• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Speaking of Pelosi:

Taiwan left off Pelosi's public trip itinerary amid warnings

First, Pelosi said she would visit Taiwan, to show solidarity.

Xi rattled his saber. Pelosi backed down. 

There was a time people would have screamed that Pelosi "projected American weakness.” 

But I think China has created schizophrenia in the US foreign policy establishment. Lots of very big companies do business with China, and do not want to upset the Apple cart (note the clever capitalization). 

But other foreign policy apparatchiks want to be “strong” against communism.

And Xi is an ugly leader, willing to build concentration camps and militarize the South China Sea. 

Coming: A Pelosi fist-bump with Xi? 

Thoughts? Stay tuned. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I wonder if unflattering photos of Biden and Biden-supporters is the type of persuasive argument needed in this forum. 

That kind of act would bias me against the POSTER of the images, rather than the SUBJECT of the images. 

You seem to think that those who oppose Trump think Biden is the best thing since sliced bread. I can only speak for myself, but that's a LONG way from how I view the current POTUS. I simply think he's better than Trump. That's not a tall hurdle to leap.

Oh, and just for the record...I voted for John Anderson, and I voted for H. Ross Perot [the first time he ran]. So don't assume that I'm some sort of hard-core Democrat.

I think the "deep state" is owned by the oligarchy. From that perspective, Trump's acts as President favored the "deep state."

But of course, you're entitled to your own opinion as well. 

8 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Speaking of Pelosi:

Taiwan left off Pelosi's public trip itinerary amid warnings

First, Pelosi said she would visit Taiwan, to show solidarity.

Xi rattled his saber. Pelosi backed down. 

There was a time people would have screamed that Pelosi "projected American weakness.” 

But I think China has created schizophrenia in the US foreign policy establishment. Lots of very big companies do business with China, and do not want to upset the Apple cart (note the clever capitalization). 

But other foreign policy apparatchiks want to be “strong” against communism.

And Xi is an ugly leader, willing to build concentration camps and militarize the South China Sea. 

Coming: A Pelosi fist-bump with Xi? 

Thoughts? Stay tuned. 

From the news I saw all last week, Pelosi was bound and determined to make the visit to Taiwan, MUCH to the consternation of State Department "experts" who said that with Xi in a muscle-flexing mood, a Pelosi visit would be seen as a "provocation."

In light of that, with one superpower mired in a war in the Ukraine, it doesn't seem prudent to "provoke" another one with China. I believe someone within the administration "prevailed" upon Pelosi to change her mind for the sake of world peace. So I don't see "a Pelosi fist-bump with Xi" occurring within my lifetime.

But you're entitled to your own opinion.

3 minutes ago, Mark Knight said:

From the news I saw all last week, Pelosi was bound and determined to make the visit to Taiwan, MUCH to the consternation of State Department "experts" who said that with Xi in a muscle-flexing mood, a Pelosi visit would be seen as a "provocation."

In light of that, with one superpower mired in a war in the Ukraine, it doesn't seem prudent to "provoke" another one with China. I believe someone within the administration "prevailed" upon Pelosi to change her mind for the sake of world peace. So I don't see "a Pelosi fist-bump with Xi" occurring within my lifetime.

But you're entitled to your own opinion.

I only asked if we could expect a Pelosi-Xi fist-bump. 

Biden was pondering a trip to Beijing, though I think Biden's C19 situation has put the kibosh on that. Evidently, Biden has relapsed even after Paxlovid treatment.

I hope Biden recovers soon, and I wish illness on no one. 

But we might have seen a Biden-Xi handshake. 

Tough call---when to appease lurid foreign dictators, and when to confront. 

For decades, appeasement has defined US relations with China and Saudi Arabia--see the Biden fist-bump, for latest example. And Pelosi's mid-air u-turn before landing in Taipei. 

And Trump said he was a "friend" of Xi. Although Trump did levy tariffs on China imports. 

Interesting topic. 

4 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

And Trump said he was a "friend" of Xi. Although Trump did levy tariffs on China imports. 

Interesting topic. 

Tariffs paid, of course, by AMERICANS, not China. Want to place tariffs that will cost China? Make them EXPORT tariffs they must pay for American goods. Yes, I understand that would hamper US industrial production and sales to China. But that's the only way CHINA pays the tariffs. [Yes, I realize that Americans would pay for the CONSEQUENCES of export tariffs. I understand how it works.]

Placing tariffs on IMPORTS from China costs AMERICANS more. China doesn't pay a damn dime. And YOU should know that. Since US consumers are addicted to cheap Chinese goods, that raises prices for the same goods. Y'know what THAT'S called?

INFLATION.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:38 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Was inflation created?  For profit and propaganda purposes?

Oil companies earn record-shattering profits as high prices squeeze consumers (msn.com)

Since Mark brought up tariffs and inflation, there are multiple causes.  That 2015 law screwed us all.

This hits me hard.

Texans see skyrocketing energy bills as state exports more natural gas | The Texas Tribune

3 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

Tariffs paid, of course, by AMERICANS, not China. Want to place tariffs that will cost China? Make them EXPORT tariffs they must pay for American goods. Yes, I understand that would hamper US industrial production and sales to China. But that's the only way CHINA pays the tariffs. [Yes, I realize that Americans would pay for the CONSEQUENCES of export tariffs. I understand how it works.]

Placing tariffs on IMPORTS from China costs AMERICANS more. China doesn't pay a damn dime. And YOU should know that. Since US consumers are addicted to cheap Chinese goods, that raises prices for the same goods. Y'know what THAT'S called?

INFLATION.

I disagree with you on this one. 

Whether tariffs, or any taxes, are paid by consumers or producers depend on the what the econ guys call the elasticity of demand. 

In the demand for China goods is inelastic, then the tariffs will largely be borne by consumers.

If the demand is elastic, then by producers. The evidence is that China producers "ate the tariffs." 

Inflation was rather low after the tariffs were enacted. 

The globalists love "free trade" and open borders. 

Detroit-ification of America has been the result. 

Whether you are a Bidenite or a Trumper, or red or blue, surely we can question this heavy reliance on nations such as Russia and China for vital goods and commodities. 

I advocate a migration away from reliance on anything from communist China. We are a couple decades in, and it will take a couple decades out. 

What is spooky about this present situation is how deeply into bed with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) are the American ruling elites. 

Apple, Disney, the NBA, GM, BlackRock, NBC-Universal, Tesla, Walmart...you name it.  

The globalists love China. 

Looks like Nancy Pelosi will kow-tow to Xi, and not visit Taiwan. 

With the furor over the missing Secret Service text messages, I read that the SS used radio instead. So where are the Dispatcher Tapes?

We look at the Dallas Police Department's radio Dispatcher's tapes all the time, and we even have Air Force One's tapes from after JFK's assassination, so where are the Secret Service radio tapes from January 5 and 6?

Steve Thomas

52 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

With the furor over the missing Secret Service text messages, I read that the SS used radio instead. So where are the Dispatcher Tapes?

We look at the Dallas Police Department's radio Dispatcher's tapes all the time, and we even have Air Force One's tapes from after JFK's assassination, so where are the Secret Service radio tapes from January 5 and 6?

Steve Thomas

So logical a question.

Hell have no fury than the rage of the "conspiracy woke!"
This is just in Ben's last 4 or 5 posts!

Ben: Biden tests positive for COVID again, will return to isolation--CBS

Ben : Biden was of course,the chair or ranking member of the Senate Foreign Relations committee for 12 years.

In shorthand, Biden is a Deep State apparatchik, and acted accordingly during the Obama Administration.  

Mother Jones used to write stories like this: 

"How Joe Biden helped build a financial system that’s great for Delaware banks and terrible for the rest of us."

OK, so Biden is Wall Street's guy, and a globalist.  Well, so says Mother Jones. 

;

You see, it says it right here. I just looked it up and Mother Jones is really really left, like you guys! So you can't deny it!
It's...It's... the Donks!.....and the Deep State Shadow Government... Don't you even see? (dramatization)

Kirk: I just checked a more recent Mother Jones, not in 2019, before Biden was elected but last year. You know what the headline was. "Banks really don't like Biden's push to make it easier to move your money". Ben was fishing for something older.

Ben: Are you aware that Mother Jones defined Biden as a lackey for commercial banks? 

I provided a link.

OK, so Biden is Wall Street's guy, and a globalist.  Well, so says Mother Jones. 

Ben:We should not ponder if a special prosecutor is required on the Hunter Biden case? 
The fact that 'Phant coverage of Biden is abysmal and a mirror of Donk coverage of Trump...means the Biden family is absolved in advance of any investigation?

Citing Ben's source, Mother Jones. They've recently published 2 articles about the Hunter Biden laptop and Steve Banon openly admitting on tape that they've deliberately spread scandalous false claims about it's contents.

"In leaked messages previously uncovered by Mother Jones, Guo directed subordinates in detail on how to post and distribute material from Biden’s laptop. He further instructed them to spread false claims about the material: First, he told them to say the files included images of Hunter Biden with underage Chinese girls. There is no evidence at all supporting this allegation. Second, Guo told subordinates to claim that the Chinese government had obtained the material and used it to blackmail Hunter and his father, Joe Biden."  

Enters Mark,  attempting to calm Ben down. Perhaps trying to convince Ben all his rage might be a bit misdirected at us?
Mark: You seem to think that those who oppose Trump think Biden is the best thing since sliced bread. I can only speak for myself, but that's a LONG way from how I view the current POTUS. I simply think he's better than Trump. That's not a tall hurdle to leap.

But Then!

Ben: Biden was pondering a trip to Beijing, though I think Biden's C19 situation has put the kibosh on that. Evidently, Biden has relapsed even after Paxlovid treatment.

I hope Biden recovers soon, and I wish illness on no one. 

But we might have seen a Biden-Xi handshake!

Coming: A Pelosi fist-bump with Xi?!!!! 

Thoughts? Stay tuned!!! 

What is spooky about this present situation is how deeply into bed with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) are the American ruling elites! 

Apple, Disney, the NBA, GM, BlackRock, NBC-Universal, Tesla, Walmart...you name it.  

The globalists love China! 

Looks like Nancy Pelosi will kow-tow to Xi, and not visit Taiwan! 

Are you absolutely sure you're ok, Ben? 

"  

Lauren Boebert: Venezuela dog eating 'started because they do not have firearms'

by David Edwards

https://www.rawstory.com/lauren-boebert-dog-eating/

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) said that a lack of firearms is to blame for the practice of eating dogs in Venezuela.

During an interview on Newsmax with host Sebastian Gorka, Boebert recalled how she had confronted Democratic politician Beto O'Rourke after he suggested that assault-style weapons should be banned.

"I was compelled to go to him because I saw that a disarmed populace -- if the citizenry in America is disarmed then we are no longer citizens, we are subjects," Boebert said. "You know here in America we have gourmet treats for puppies. We have these amazing groomers for dogs."

In Venezuela, they eat the dogs and it started because they do not have firearms to protect themselves, to defend themselves against a tyrannical government,” she added.”

She knows all that stuff.

Steve Thomas

Just now, Steve Thomas said:

Lauren Boebert: Venezuela dog eating 'started because they do not have firearms'

by David Edwards

https://www.rawstory.com/lauren-boebert-dog-eating/

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) said that a lack of firearms is to blame for the practice of eating dogs in Venezuela.

During an interview on Newsmax with host Sebastian Gorka, Boebert recalled how she had confronted Democratic politician Beto O'Rourke after he suggested that assault-style weapons should be banned.

"I was compelled to go to him because I saw that a disarmed populace -- if the citizenry in America is disarmed then we are no longer citizens, we are subjects," Boebert said. "You know here in America we have gourmet treats for puppies. We have these amazing groomers for dogs."

In Venezuela, they eat the dogs and it started because they do not have firearms to protect themselves, to defend themselves against a tyrannical government,” she added.”

She knows all that stuff.

Steve Thomas

Crazy...absolutely crazy!

This is just more maddening absurdities that the Trump enablers, followers and promoters are continually still throwing out there...and that clearly reinforces the reality that we are in a serious nation direction and controlling wrestling match with forces that are in the grip of a dangerously misguided and even delusional mind set.