The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 1/5/2021 at 10:51 AM, Paul Brancato said:

This may sound a bit ignorant. First, I am unable to follow these arguments well. But I am not confident in the stated conclusions of our intelligence community in regards to who is doing the hacking. I think the current hacking story might be worth looking at. Are our enemies really working for Putin and Xi? Are people here so certain of that? Hackers are really good at disguising themselves. How is our current anti Russian anti Chinese rhetoric any different than the old Anti Communist stance of our Intelligence Community? I’m not saying that Putin and Xi are innocents. I am saying that our true enemies are burrowed in to the anti Democratic forces very clearly at work here, inside our government, and inside many other governments. If I had to name them according to the political spectrum I would call these forces fascist. And frankly that includes Russia and China. The current hack may be the most serious situation facing us, and we really don’t know who is behind them. 

The New York Times, January 6, 202:

Widely Used Software Company May Be Entry Point for Huge U.S. Hacking

Russian hackers may have piggybacked on a tool developed by JetBrains, which is based in the Czech Republic, to gain access to federal government and private sector systems in the United States.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Officials are investigating whether a Russian company, based in the Czech Republic, was a pathway for Russian hackers to insert malware that would flow to a number of technology companies.Officials are investigating whether a Russian company, based in the Czech Republic, was a pathway for Russian hackers to insert malware that would flow to a number of technology companies.Credit...Kirill Kudryavtsev/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

• Jan. 6, 2021Updated 5:16 p.m. ET

American intelligence agencies and private cybersecurity investigators are examining the role of a widely used software company, JetBrains, in the far-reaching Russian hacking of federal agencies, private corporations and United States infrastructure, according to officials and executives briefed on the inquiry.

Officials are investigating whether the company, founded by three Russian engineers in the Czech Republic with research labs in Russia, was breached and used as a pathway for hackers to insert back doors into the software of an untold number of technology companies. Security experts warn that the monthslong intrusion could be the biggest breach of United States networks in history.

JetBrains, which counts 79 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers, is used by developers at 300,000 businesses. One of them is SolarWinds, the company based in Austin, Texas, whose network management software played a central role in allowing hackers into government and private networks.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

They need to permanently suspend his twitter account.  He is inciting insurrection and sedition as well as destruction and violence using it.

Twitter locks Trump's account after he posts videos praising rioters as 'patriots' (msn.com)

I think trumps chumps today permanently or at least for the foreseeable future have screwed the republican party into insignificance.

Hopefully the Senate and Congress will swiftly end the electoral bs and send him a final message when they reconvene.  Your done. 

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The New York Times, January 6, 202:

Widely Used Software Company May Be Entry Point for Huge U.S. Hacking

Russian hackers may have piggybacked on a tool developed by JetBrains, which is based in the Czech Republic, to gain access to federal government and private sector systems in the United States.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Officials are investigating whether a Russian company, based in the Czech Republic, was a pathway for Russian hackers to insert malware that would flow to a number of technology companies.Officials are investigating whether a Russian company, based in the Czech Republic, was a pathway for Russian hackers to insert malware that would flow to a number of technology companies.Credit...Kirill Kudryavtsev/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

• Jan. 6, 2021Updated 5:16 p.m. ET

American intelligence agencies and private cybersecurity investigators are examining the role of a widely used software company, JetBrains, in the far-reaching Russian hacking of federal agencies, private corporations and United States infrastructure, according to officials and executives briefed on the inquiry.

Officials are investigating whether the company, founded by three Russian engineers in the Czech Republic with research labs in Russia, was breached and used as a pathway for hackers to insert back doors into the software of an untold number of technology companies. Security experts warn that the monthslong intrusion could be the biggest breach of United States networks in history.

JetBrains, which counts 79 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers, is used by developers at 300,000 businesses. One of them is SolarWinds, the company based in Austin, Texas, whose network management software played a central role in allowing hackers into government and private networks.

Again Doug - and thanks for posting - someone hacked. How they did it is of course important. Who did it even more so. The article addresses how, but just saying it was the Russians who did it isn’t enough. Maybe they did - I’m not saying they didn’t. 

Trump feels the pain...of the protesters? !!!

Not the terror trauma felt by the Senators, congresspersons, their staffs and the Capital building police?

No sympathy or empathy for them at all?

Trump to the protesters ... I love you?

No condemnation of the law breaking, and terror inflicting building invaders?

If those break-in thugs were Biden or H.Clinton people, Trump would be screaming for their heads! The maximum punishment possible!

Trumps inflaming rhetoric finally made his base get violent. Earlier he said to the crowd...don't give up the fight!

They followed his advice to the T.

Trump's embolding this crowd into violence will end his campaign of obstruction of the rule of law.

His last two weeks will be one of keeping a low profile due to the shame of his actions in working his nut case base into a Capital building storming mob.

25 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

His last two weeks will be one of keeping a low profile due to the shame of his actions in working his nut case base into a Capital building storming mob.

Sorry Joe, but a news ticker item from CNN says Trump and Giuliani are making calls to lawmakers telling them not to give up the election challenges.  (I know, FAKE NEWS.)

WH advisors and staff saying he's lost it, unstable, ranting and raving.  Official's considering resigning.  Rumors of cabinet members considering the 25th amendment.  A historical day, in many respects.  World wide implications.

I don’t see any consequences for Trump, his minions in  Congress nor even the cretins who desecrated the capitol today. We have a long, shameful history of allowing right wing traitors and seditionists to get away with it, whether they succeed or fail, and just walking away.

When someone figures this all out, one has to wonder, when Trump wanted Lafayette Square cleared of peaceful demonstrators, the troops were there.

Today, they were nowhere to be seen even though it went on for hours, even though people were  rioting and running over security guards.

If there is an inquiry, I think you will find that he arranged it that way. And all those idiots who followed him like Hawley and Cruz, should be  called out for what they are: groveling bootlickers.

The GOP has hit the nadir of an arc that goes back to the 1964 Goldwater campaign and the JBS.

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Again Doug - and thanks for posting - someone hacked. How they did it is of course important. Who did it even more so. The article addresses how, but just saying it was the Russians who did it isn’t enough. Maybe they did - I’m not saying they didn’t. 

It was a longer article. I could only copy the headline and a few opening paragraphs. The overall consensus is that the Russians did the hacking. In fact the Times' article Sunday was quite specific.

Why are you actively casting doubt that Russia is behind the hacking?

Melania Trump's chief of staff resigned today in reponse to the Capital Building seige. Stephanie Grisham, former White House Press Secretary.

Praised the opportunity to serve. Not much else said.

I think she jumped ship ASAP before it sinks any lower. 

Today people called by media traitors and terrorists invaded our capital, sat in the speaker's chair.  A woman breaking and entering our house was shot and died.

Yet I admire the House and Senate for sticking around to deliver the final blow to the prez.  Is democracy somehow still working?  Perverted as it is.

I'm really curious if any of the idiots in Congress will point out to Hawley that disenfranchising the people of Pennsylvania and canceling their votes for following what the PA election commission has told them to do is penalizing the victim of the so-called malfeasance.

It's really simple: if the legislature, Governor or SoC has actually done anything wrong or against the constitution of the state (I doubt it very much) the remedy is NOT invalidating the vote of the citizens of the state. Why nobody has pointed that out to the dumb as$ is beyond me. I suppose he knows there are enough ignorant people out there that won't question that.

11 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I hadn't heard the full telephone call until just now.

One of the most desperately manic, irrational and delusional rants I have ever heard.

And to think this is the President of the United States makes it even more disturbing.

The man goes so far over the lines of denial of reality you are shaken by the true depth reality of his mental illness.

How he was ever elected is another reality check that half our voting citizens are similarly afflicted, imo.

We're way beyond Goldfinger now...

Edited by David Andrews