The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

4 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Looks like a done deal. Called at 215 EST. See ya Mitch ya POS.

I wonder who's helping Donald burn files in the Rose Garden?

YEEEAAAAHHH !!!

Fist pumps and dancing jigs!      Take THAT McConnell !

YOU MEAN, AWFUL, CHEAP WITH OUR OWN MONEY, DESPICABLE PERSON YOU!

Trump's campaign rally visit to Georgia was a HUGE BUST! 

The ultimate loser infected the two Republican candidates with his loser virus! Now they have to live with this loser reality.

Trump's campaign visits did this way more often than not everywhere he went since 2018.

Stupid candidates chose to be blinded by this Trump Loser reality...now they are all LOSERS TOO!

Edited by Joe Bauer

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

20 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

W.,

I lived near the Ouachita Mountains at the time. It was common street knowledge at the time, that there were places in those mountains that you just did not go.

Steve Thomas

I lived in Mena, Steve for about a year in 1996.

5 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

OMG!

Could it be?!

I wouldn't get too excited, yet. If Dems pull it out, I look for Manchin to switch parties. Certainly as soon as someone in the Senate utters the words Green New Deal.

21 minutes ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

I lived in Mena, Steve for about a year in 1996.

Andrew,

I believe that Clinton was rewarded with the Presidency for what he allowed to go on in Mena.

I read once, that at one time, Mena was the busiest airport in the world.

I lived in McAlester, OK for about three years in the late 80's.

Steve Thomas

13 minutes ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

I wouldn't get too excited, yet. If Dems pull it out, I look for Manchin to switch parties. Certainly as soon as someone in the Senate utters the words Green New Deal.

Andrew, maybe I'm not partisan enough, but I have watched and listened to Joe Manchin many times and he seems a dedicated conservative Democrat.  I have not studied his career extensively, but I have no problem with his standing for his ideals and not leaning far to the left.  I think we need many more like him.  I could be, and probably am wrong, but that is the way I always thought members of the Congress and Senate should act.  He is strong on his convictions, yet able to compromise to reach a middle ground in order to produce results.  That in my mind is how a Senator or congressman should govern.  Those who see everything completely black or white miss a lot of shades in between.  When you are dealing with thousands or millions of constituents, there are many shades of being a Democrat or a Republican.  If I remember correctly, JFK railed against those who wanted to "label" everyone and put them inside an immovable cage thereby removing them from the ability to learn and grow as their experience grew.

As an aside, as a citizen of Georgia, I am relieved and hopeful that we will now have two Senators who are actually forward thinking progressives and not just "follow the [DEAR] leader" shills.

In two short years, the Republican Party has managed to lose the House of Representatives, the Presidency, and now the Senate.

You think there are some Republicans who are thinking that following the crazies might not be such a good idea after all?

Maybe the "trump base" isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Steve Thomas

9 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Maybe the "Trump base" isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Steve Thomas

Oh, Trump's base is "cracked" up all right.

They're hooked on "Trump Crack!"

And it's rotting their teeth, minds and souls.

Edited by Joe Bauer

59 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

In two short years, the Republican Party has managed to lose the House of Representatives, the Presidency, and now the Senate.

Even if the DEMs get parity in Congress, I'm not confident in Harris being a deciding vote for DEM bills, at the expense of anything bi-partisan that Biden may want to concede.  This includes the massive stimulus aid improvement people seem to expect.

Edited by David Andrews

46 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Andrew, maybe I'm not partisan enough, but I have watched and listened to Joe Manchin many times and he seems a dedicated conservative Democrat.  I have not studied his career extensively, but I have no problem with his standing for his ideals and not leaning far to the left.  I think we need many more like him.  I could be, and probably am wrong, but that is the way I always thought members of the Congress and Senate should act.  He is strong on his convictions, yet able to compromise to reach a middle ground in order to produce results.  That in my mind is how a Senator or congressman should govern.  Those who see everything completely black or white miss a lot of shades in between.  When you are dealing with thousands or millions of constituents, there are many shades of being a Democrat or a Republican.  If I remember correctly, JFK railed against those who wanted to "label" everyone and put them inside an immovable cage thereby removing them from the ability to learn and grow as their experience grew.

As an aside, as a citizen of Georgia, I am relieved and hopeful that we will now have two Senators who are actually forward thinking progressives and not just "follow the [DEAR] leader" shills.

I'd like to think you're right, Richard. I grew up in West Virginia. When I started my career reporting news there in the early 80s I covered his father, A. James Manchin, extensively. I lived and worked in the same county they lived in for a while and spent a good deal of time with him, long enough for him to give me a jar of his homemade wine. He was a flamboyant, Huey Long-type figure who had a wide following. He served as secretary of state but never got beyond that office because of Jay Rockefeller and Arch Moore trading the governorship back and forth for 25 years or so. I was a fan.

The reason I'm skeptical of Manchin the Younger arise from some shenanigans involving his daughter while he was governor and her degree from West Virginia University along with her executive position with Merck. It's a long and convoluted story.

But also, West Virginia is a place where Democrats go to die these days. Manchin won in 2016 with less than 50 percent of the vote (He got 60 percent his first run in 2010). That same year, the governor that was elected there as a Democrat with less than 50 percent of the vote. He quickly switched his party affiliation to make him more palatable to voters. Manchin is young enough to want his career to continue. He's up for re-election in 2022 and if staying in office is his goal, a party switch is probably not a bad move. Coal is everything to many of the people in West Virginia. When it thrives, other businesses thrive. Any talk of a Green New Deal in the Senate would be bad news for Manchin. I don't think he would have any choice but to switch parties should he want to stay in the body.

The elder Manchin, by the way, gained famed in the early 70s via his campaign to clean up litter in West Virginia. I can still remember a poster  hanging in my grade school with him standing among a pile of trash with his quote on the poster:  "Let us purge our proud peaks of these jumbled jungles of junkery."

Thanks Andrew, for the additional information.  One of the last times I saw a complete Manchin interview, he was suggested to be leaving the Senate to "return" home and run for Governor and he would not deny it, noting that he had a strong desire to serve his fellow citizens where he could make a bigger impact.

On a 2nd front, I have a question for fellow forum members.  Kelly Loeffler is said to be disputing the Georgia elections result for Trump.  Is she even legally allowed to do so?  She has been defeated in her bid to maintain her seat and IS NOT a part of this current Congress as far as I am concerned.  Could she be barred from entry?  Would that not be the proper procedure?  Only those elected to this current Senate and Congress should be participating, correct?

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Andrew,

I believe that Clinton was rewarded with the Presidency for what he allowed to go on in Mena.

I read once, that at one time, Mena was the busiest airport in the world.

I lived in McAlester, OK for about three years in the late 80's.

Steve Thomas

I was blissfully unaware of the Mena conspiracy when I lived there. It wasn't until early in the 2000s that I read up on that. I'm not sure how busy the airport was, but it was certainly large with big planes in and out. It's hard to  imagine something like that being in a place so small and remote.

Manchin is now a Senator with seinority in the governing Democratic party. This means that he may be in line for becoming  chairman of a senate committee. Schumer would want to make sure that Mahchin becomes too prominent and valuable in the next two years for the voters of West Virginia to kick out him of office in 2022.

Schumer recently said that his greatest mistake in 2020 was to encourage that guy in North Carolina to run for senator. He said that guy could have been elected had he kept his zipper up. His sex scandal in mid campaign doomed him. He could have been the # 51 Democratic Senator. One has to feel sorry for his wife and children for what he wrought.

I hadn't heard the full telephone call until just now.

One of the most desperately manic, irrational and delusional rants I have ever heard.

And to think this is the President of the United States makes it even more disturbing.

The man goes so far over the lines of denial of reality you are shaken by the true depth reality of his mental illness.

How he was ever elected is another reality check that half our voting citizens are similarly afflicted, imo.

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEZCNAFEJQDSFXyq4qpAw

During an hourlong phone call, President Trump pressured Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to overturn the 2020 ...

2 hours ago, Richard Price said:

Thanks Andrew, for the additional information.  One of the last times I saw a complete Manchin interview, he was suggested to be leaving the Senate to "return" home and run for Governor and he would not deny it, noting that he had a strong desire to serve his fellow citizens where he could make a bigger impact.

On a 2nd front, I have a question for fellow forum members.  Kelly Loeffler is said to be disputing the Georgia elections result for Trump.  Is she even legally allowed to do so?  She has been defeated in her bid to maintain her seat and IS NOT a part of this current Congress as far as I am concerned.  Could she be barred from entry?  Would that not be the proper procedure?  Only those elected to this current Senate and Congress should be participating, correct?

Richard , I would have thought that Loeffler's term expired on the 3rd? like everyone else, though I may be wrong. I'm always checking out the local state response and this must be quite a pleasant surprise for you Richard. Didn't you say after the election that a sweep in Georgia didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of happening? I was a skeptic myself.

So it looks like with the Democrat sweep, all my pre elections predictions have come through!  Just as our prediction, Joe that Biden would win by 7 million votes!.  Though, at one point,  I had my doubts on that that would come through..  As far as the state by state Presidential electoral college results, I got 49 out of 50, and my one miss is Georgia. Congratulations Georgia!

I'm watching the certification and it looks so far like Pence is playing it straight to the constitution. Then up came Arizona and some yahoo from Arizona filed a protest. So now as a formality, both chambers of Congress retire to debate for 2 hours, when it will be overturned and they will proceed with the vote count. So it could be 5 states that Trump has challenged where they will go into chamber for 2 hours each.! It would be interesting to see the private chamber sessions. What real debate could go on? They never alleged election fraud and every allegation was overturned in court.

Mitch Mac Connell is chastising his Republic traitors as well he should. Now he's finally acting conciliatory, now that he's leaving his post!  I'm sure he'll get a lot of praise for that, and it is better than nothing. But he's been complicit now for years at allowing Trump to get out of control.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

18 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Mitch Mac Connell is chastising his Republic traitors as well he should. Now he's finally acting conciliatory, now that he's leaving his post!  I'm sure he'll get a lot of praise for that, and it is better than nothing. But he's been complicit now for years at allowing Trump to get out of control.

MacConnell's 110% percent complicity and emboldening of Trump these last 4 years makes "any" little conciliatory talk ( now that Trump is toast) disgustingly disingenuous and meaningless.

Notice so many of Trump's soul selling emboldeners are starting to show their prostitution colors by weakly claiming they have one or two disagreements with their beloved pimp's desperately crazy actions now.

Geraldo Rivera ... hey Donnie, boss, my friend ... I love you man but ... uh..."it's over?" 

Edited by Joe Bauer