The Education Forum

Anybody Have This Tom Wilson Image?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

As has been discussed on numerous prior threads here, the photo enhancements Wilson claims to have been able to produce have never been peer-reviewed and are outlandish beyond belief.

Actually, I work on reviving Tom's image analysis method for almost two years. From what I was able to understand and see so far,  Tom's findings cannot be dismissed as outlandish. Tom was quite far ahead of time in subsurface image analysis but, unfortunately, he did not leave any systematic and full documentation of his methods. This makes it a real challenge.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

5 hours ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Actually, I work on reviving Tom's image analysis method for almost two years. From what I was able to understand and see so far,  Tom's findings cannot be dismissed as outlandish. Tom was quite far ahead of time in subsurface image analysis but, unfortunately, he did not leave any systematic and full documentation of his methods. This makes it a real challenge.

Andrej - in your opinion, how can work of this type be accurately done on photos that are not the originals? How do you account for degradation of the image? If I'm not mistaken, Wilson performed some of his analysis on copies of assassination photos he sourced out of books.

Jonathan:

Tom had the best copy of Mary Moorman's picture (made from a negative which FBI took from a fresh Mary Moorman's picture) and the best quality Fox pictures related to President's autopsy (possibly from Dr Wecht). Tom received images to analyse from Oliver Stone and Oliver Stone had access to superb copies of many JFKA images. I am not sure about the backyard pictures, however, those were given to Tom by Jack White and they surely were the best pictures of that sort available. Tom did some very initial analyses (in 1988) on pictures he made from video tapes, however, later he had access to high-quality copies of JFKA pictures. He was very much aware about the necessity to use good copies of images for his analysis.

18 hours ago, Rob Clark said:

Annotation 2020-04-20 151957.png

Not sure if this is what you mean Rob...   found the image on the left just rummaging thru the internet...

Backyard5.jpg.835edf8edc8e2efcf6d8438a2b349a2a.jpg

I know a STEVE WILSON who was supposedly with Hemming at Interpen...  looked a lot like Ozzie...

1775729007_OswaldandWilson.jpg.0ba019e31bf4a5d61be0069512ad62ab.jpg

The only other one I have with his face changed:

749007735_Oswald_ONI_WhiteJack-composite-web.jpg.5662fd4703864d067435e4eeb28a43a3.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

David,

The center Oswald figure is from what photo?  Never seen that one before.  It's new to me.

7 hours ago, Andrej Stancak said:

Please find here Tom Wilson's analysis of the 133-B backyard photograph from the book A Deeper, Darker Truth by Don Phillips. 

tomwilson_by_ef.jpg

This is something that I have been saying for years.  Many of the photos that we think of as Harvey Oswald, the man killed at the Dallas Police station, are actually Lee Oswald or someone else covered with a face mask.  The best two examples are the BYPs and Altgens 6.  It is a simple photographic alteration for film editors 

There are others.  The reason for the face masks, there can be only one Lee Harvey Oswald.

Edited by John Butler

50 minutes ago, John Butler said:

David,

The center Oswald figure is from what photo?  Never seen that one before.  It's new to me.

This is something that I have been saying for years.  Many of the photos that we think of as Harvey Oswald, the man killed at the Dallas Police station, are actually Lee Oswald or someone else covered with a face mask.  The best two examples are the BYPs and Altgens 6.  It is a simple photographic alteration for film editors 

There are others.  The reason for the face masks, there can be only one Lee Harvey Oswald.

How could Altgens 6 have been altered when it was transmitted over the AP wire 25 minutes after the assassination?

At the AP or back in Dallas and re-transmitted.  However it was done, Altgens 6 is a fraud with way to many noticeable alterations that have been argued about for years.

11 minutes ago, John Butler said:

At the AP or back in Dallas and re-transmitted.  However it was done, Altgens 6 is a fraud with way to many noticeable alterations that have been argued about for years.

Soo.. was Altgens in on the plot to add a "face mask" to "Oswald" in a photo he just happened to have captured in the midst of the assassination? Where did the "face mask" come from? Was it just conveniently waiting for the plotters at the AP office in Dallas? 

18 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

How could Altgens 6 have been altered when it was transmitted over the AP wire 25 minutes after the assassination?

I'm not disputing your logic, Jonathan, but I can't think of a time I saw the version of Altgens 6 as first published in newspapers -- a photograph of a newspaper page with the Altgens shot.

If there were any on-the-fly pre-publication alteration, one would think the easiest route would be to black out or severely darken the whole doorway.

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

That's Steve Wilson, not Oswald... but that's the point...

Thanks for confirming he DOES look alot like Oswald...  at least for a photo.. :P

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

That's Steve Wilson, not Oswald... but that's the point...

Thanks for confirming he DOES look alot like Oswald...  at least for a photo.. :P

Right.  That's why I used the term Oswald figure.  I had some reservations, particularly the ears and chin.  But, the wife said yeah that's Oswald.  So, I didn't go any further with my reservations.  It does look remarkably like Harvey Oswald. 

But, not so much here.  I knew I was right about the ears.  No earlobes.  But, thought that could be the tilt of the head in the Marine photo.

steve-wilson.jpg

thanks for the heads up.

Edited by John Butler