The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Can anyone imagine Kennedy doing this?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-ends-coronavirus-briefing-female-reporters_n_5eb9c144c5b6a0e85a758f36

BTW, I agree about this becoming political with Florida not reporting its numbers anymore.  DeSantis is saying, so what!  We're opening up and what you don't know won't hurt Trump.

Nice governor Ron.  Did you vote for him? 

No, I can't imagine JFK getting so frustrated with female reporters, even in this mess, that he just walks off.  I live in Texas, didn't vote for DeSantis or Abbott.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another such case, Ron. This clip is of a confrontation with Trump and reporters after Trump showed the press a film of how his Presidency handled the corona virus by  stopping incoming flights from China in late January and the film  resumes his activity in March, and is then asked about his film' showing his  inactivity in February, and asked what he did to combat the corona virus in February?

When asked,Trump  keeps diverting back to his travel ban in January and lies about Biden's reaction. But the reporter Leslie Reid  remains cool and persistent and never gets diverted and never drops her eyes from Trump.If these reporters got sucked into Trump's anger, they would have lost the argument.  Her stare is like a death ray and our President comes undone and acts like a child all the more humiliating for him that the questions are coming from a woman.

There's been a lot said about JFK in news conferences but the press was relatively a piece of cake back then. Before the 60's there was a trust of government and officials and the press had to be more reticent of showing up the President.
Edited by Kirk Gallaway

I meant Ecker.

BTW, how about this:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/whitmer-online-threats-protest-michigan-capitol

Trump is turning Lansing into Charlottesville.

BTW Bob the official numbers are in for NY.  From mid March to early May it was over 24,000 dead from CV 19.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Let us say some genius team discovers a vaccine for the virus in a country such as China, Russia, Iran, Israel or even the U.S.?

Will the powers to be in these countries freely share this with the rest of world, even if it means doing so with their greatest political and ideological adversaries?

Not doing so could lead to...?  Don't even want to speculate.

More on Castle Rock.  Take a look at at the picture.  I did not see any masks.

Love to see how may of this crowd is in the hospital in a month or so. All over steak and potatoes on Mother's Day.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/co-restaurant-swamped-with-mothers-day-crowd-after-bucking-stay-at-home-order

Castle Rock got busted, its closed down.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/05/11/854014516/health-officials-close-colorado-cafe-that-hosted-a-huge-crowd-on-mothers-day?fbclid=IwAR1vWN57YKwH4ZCmI3uH4Pm1kQnRrdXxj3bU3YmPrTpcBhzqZjQmAJRV7QY

12 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

This world threatening virus could easily spur a wave of conspiracy thought, talk and anxiety beyond any event in our lifetimes if it continues to spread and kill and destabilize entire economies and social orders to almost unbelievable degrees and without a cure for a period of time beyond just months.

In just 4 months alone it has shaken the world in every major medical, political, economic and social way. International trade has been greatly impeded and international travel has nearly come to a stop.

In our own country we are seeing economic stress numbers rivaling those of the great Depression.

We are living in a stressful and depressing social distancing situation beyond anything we have ever imagined except in scary Sci-fi movies or bad dreams.

Here at home and world wide there seems to be a common anxiety bordering on post traumatic stress levels.

I myself am having dreams that are the most bizarre and disturbing I can ever recall.

I am washing my hands more often than someone afflicted with Obsessive-Compulsive disorder!

I am constantly wiping down everything I see including door nobs, table tops, phones, remote controls, lap top keyboards, steering wheels, transmission gear handles, toilet seats and flush handles, pot handles, glasses, grocery store cart handles and just bought grocery containers even my favorite nut cracker and back scratcher!

Heck ... even the containers of our disinfectant wipes! 

It's bordering on manic madness!

Every little pain, itch, twitch, tired feeling, soreness, body warmth, increased heart beat rate, stomach cramp etc. has me worrying " Dear God...do I finally have it ?"

Despite this craziness the one area of thought I refuse to allow my already stressed out and exhausted psyche to wander is the conspiracy realm.

To do so seems like it might be a final line we need not cross for our own mental stability to get through this stressful struggle.

I recently read about the murder of a Chinese born medical researcher living in Pittsburgh, PA ( not sure if he was a naturalized citizen ) who it was reported was making significant strides in the study of a coronavirus vaccine. He was supposedly shot to death by a friend of his who happened to be a fellow science educated professional person  (  in another field ) who also was Chinese born.

This other man was found in his murdered friend's car not far from the murder scene, himself shot dead, reportedly by his own hand.

Now, if one wanted to, this incident alone could be looked upon as so highly intriguing as to trigger a conspiracy theory all by itself.

So many questions because of their fields of study, their shared ethnic heritage, their close friendship status, their histories not showing such extreme personal behavior and on and on.

I am resisting giving this strange but intriguing event any more thought. 

As I am any other Covid-19 origin and purpose conspiracy talk or ideas.

After worrying about this virus right outside my door everyday and night, as well as a President who seems to be mishandling it all with mostly antagonistic, divisive and dangerous science ignoring non-leadership, I just don't have the energy.

However, I would like to add this final whimsical thought that I "have" entertained about this entire humanity threatening crisis mixed with my one allowed conspiracy belief ( besides the JFK, RFK and MLK murder ones) and that is ...

If we do indeed have an ET presence here on Earth and we are in contact with them and their supposed super-advanced technological knowledge is real...couldn't we ask them for "just a little" help in finding a cure for this death virus threatening our entire species?

We all feel some pressure Joe. But you're definitely the one who has expressed the most fear and stress. You seem to be reaching out. And I understand that  as you've said you have a lot of underlying conditions.

I wish I could offer you more solace, but  I would say the present precautions you are now taking you will have to continue to take, probably at least through the end of 2020,  or until a vaccination or effective treatment is available. Because while there evidence coming in that younger people or people with few underlying conditions might actually be safer to resume activities  than originally thought. There is no change in the idea that people with a number of underlying conditions should keep away from the general population for their own safety.

However as I've said earlier I don't think that precludes going out to a secluded beach with your wife or any secluded place. Last week, I went out to Garland Park near you out in Carmel Valley. I've never been there before. It was absolutely beautiful!  The place is huge! Miles and miles of roads and trails. You could wear a mask. Stay on the roads but even on trails people are very courteous and try to employ distancing. Start on roads.

With some of the fears and concerns you've expressed. Honestly I do wonder if going to websites where people are always conjecturing about political conspiracy theories are really such a healthy thing.  But of course in normal times, it's easy to separate the wheat from the chaff and that's your own judgment. Besides you're probably hooked anyway. And at least you know you won't get a virus from being here!   heh heh

Anyway, try to relax and try to do things that nurture you and give you a sense of peace. Good Luck!

https://nypost.com/2020/04/16/43k-us-millionaires-will-get-stimulus-averaging-1-6m-each/?fbclid=IwAR16YVoxX5JGG82JnXd-cv8IBxrnnRjLCqrJR2f-GxpaZsaW9ONxA5HdM5Y

Pelosi and Schumer got taken to the cleaners on this.

We need the squad to take over the House and Joe Kennedy to get  into the senate.

2 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

I'll agree to never accept a dime of social security money if they immediately quit charging me for it!

Also, they best way to stimulate would be to stop the payroll tax for a period of time. Let people keep their money.

19 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

We all feel some pressure Joe. But you're definitely the one who has expressed the most fear and stress. You seem to be reaching out. And I understand that  as you've said you have a lot of underlying conditions.

I wish I could offer you more solace, but  I would say the present precautions you are now taking you will have to continue to take, probably at least through the end of 2020,  or until a vaccination or effective treatment is available. Because while there evidence coming in that younger people or people with few underlying conditions might actually be safer to resume activities  than originally thought. There is no change in the idea that people with a number of underlying conditions should keep away from the general population for their own safety.

However as I've said earlier I don't think that precludes going out to a secluded beach with your wife or any secluded place. Last week, I went out to Garland Park near you out in Carmel Valley. I've never been there before. It was absolutely beautiful!  The place is huge! Miles and miles of roads and trails. You could wear a mask. Stay on the roads but even on trails people are very courteous and try to employ distancing. Start on roads.

With some of the fears and concerns you've expressed. Honestly I do wonder if going to websites where people are always conjecturing about political conspiracy theories are really such a healthy thing.  But of course in normal times, it's easy to separate the wheat from the chaff and that's your own judgment. Besides you're probably hooked anyway. And at least you know you won't get a virus from being here!   heh heh

Anyway, try to relax and try to do things that nurture you and give you a sense of peace. Good Luck!

Kirk, you were this close to my home and you didn't contact me to meet you at Garland Park?

How could you?

Ha!

Don't blame you.

Yes, Garland Park is a semi-regular outing for us both.

It is usually packed now versus up to the end of last year.

I am a little surprised however, that you don't see some of the play I insert into my coronavirus posts.

The back scratcher, nut cracker, the outside of disinfection wipe containers ,etc. ?

I am not really as manic as I described. 75% so ... yes.

The bad dreams could just as well be from eating constantly while staying at home and going to bed with a full stomach.

I go out and drive much more than I infer. Who wouldn't when you have this beautiful coast line to see and relax you?

Anyway, thanks for your concern for my personal mental health. And it is so neat to hear of one our forums biggest names actually visiting a natural beauty destination so close to my home.

Edited by Joe Bauer

In case anyone was wondering what Garland Park was:

https://www.seemonterey.com/listings/garland-ranch-regional-park/1806/

Joe are you friends or neighbors with Clint Eastwood?

Epidemiologists compute figures by deaths above the median.

That is how Johns Hopkins is doing it.  That is how CDC is doing it.

Plus the CV 19 strain on the east coast is strongly suspected of being a mutated virus. One that attacks more than just the lungs, but other organs.

Scroll down and look at her interview with Mcneil,

https://twitter.com/camanpour?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1260274348977532928&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftalkingpointsmemo.com%2F

When the Chinese visited Italy during the lockdown, they told the Italians, this is not a lockdown, this is a joke.