The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

11 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Since this "56 Year" thread has become the place to post miscellany on this forum, I thought I would post a recent headline that is probably my favorite of the past month in our vast M$M/social media.

It's the title of a July 21st thread by a "Mrs. Claw" at the Democratic Underground.  Since it's about our celebrated American cosmonaut Jeff Bezos, who was born in 1964, a case could be made that it qualifies as an "inevitable end result of our last 56 years."  🤥

Mama Don't Let Your Bezos Grow Up To Be A Cowboy

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215647600

<p>The ‘Tonight Show’ host mocked Bezos’ outfit choice as a ‘midlife crisis bundle’ </p>

They allude to this song in the article by referring to Steve Miller.  It's been stuck in my head since shortly after W posted it.  So this is his fault.  Since it's Saturday night, the original Space Cowboy, no hat needed.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Well, this is very upsetting.

I continue to believe that these Capitol police were set up--like sitting ducks-- for that violent mob attack.

Hopefully, we'll eventually learn the truth.

16 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well, this is very upsetting.

Four suicides so far in police ranks since Jan 6:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/politics/dc-metropolitan-police-officer-suicide-january-6-capitol-riot/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/03/kyle-defreytag-us-capitol-attack-police-officer-dies

But none in Congress, where blood rolls off a duck's back.

Edited by David Andrews

On Friday, the House oversight committee released notes of a 27 December telephone call from Trump to then acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen, in which Trump told Rosen: “Just say the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R congressmen.” The notes were taken by Richard Donoghue, Rosen’s deputy, who was also on the call.

The release of these notes has barely made a stir. The weekend news was filled with more immediate things – infrastructure! The Delta strain! Inflation! Wildfires! In light of everything else going on, Trump’s bizarre efforts in the last weeks of his presidency seem wearily irrelevant. Didn’t we already know how desperate he was?

In a word, no. This revelation is hugely important.

Rosen obviously rejected Trump’s request. But what if Rosen had obeyed Trump and said to the American public that the election was corrupt – and then “left the rest” to Trump and the Republican congressmen? What would Trump’s and the Republicans’ next moves have been? And which Republican congressmen were in cahoots with Trump in this attempted coup d’état?

14 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

On Friday, the House oversight committee released notes of a 27 December telephone call from Trump to then acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen, in which Trump told Rosen: “Just say the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R congressmen.” The notes were taken by Richard Donoghue, Rosen’s deputy, who was also on the call.

The release of these notes has barely made a stir. The weekend news was filled with more immediate things – infrastructure! The Delta strain! Inflation! Wildfires! In light of everything else going on, Trump’s bizarre efforts in the last weeks of his presidency seem wearily irrelevant. Didn’t we already know how desperate he was?

In a word, no. This revelation is hugely important.

Rosen obviously rejected Trump’s request. But what if Rosen had obeyed Trump and said to the American public that the election was corrupt – and then “left the rest” to Trump and the Republican congressmen? What would Trump’s and the Republicans’ next moves have been? And which Republican congressmen were in cahoots with Trump in this attempted coup d’état?

Pete,

As it turned out, Trump didn't really need Rosen's help to convince his cult that the election was corrupt, and that they needed to march on the Capitol to block the certification of Biden's election on January 6th.

He had ample sales support from the right wing media and Republican members of Congress.

And now his favorite GOP sales associates are pushing the narrative that Trump's January 6th coup attempt was really a "Deep State" plot involving FBI informants (whose information, obviously, failed to protect Congress from the attempted coup!)

War is peace.  Freedom is slavery.  Terrorists are tourists.

GOP's Ron Johnson bashed as 'shock jock' over latest Capitol riot conspiracy theory

https://www.rawstory.com/ron-johnson-capitol-riot-2654380029/

Edited by W. Niederhut

4 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I've come to think of Jane Mayer as a national treasure.  The video at the end of this article is even more informative than it.  The original article in New Yorker goes much deeper.  Well worth reading.

The Big Money Behind the Big Lie | The New Yorker

I'd never heard of Baby Q receiving messages from his future self.  Or of the Bradley Foundation.

On 8/3/2021 at 5:11 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Pete,

As it turned out, Trump didn't really need Rosen's help to convince his cult that the election was corrupt, and that they needed to march on the Capitol to block the certification of Biden's election on January 6th.

He had ample sales support from the right wing media and Republican members of Congress.

And now his favorite GOP sales associates are pushing the narrative that Trump's January 6th coup attempt was really a "Deep State" plot involving FBI informants (whose information, obviously, failed to protect Congress from the attempted coup!)

War is peace.  Freedom is slavery.  Terrorists are tourists.

GOP's Ron Johnson bashed as 'shock jock' over latest Capitol riot conspiracy theory

https://www.rawstory.com/ron-johnson-capitol-riot-2654380029/

Well, apparently everything is under divine control.

'The evil is revealing itself': Mike Lindell explains why God kicked Trump out of the White House