The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could Lisa Murkowski change her mind about not voting to impeach the "Inciter in Chief?"

In the Capital Building hallway interview video below, she seemed very shaken by the Democratic manager's Trump charging presentation. She described the presentation with it's very thorough and well thought out "all the pieces put together" time line layout as very "damning" and "disturbing."

She sounded and even looked much more upset and disturbed about the riot event and Trump's culpability in this than previously.

Murkowski was in the Capital Building hearing chamber when it was attacked. She personally felt the great fear her fellow congressmembers felt.

I think the highly emotional sharing of the true traumatizing power of the Trump crazies attack by her bonded-by-fear colleagues and their much more informative and revealing "factual" presentation of Trump's inciting culpability (which it's well thought out "time line" facts greatly bolstered ) touched Murkowski's sense of greater outrage over the entire event and Trump's part in it.

Murkowski has expressed bi-partisan non-Trump blind loyalty sentiments before but in the end she went the Trump way, so I don't really expect her to vote for impeachment.

Yet, in this interview she sure "sounded" like she was more outraged about Trump's inciting culpability in the Capital Building attack affair than she was before the trial.

Who knows, maybe the impeachment vote will be 57/43 in the end?

With Murkowski switching sides?

Edited by Joe Bauer

Tuberville comments help fuel House case against Trump

By KYLE CHENEY and ANDREW DESIDERIO 02/11/2021

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/11/trump-impeachment-trial-day-3-468588

“Sen. Tommy Tuberville revealed late Wednesday that he spoke to then-President Donald Trump on Jan. 6, just as a violent mob closed in on the Senate, and informed Trump that then-Vice President Mike Pence had just been evacuated from the chamber.

I said ‘Mr. President, they just took the vice president out, I’ve got to go,'” the Alabama Republican told POLITICO on Capitol Hill, saying he cut the phone call short amid the chaos.

House managers say the Trump-Tuberville call took place shortly after 2 p.m. Pence was evacuated from the chamber at about 2:15 p.m., and Trump sent his tweet attacking Pence at 2:24 p.m. The entire Senate was cleared by about 2:30 p.m.

...the call occurred at virtually the same moment Trump fired off a tweet attacking Pence for lacking “courage” to unilaterally attempt to overturn the presidential election results — a tweet that came after Pence and his family were rushed from the Senate chamber. “

"Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution," Trump said.

Trump knew that Pence was in danger, and wasn’t even in the Chamber to affect any change..

The rioters responded by shouting, “Hang Mike Pence”! “Hang Mike Pence”!

Don’t tell me Trump wasn’t calling the shots. He deliberately tried to have Mike Pence killed.

Steve Thomas

Former US President Donald Trump’s handshake with French President Emmanuel Macron was likened to a “primitive jungle scene”  in an article by James Crump in "The Independent".

I would have loved to see Trump assert his "alpha male" dominance during a handshake with either Arnold Swarzenegger or even former governor Jesse Ventura.

11 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/08/business/media/maxine-cheshire-dead.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage&fbclid=IwAR1LI8nwrr9s94JTrkm-721iYA7nLtx8fQlLrRYRx-lBlIKFIa1MK_e2m7Q

Maxine Cheshire was rotten. She tried to sabotage my Bush CIA/Kennedy assassination research in Texas, but I outfoxed her. You'll see in this obit what John and Jacqueline Kennedy thought of her.

Joseph,

Is there a reference for your "Bush CIA/Kennedy assassination research in Texas?"

Doug, I witnessed this. The presentation was becoming so compelling, I immediately thought: "How is Fox News going to spin this?" So I  turned to Fox News and there was "The 5"  with the caption on top "Firestorm after NBA halts the National Anthem" and Guttfield mentioned something about Mark Cuban.

I'm seeing a mimicking of Tucker Carlson's new round of "covid hoax" surfacing here as well as in other sights, almost like clockwork! It resembled Trumps mimicking of Fox in his tweets and public statements during his Presidency.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

11 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/08/business/media/maxine-cheshire-dead.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage&fbclid=IwAR1LI8nwrr9s94JTrkm-721iYA7nLtx8fQlLrRYRx-lBlIKFIa1MK_e2m7Q

Maxine Cheshire was rotten. She tried to sabotage my Bush CIA/Kennedy assassination research in Texas, but I outfoxed her. You'll see in this obit what John and Jacqueline Kennedy thought of her.

I agree with you about Maxine Cheshire. She was mean and nasty and these aspects about her are intimated in the Times' article. One of her closest friends was Washington, D.C police detective Carl Shoffler, who was assigned by military intelligence to the police department about the same time that military intelligence assigned Bob Woodward to the Washington Post. Shoffler arrested the Watergate burglars on June 17, 1972, because he had been tipped off two weeks in advance of the planned break-in by police confidential informant Robert Merritt. Shoffler was parked in his police car a block away from the Watergate complex waiting for the Watergate security guard to call the police. Shoffler was the real Deep Throat and worked closely with Woodward to orchestrate Nixon's downfall.

Maxine Cheshire wrote a front page Washington Post article in 1976 about me in which she linked me to the Koreagate Scandal about which I knew nothing. I was never even interviewed by the prosecutors or asked to appear before the grand jury. I was interviewed by the House Committee that was investigating the scandal but the committee dropped any interest in me when I told them that I viewed their effort as one to cover--up the nigherups. House Speaker Tip Oneal was a key figure in the scandal but his role was never exposed.

Many Years later after I had moved to Houston Chesthire telephoned me out the blue and said that she also now lived in Houston and wanted to talk to me about John Dean as part of the lawsuit against Lyn Colodny and St. Martin's Press, the publisher of Silent Coup. Once again from this episode  I learned how mean and nasty she could be. I devote a chapter about all of this in my 2018 autobiography, Being There: Eyewitness to History.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

28 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I agree with you about Maxine Cheshire. She was mean and nasty and these aspects about her are intimated in the Times' article. One of her closest friends was Washington, D.C police detective Carl Shoffler, who was assigned by military intelligence to the police department about the same time that military intelligence assigned Bob Woodward to the Washington Post. Shoffler arrested the Watergate burglars on June 17, 1972, because he had been tipped off two weeks in advance of the planned break-in by police confidential informant Robert Merritt. Shoffler was parked in his police car a block away from the Watergate complex waiting for the Watergate security guard to call the police. Shoffler was the real Deep Throat and worked closely with Woodward to orchestrate Nixon's downfall.

Maxine Cheshire wrote a front page Washington Post article in 1976 about me in which she linked me to the Koreagate Scandal about which I knew nothing. I was never even interviewed by the prosecutors or asked to appear before the grand jury. I was interviewed by the House Committee that was investigating the scandal but the committee dropped any interest in me when I told them that I viewed their effort as one to cover--up the nigherups. House Speaker Tip Oneal was a key figure in the scandal but his role was never exposed.

Many Years later after I had moved to Houston Chesthire telephoned me out the blue and said that she also now lived in Houston and wanted to talk to me about John Dean as part of the lawsuit against Lyn Colodny and St. Martin's Press, the publisher of Silent Coup. Once again from this episode  I learned how mean and nasty she could be. I devote a chapter about all of this in my 2018 autobiography, Being There: Eyewitness to History.

This is a fascinating new character story.

I will post more questions later, but she sounds like a meaner, more ruthless version of Dorothy Kilgallen.

Read this one, actually two stories.  Talk about incriminating.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/11/politics/oath-keeper-justice-trump-capitol/index.html

Again, in any normal trial, without the jurors being worried about being primaried out, Trump would be convicted.

Here is another story. https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/impeachment-trial-trump/

The Democrats presentation is so effective, that its doing what I wanted it to do: it will expose teh GOP for what it is by not voting to remove. Very well done I think.

Edited by James DiEugenio

I watched the impeachment on CNN today.  Afterwards they were talking about the defense.  That it will be brought up that if impeachment should pass some Republican Senators voting for it might have to go into hiding for their own safety.  Also that impeachment will inflame the base and bring about more violence as a result.

6 hours ago, Paul Rigby said:

I had to get to 1:29 when the lies started.  The guy on the right conflated the “cross partisan” effort to ensure a free and fair election with the post-election pushback against Trump’s lies about the election.

The 2020 election removed one of the vestiges of Jim Crow by allowing blacks equal access to the ballot.  That’s why white supremacists’ heads are exploding.

Molly Ball baited the Trumpistanis when she ironically referred to the Good Government effort by the AFl-CIO and the Chamber of Commerce as a “conspiracy” by a “cabal.”

The Trumpistani media are going crazy over it.

Popcorn, anyone...

Edited by Cliff Varnell