The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

34 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

“[Bilal] Al-Sudani was responsible for fostering the growing presence of ISIS in Africa and for funding the group’s operations worldwide, including in Afghanistan,” Austin said.

---30---

Making friends globally. Biden just had some guy in Somalia killed.

Why do you call him "some guy" Ben? Don't you believe his name is Bilal Al-Sudani?  Or that he was doing what the news report said he was doing? Or that killing him was important, justified, and effective at fighting global terrorism?

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

I don't know about you guys, but I don't lie on dates to impress the person I'm meeting.. This is the best ending to the Project Veritas catching Pfizer person saying that they are basically doing the "Gain of Function Research" and calling it covid evolution. 

21 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I hope my daughter does so well. Or a fraction thereof.

She's only twelve years old and recently drew this:

angry_red_dog.jpg

This is the only photo of her drawings that I have, otherwise I would have posted a more benign one. She draws ones like this to help her cope with some mean kids who bully her.

Sandy, 90% of senior high school art class students cannot draw as well as your daughter.

And, it isn't just the line work...it is her ability to capture her desired emotional expression of powerful fear and danger so effectively metaphorically.

A vicious looking, sharp teeth baring, threatening beast!

Her ability to show physical muscle tension in the beast and even her choice and use of color ( very high energy/raging angry reddish orange) just adds to the heightened dramatic effect.

It's one thing to draw a fairly life like image of a living animal or human. Especially their faces and eyes. It's another to capture strong emotion in their facial expressions.

This color drawing of your daughter reveals not only more inner artistic ability and drive to create such work than most, but also reveals how powerful the effect of bullying can be on a child.

On the same level as that of a nightmarish monster at their heels in an awful dream...only the dream is real life!

One incident of bullying in school can be so traumatizing to the victim they never forget it. If it's bad enough or occurs over a long period, it can damage their inner core sense of well-being and self-esteem to serious post traumatic stress mental and physical health crisis levels for the rest of their lives.

When a bully does their thing on another person, especially in front of others, it "humiliates" the target victim.

Being pushed, hit, insulted, made fun of and not being able to fight back because the bullies are almost always bigger and stronger and to know others are seeing this as it happens...has to be one of the most damaging things a child can experience and that one human being can do to another, especially in childhood.

I bullied other children 2 or three times in my elementary school years. In a horrible way.

I regret doing so to this day. To degrees that for the rest of my life (when I remember the incidents and the pain and humiliating hurt look on their faces ) I feel I should pay a karmic price doing so. 

Hope your daughter expresses herself through creative art as much as she can.

Even if it isn't described as talented.

We put too much emphasis on that term sometimes I think.

Even stick figure drawings and finger painting can be wonderful, meaningful and eye pleasing or thought provoking works of art.

Too bad most of our public schools have cut funding for art and music classes and other creative endeavor outlets such as theater for our children.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Anybody read the New York Times piece on the Durham investigation? Doesn't look kindly on Barr and Durham, painting them as zealots chasing wild geese that were all nothingburgers.

This was a gift link someone left on Twitter. Not sure it will work:

https://nyti.ms/3HeA9Ps

12 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Why do you call him "some guy" Ben? Don't you believe his name is Bilal Al-Sudani?  Or that he was doing what the news report said he was doing? Or that killing him was important, justified, and effective at fighting global terrorism?

SL--

Sorry, I was being sarcastic, which does not always survive the cold medium of print. 

Actually the Biden-directed strike in Somalia killed 10 men, in addition to Bilal Al-Sudani, whoever he is. 

I say "some guy"...well, remember, on Biden's watch, the US killed an innocent family of 10 in Kabul in the waning days of the Afcrapistan war? At first, the story is they were the guys who killed 13 US soldiers a few weeks previously. 

I also say "some guy," since when is it the US mission to get involved in Somalia? 

And by being involved and killing those 11 men, I reasonably assume we have made lifelong and bitter enemies of anyone who knew those 10 men...their families, friends, compadres, etc. These foreign entanglements are like tar-babies. 

How many years has the US been assassinating people in Somalia? Seems like forever. 

Is there no nation on Earth into which the US will not stick its nose (at taxpayer expense)?  

Edited by Benjamin Cole

Interesting story on state propaganda being transmitted through US media by an organization named "Hamilton 68." 

Matt Taibbi, through his research on Twitter files, has uncovered that what Hamilton 68 defined as "Russian bots" or other Moscow online assets were not. 

Hamilton 68 was and is a computerized “dashboard” designed to be used by reporters and academics to measure “Russian disinformation”. It was the brainchild of former FBI agent (and current MSNBC “disinformation expert”) Clint Watts, and backed by the German Marshall Fund and the Alliance for Securing Democracy, a bipartisan think-tank. The latter’s advisory panel includes former acting CIA chief Michael Morell, former Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul, former Hillary for America chair John Podesta, and onetime Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol.---Taibbi, via Racket. 

Taibbi continues--

If one goes by volume alone, this oft-cited neoliberal think-tank that spawned hundreds of fraudulent headlines and TV news segments may go down as the single greatest case of media fabulism in American history. Virtually every major news organization in America is implicated, including NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times and the Washington Post. Mother Jones alone did at least 14 stories pegged to the group’s “research.” Even fact-checking sites like Politifact and Snopes cited Hamilton 68 as sources.---Taibbi 

It turns out that Twitter did an in-house review of Hamilton 68's claims about Russian on Twitter, and found the case was wildly overblown. 

Examining further, Twitter execs were shocked. The accounts Hamilton 68 claimed were linked to “Russian influence activities online” were not only overwhelmingly English-language (86%), but mostly “legitimate people,” largely in the U.S., Canada, and Britain. Grasping right away that Twitter might be implicated in a moral outrage, they wrote that these account-holders “need to know they’ve been unilaterally labeled Russian stooges without evidence or recourse.”

Add on, from Twitter:

Other comments in internal company emails:

“These accounts are neither strongly Russian nor strongly bots.”

“No evidence to support the statement that the dashboard is a finger on the pulse of Russian information ops.”

“Hardly evidence of a massive influence campaign.”

---30---

It appears the hyperventilating about Russian influence on the web is the result of another Russiagate hoax. 

Interestingly Michael Morell, the onetime acting CIA director, is part of a group that funded Hamilton 68. Morell authored an op-ed in the NYT that ran even before Trump was elected, in which he announced he was voting for HRC. 

Well, they play hardball in DC. If you can smear someone as a Russian stooge, then do it. If you can delegitimize a President as having won an election through Moscow influences, then do it. 

None of this makes Trump a nice guy. It is just the way the game is played in DC. 

https://www.racket.news/p/move-over-jayson-blair-meet-hamilton?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=1042&post_id=98759956&isFreemail=false&utm_medium=email

Taibbi calls Hamilton 68 a "media fraud." Surely, he is correct. 

5 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Anybody read the New York Times piece on the Durham investigation? Doesn't look kindly on Barr and Durham, painting them as zealots chasing wild geese that were all nothingburgers.

Yes I've been reading this Andrew. Of course this was an investigation into the investigators of Russia Gate that turned into a nothingburger..But Barr and Durham  came upon a tip from Italian officials into suspicious financial dealings about Trump, but trashed it. They team later  broke up apart over prosecutorial ethics with resignations.

Mr. Barr and Mr. Durham never disclosed that their inquiry expanded in the fall of 2019, based on a tip from Italian officials, to include a criminal investigation into suspicious financial dealings related to Mr. Trump. The specifics of the tip and how they handled the investigation remain unclear, but Mr. Durham brought no charges over it.

Mr. Durham used Russian intelligence memos — suspected by other U.S. officials of containing disinformation — to gain access to emails of an aide to George Soros, the financier and philanthropist who is a favorite target of the American right and Russian state media. Mr. Durham used grand jury powers to keep pursuing the emails even after a judge twice rejected his request for access to them. The emails yielded no evidence that Mr. Durham has cited in any case he pursued.

There were deeper internal fractures on the Durham team than previously known. The publicly unexplained resignation in 2020 of his No. 2 and longtime aide, Nora R. Dannehy, was the culmination of a series of disputes between them over prosecutorial ethics. A year later, two more prosecutors strongly objected to plans to indict a lawyer with ties to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign based on evidence they warned was too flimsy, and one left the team in protest of Mr. Durham’s decision to proceed anyway. (A jury swiftly acquitted the lawyer.)

I can't say I fully understand  all this guys connections .But he alleges Trump weaponized the Justice Department, and it's not just an ethical conflict but a criminal conflict. We'll see how this pans out.

Now more mainstream, msnbc is attacking Barr ethically but not criminally.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

5 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

AP--

Prosecutorial zeal can be a problem.

And we must assume all parties are innocent until and unless someone is convicted in a public court of law. 

I have no problem in stating the people prosecuted by Durham are entirely innocent of a crime. Exonerated, in fact. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole