The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

11 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Thank GOD!  It would have been a loooooong 6 years to be represented by a running back that doesn't even know what a pronoun is, much less the duties of a US Senator...  And doesn't even live in GA.  I was afraid that, like in an op ed penned by a fellow Georgian, I would have to watch "Deliverance" on auto replay until I could understand my fellow citizens.  We still have MTG to try to live down for 2 more years.

While I'm quoting you I'll chime in on your forum pic as well.  I think it was an excellent idea to update the picture.  I second the comments made by Kirk.  Hope you are getting better each day and have renewed good health.

Right on! Congratulations, Richard! I notice Warnock is up by 60k, where I believe in the first election he won by only 35K.

This is as I predicted at the beginning of the year. If the Dems could hold on to the Senate, Trump is effectively now a loser to the Republican Party. His candidacy in 2024 can only fracture the Republicans further. They are going go pay bitterly for their lack of spine and courage.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

His candidacy in 2024 can only fracture the Republicans further. They are going go pay bitterly for their lack of spine and courage.

Yep.

More Dem victories ahead in 2024.

And the U.S. will come out the other side better because of it.

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

So Ben. You've now turned your stripes to Brett Stephens? Since you're not familiar with him, you might research his background? I know you'll take interest in his latest article! Maybe I can entice you to read with some teasers?

Brett Stephens:

ARE We (The U.S.) SLEEPWALKING THROUGH THE DECISIVE DECADE?

Stephens:Costs: The United States, goes a common talking point, spends more on defense than the next nine nations combined. That’s true but misleading. It doesn’t take into account significant American disadvantages in purchasing power and personnel costs. One example: A U.S. Marine private can make about as much in salary and benefits as a Chinese general.

Wow! Given the fact that we pay higher wages, do you think maybe we should cut the Marine wages and maybe then expend more on Defense then the only the next 8 countries combined?

Also, I thought you were present when we discussed cutting Defense by half, probably a dozen boring times. I guess we were just barking at the moon? Well anyway, I know you were quite the Ukraine hawk but,  sorry to see you go.

Stephens:Trends: Military spending as a percentage of gross domestic product, at around 3 percent, is well below the plus-4 percent average of the past 50 years. It will continue to fall for the next decade, according to projections from the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, and more of the funding will be eaten up by inflation.

Stephens:Readiness: The Air Force is short by about 1,650 pilots. The Army is short by roughly 30,000 recruits. More than half of America’s bombers were built during the Kennedy administration.

Wow, I didn't know that, chalk another one up for JFK!

Stephens: These issues are compounded by public neglect! During the Cold War, defense problems were major political issues, so people paid attention. 

Definitely, the Cold War were the good old days!

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/06/opinion/military-defense-spending.html?campaign_id=255&emc=edit_ntbs_20221207&instance_id=79491&nl=bret-s

Kirk:

The fact that Brett Stephens disagrees with me on military outlays...does not mean he is wrong on every other observation he ever made.

His opinions on military spending are establishment viewpoints, btw, Donk and 'Phant. 

People of different political stripes---Taibbi, Greenwald, Stephens---concur that Russiagate was a hoax. 

I suspect all three hold their nose at Trump, but reporting the truth is an obligation.

If Trump was the target of elaborate witch-hunt, then he was. That does not make Trump a nice guy.

I hope Trump retires. I am bored with Trump. Bored talking about Trump.

Looking for a political party that has a new and better agenda. 

Biden just stomped on railroad workers, btw. 

A twitter fan....

Twitter comes of age

by  Tyler Cowen December 6, 2022 at 3:23 am in 

Twitter has reached some all-time highs in the last month.  The first was the coverage of FTX/SBF.  Some of the early MSM coverage was oddly exculpatory, while other pieces seemed pedestrian.  On Twitter, AutismCapital and others tore up a storm.  Every day one learned something exciting, almost unbelievable, and new.  I learned new words such as “polycule.”

The other issue is ChatGPT.  At least as of yesterday (when I composed this post), the NYT hadn’t had a single story about it, and I believe the same is true for WaPo.  There is Bloomberg, which in general is on top of things, and also I have heard of a single Guardian piece.  Wake up people!

Yet every day my Twitter is drenched in ChatGPT, whether analysis or actual chats.  I have learned so much so quickly, and so many other world events seem to have slowed to a crawl.

More than any other time, if you are not on Twitter, you just don’t know what is going on.

The Dems needed Warnock's senate seat to negate Joe Manchin.

Machin is in reality a Republican. 

NOW...they've got the real majority.

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

A twitter fan....

Twitter comes of age

by  Tyler Cowen December 6, 2022 at 3:23 am in 

Twitter has reached some all-time highs in the last month.  The first was the coverage of FTX/SBF.  Some of the early MSM coverage was oddly exculpatory, while other pieces seemed pedestrian.  On Twitter, AutismCapital and others tore up a storm.  Every day one learned something exciting, almost unbelievable, and new.  I learned new words such as “polycule.”

The other issue is ChatGPT.  At least as of yesterday (when I composed this post), the NYT hadn’t had a single story about it, and I believe the same is true for WaPo.  There is Bloomberg, which in general is on top of things, and also I have heard of a single Guardian piece.  Wake up people!

Yet every day my Twitter is drenched in ChatGPT, whether analysis or actual chats.  I have learned so much so quickly, and so many other world events seem to have slowed to a crawl.

More than any other time, if you are not on Twitter, you just don’t know what is going on.

?????

Cowen: "More than any other time, if you are not on Twitter, you just don’t know what is going on!"

Thank you for that commercial! So you're on the twitter payroll now Ben?

Again, I notice your source. Tyler Cowen..

"Cowen argues that free markets change culture for the better, allowing them to evolve into something more people want."

Sounds like a real globalist! So i guess with Brett Stephens and now Cowen that whole idea of being anti Defense, NSS and anti Globalist thing was just a passing fad for you? I guess I just can't keep up with your changes.

You could ask actual users. I have a twitter account. I accounted here recently that I received a daily story from my twitter feed about sports, and I opened the article up and was greeted with a slough of agitated Glenn Greenwald tweets, and then experienced a number of pop ups from the King himself, Elon Musk. I don't like a stacked deck, and I don't need either of their corporate indoctrinations like you've just posted. Thank you!

And if i understood this right , Mark got greeted by none other than Kyle Rittenhouse on his twitter feed! We accounted this to you. Is this at all significant? Certainly not as much as the latest globalist Musk fanboy you can find on your computer?

17 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

?????

Cowen: "More than any other time, if you are not on Twitter, you just don’t know what is going on!"

Thank you for that commercial! So you're on the twitter payroll now Ben?

Again, I notice your source. Tyler Cowen..

"Cowen argues that free markets change culture for the better, allowing them to evolve into something more people want."

Sounds like a real globalist! So i guess with Brett Stephens and now Cowen that whole idea of being anti Defense, NSS and anti Globalist thing was just a passing fad for you? I guess I just can't keep up with your changes.

You could ask actual users. I have a twitter account. I accounted here recently that I received a daily story from my twitter feed about sports, and I opened the article up and was greeted with a slough of agitated Glenn Greenwald tweets, and then experienced a number of pop ups from the King himself, Elon Musk. I don't like a stacked deck, and I don't need either of their corporate indoctrinations like you've just posted. Thank you!

And if i understood this right , Mark got greeted by none other than Kyle Rittenhouse on his twitter feed! We accounted this to you. Is this at all significant? Certainly not as much as the latest globalist Musk fanboy you can find on your computer?

I'm having a giggle that Kirk is A'OK with Fascism as long as it censors his ideological enemies!

I guess @Cliff Varnellis hiding out since he got debunked on the no Government Collusion with Big Tech aka Fascism, The rest of the story is the Lawyer involved with the Russia Collusion Hoax censored the release!! 

Edited by Matthew Koch

4 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

I guess @Cliff Varnellis hiding out 

I turned down the invitation to live rent free in Matthew’s head — all the genitalia pics are off-putting.

4 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

Edited by Mark Knight
uncouth term for genitalia edited

22 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I turned down the invitation to live rent free in Matthew’s head — all the genitalia pics are off-putting.

I know you live in SF but what does that have to do with the FBI censoring free speech, for a know it all you seem to be rather ignorant that it's not just Hunter Biden with Prostutiates and under aged women..

Most of it is emails and financials and text messages. Like Kirk Cliff is okay with fascism as long as it sensors his ideological adversaries.. funny fascist don't like free speech either 

I requested a song for you..

On 11/21/2022 at 12:04 PM, W. Niederhut said:

As a psychiatrist who occasionally had to assess and manage homicide risks during my career, this is the kind of thing that really sticks in my craw.  Time and time again, these angry young mass shooters in the U.S. (almost all male) seem to slip through the cracks, even when obvious red flags were waving.

If we had a functional, adequately-funded mental healthcare system in the U.S., these angry young men--from any socio-economic stratum-- who make homicide threats would be carefully evaluated and monitored over time, and, certainly, not allowed to buy guns!

Our American society never seems to learn anything useful from these recurrent mass shootings.  And, I might add, an inability to learn from mistakes is one working definition of stupidity.

For those interested in the subject of our epidemic of mass shootings in the U.S., there's some disturbing information emerging in the case of the Club Q mass shooter from Colorado Springs, Anderson Lee Aldrich.

The red flags were even worse than I thought.

As it turns out, the young man had threatened to kill his grandparents in June of 2021 if they moved to Florida-- because, as he told them, he needed to use their basement to stockpile weapons and body armor so that he could become a mass shooter!!

So, what happened?

The grandparents fled, called 911, and the cops came to the home, where Aldrich threatened to blow up the building, a standoff which he livestreamed on Facebook.

The neighborhood was evacuated, and guns and bomb making materials were found on the premises.

Charges were mysteriously "dropped," and the Republican El Paso County Sheriff refused to confiscate the guns-- in violation of Colorado's red flag laws.

The grandparents moved to Florida.  Mom hired a lawyer, and there was, apparently, no further intervention by law enforcement.  The details are sealed.

Club Q shooting: Dropped 2021 case foretold bloodbath (denverpost.com)

Edited by W. Niederhut