not help either. You outclassed Brian Doyle there Roe!

Roe refers to Bentley as he did not testify in front of the WC. No specific reason right?  ;) Let Roe point out the statement by Bentley which says where he put those initials, Just like the others have in the photo he shared. 

25 minutes ago, Bart Kamp said:

"

On this photo from the National Archives (the one I posted earlier), enlarge the photo and zero in on the Serial Number. 

Near the Serial Number is a clear engraved or scratched in "PB", Paul Bentley. 

gun10.jpg

I did enlarge the photo and sharpened it, and it clearly states "made in USA" that is not a serial number and yet you seem to see 'clearly' P.B. there. The logo/branding on the left does not help either. You outclassed Brian Doyle there Roe!

Roe refers to Bentley as he did not testify in front of the WC. No specific reason right?  ;) Let Roe point out the statement by Bentley which says where he put those initials, Just like the others have in the photo he shared. 

Bart, I thought you had me on "Ignore"? 

I see you are still haranguing me with the Brian Doyle comparison. As I stated before, that's your business, I have nothing to do with Brian Doyle. 

Go back one page and see my photo of the revolver "with the serial number". It's on the bottom of the pistol handle. 

Or go here.....https://catalog.archives.gov/id/305138 and go to Picture #4.

Edited by Steve Roe
Link not directing to stated photo. Clarified.

9 minutes ago, Bart Kamp said:

Bentley says simply that after giving the pistol to HILL he then initials the pistol as HILL gives it to Lt Baker and Fritz....

We must remember that no one initials this pistol until AFTER it is at the DPD for some time....

Try this version Bart.... shows more of the underside where HILL claims to have etched his initials... and a large version from the 23rd when initials SHOULD be there

463438973_LARGEPistolclaimedtohavekilledTippit.thumb.jpg.f077a3603ace66a37aa6aab5515328dc.jpg

1099746927_McDonaldholdingpistol-large-web.thumb.jpg.7e527d4e2d6c910042f4d21d42cbf5b1.jpg

Thanks David, and no this still does not answer the Doylesque posting by Roe.

If that says PB then Prayer Man is Oswald by definition.

Case closed....eh no wide open.

Back to square one for you Steve.

gun_on10.jpg

I recall ordering from catalogs and receiving packages from REA, you had to pick them up the REA  office.  REA notified you of the package arrival with a post card. The PO did not have an agreement with them as with today's shipping companies - at least not where I live.  Did they in Dallas - do we know for sure?   

In looking at the pistol photo, I happen to have a .38 rather similar to that, have for a couple of years....looking at the pistol grip and the pistol itself it appears to have a great deal of wear, the sort you would get from carrying it all the time and banging the holster around a bit while you are doing so.  Its sort of hard for me to imagine a pistol owned by Oswald looking like that even if it was routinely stored in a holster.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:26 PM, Steve Roe said:

The revolver was planted?

Now it's getting more and more bizarre and a total disregard for the evidence. 

Try this Bart Kamp. 

You can stop with the insults now. 

Edited by Steve Roe
Complete sentence

On 2/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, Larry Hancock said:

I recall ordering from catalogs and receiving packages from REA, you had to pick them up the REA  office.  REA notified you of the package arrival with a post card. The PO did not have an agreement with them as with today's shipping companies - at least not where I live.  Did they in Dallas - do we know for sure?   

In looking at the pistol photo, I happen to have a .38 rather similar to that, have for a couple of years....looking at the pistol grip and the pistol itself it appears to have a great deal of wear, the sort you would get from carrying it all the time and banging the holster around a bit while you are doing so.  Its sort of hard for me to imagine a pistol owned by Oswald looking like that even if it was routinely stored in a holster.

Hi Larry, to answer your question about did REA notify via PO Boxes in Dallas, yes they did. In fact Eddie Barker (KRLD Channel 4 in Dallas) did this in 1968. 

Edited by Steve Roe

46 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

Did they in Dallas - do we know for sure?

Pretty sure - that little building there is REA 1961 from Hillsboro TX....

And there is also a Receipt given to the person paying for and picking up the merchandise:   1-26-62 from Atlanta.

Ozzie - if he actually picked up an REA shipped pistol - should have gotten one... with master copy at REA...

Just another in-depth investigation by the good ole FBI

1106260137_REAReceiptforchargesfromJanuary1962.jpg.9ab67694711551bb5ed2759c2d3c85ee.jpg

1217437960_TheEvidenceIStheConspiracy-TheRiflesForensicsforCAPA2019-FinalDraftpistolp2.jpg.4481db02e8e1b3b0764c8b03622a5c54.jpg

Took you long enough to post that shot, why take so long?

But that bill for the gun is just laughable with that handwritten serial on it, had that been typed as the rest then you'd have a strong argument.....

But now we just have another fix by the DPD. A worn out gun (well spotted Larry) and a handwritten serial on a bill which should have been typed.

Fritz, Boyd, Sims, Johnson and a few others were doing serious overtime messing about with the evidence.

What a joke.

"edit": one more thing, in this place the evidence counts, not the usual one liner FB replies.

Edited by Bart Kamp

Not trying to be confusing but this is making me think about something new.  What were the shipping guidelines - weight and size which required something to go by REA? 

What I was trying to get out was that when we received packages shipped vea REA, we were notified by mail with a notice sent via the post office - but we had to pick up the package at the REA office...and if shipping or other charges were due that was handled at the REA office as well, not the Post Office.  The only delivered the notice, as a piece of regular mail.

How does this fit with both the pistol and rifle in Owalds case....I've been away from these sorts of details for a very long time.

Also, talk about wear, looks like somebody was using the butt of that pistol as a hammer...how old is that thing..

Edited by Larry Hancock

31 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

How does this fit with both the pistol and rifle in Owalds case....I've been away from these sorts of details for a very long time.

Works exactly the same...  I posted the REA postcard above....

REA postcard to POBox, Box holder brings notice and ID to pick up package and pay the COD or any due amounts at the REA station...

REA was simply another way to ship in the 60's but soon faded away...  it was a RR consortium from what I remember and it was not a matter of size or weight but just shipping meather...

e.g.  UPS, USPS, or FEDEX.  I get a text now to pick up my Amazon shipment at our apartments Amazon hub locker room.... again, same concept.

No postcard, no Oswald, no REA, no COD....  no shipment of a pistol... no shipment of a rifle...... as I said in Dallas, as of Sat evening the 23rd, C2766 was shipped in June 1962...
Do we have a June 1962 order?  yes but it had N2766 in it... and there was a March 1963 order with C2746... but we don't get to see those...  FBI rules and all

As to the pistol  being so "used" looking... only the shell hulls match the pistol... again, standard issue police force pistol - .38 special.
Nothing actually connects THAT PISTOL with the murder or whether it was ever in Oswald's possession...

The article I wrote shows the real possibility that a different pistol was ultimately used as "the" murder weapon.

2 hours ago, Bart Kamp said:

Took you long enough to post that shot, why take so long?

But that bill for the gun is just laughable with that handwritten serial on it, had that been typed as the rest then you'd have a strong argument.....

But now we just have another fix by the DPD. A worn out gun (well spotted Larry) and a handwritten serial on a bill which should have been typed.

Fritz, Boyd, Sims, Johnson and a few others were doing serious overtime messing about with the evidence.

What a joke.

"edit": one more thing, in this place the evidence counts, not the usual one liner FB replies.

Bart, enough of the demeaning comments, Ok?

If you actually read my post it says “the page before where I posted it”. 

And of course you are going to deny the serial numbers. The FBI sent an agent to LA and verified the serial numbers off Rose/Seaport records. 

Do you want that document? Or does Uncle Malcom have it? 

You do see “PB” right? Will at least acknowledge that? Or do you want to continue your insults? 

Your choice. 

Edited by Steve Roe
Forgot to add additional comment