The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

15 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I'm sad.

Paul Hornung died Friday.

He was 84.

Steve Thomas

What a player.  His 176 points in one season is amazing since it was done in just 12 games.  LT took 16 games to break it 46 years later.  In another season he scored over 140 points. 

He scored four TDs in one game and five in another. Talk about versatile: run, pass, throw, catch, block and placekick.  The great Doug Atkins said he was the best all around back he ever faced.

Great story, which may or may not be true: Lombardi was sick of fining Hornung and Max McGee for breaking curfew. So he said: one more time and I will fine you a thousand dollars. Which back then was astronomical, since good players were making maybe 30 G's.  Lombardi then added, and if you find anything so much fun its worth a thousand, call me first sand I'll go with you.

You can tell I was and am a Packer fan.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Wheeler's BS about the Wisconsin election results has been debunked. It was an error by the AP that they

quickly corrected, not an error by the Rock County ballot-counting staff. https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/2020/11/10/rock-county-wisconsin-election-glitch/

Edited by Joseph McBride

Secret intelligence exists that ‘would cast Trump in very negative light’, warns ex-FBI chief

‘It’s almost incomprehensible to me that he would want that information out,’ says Andrew McCabe

Secret intelligence on Trump and Russia has highest classification because of content

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-fbi-secret-intelligence-russia-b1722964.html?fbclid=IwAR0sCgUtmYLK2ZzSjxfITD2n3ORdkSdwvL7L793ccRmObIQqGB31hJkbdX4

Trump’s election fraud claims are blowing up ‘in spectacular fashion’ as judges humiliate his witnesses: report

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/trumps-election-fraud-claims-are-blowing-up-in-spectacular-fashion-as-judges-humiliate-his-witnesses-report/

Trump drove through his supporters in DC on his way to go golfing. He left them stranded there the way he left his supporters stranded in Omaha, NE, Butler, PA. and Tampa, FL.

He announced his election fight dream team. They are the Giuliani Ukrainian Mod Squad.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

“I look forward to Mayor Giuliani spearheading the legal effort to defend OUR RIGHT to FREE and FAIR ELECTIONS! Rudy Giuliani, Joseph diGenova, Victoria Toensing, Sidney Powell, and Jenna Ellis, a truly great team, added to our other wonderful lawyers and representatives!”

9:11 PM · Nov 14, 2020

Steve Thomas

Trump is largely responsible for the rioting in D.C. this evening.

None of this nonsense would be happening if Trump had simply refrained from gas-lighting his supporters about the election.

He continues to incite violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJfMyW87vU&feature=youtu.be

German reminisces about his time in the war.

Fighting

Covid

As a couch potato

(I don’t speak German, so I have to depend on someone else for the translation),

“I think that it was in the Winter of 2020, when the whole country looked at us. I had just turned 22, and was studying Mechanical Engineering in Chemnitz when the second wave came.

22... at this age, you want to celebrate, study, get to know someone, something like that, or go for a drink with friends.

But fate had other plans for us. An invisible danger threatened everything we believed in, and the fate of this country was suddenly in our hands. So we all took our courage, and did what was expected of us...

The only right thing...

We did...

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing! Were lazy like racoons! For days and nights, we stayed home on our asses fighting the spread of the Coronavirus.

Our couch was the Front, and our patience was our weapon. You know, sometimes I almost have to smile when I think back to that time.

That was our fate.

That's how we became heroes.

Back then.

This Corona Winter 2020.”

😄

Steve Thomas

On December 6 each year, Belgian children wake up and rush to see if St. Nicholas, or Sinterklaas, as he is known in Flemish-speaking parts of the country, has left presents for them.

In some parts of Belgium, tradition has it that St. Nicholas arrives by boat from Spain, and delivers gifts on the evening of December 5.

On Thursday, Frank Vandenbroucke and Annelies Verlinden sent a letter to Saint-Nicolas, relayed by Sud Presse . The Ministers of Health and the Interior notably announced to the great saint the publication of a ministerial decree to allow him and Father Fouettard to brave the curfew on the night of December 5 to 6 in order to be able to bring gifts to good children.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lesoir.be%2F337354%2Farticle%2F2020-11-12%2Fcoronavirus-le-gouvernement-ecrit-saint-nicolas-pour-lui-rappeler-les-regles

"Dear Saint Nicholas,

We hear that this damn virus has also created a lot of problems in Spain. So it gave us the greatest pleasure when we learned that, despite your old age, you have been able to escape the virus in recent months and that you are still in good health.

But as you know, dear Saint Nicolas, Spain is in code red. According to the rules, you should therefore stay in quarantine for a few days here when you arrive (tomorrow night have we heard?). However, since we know that you have no time to waste, and that you need every hour to prepare the gifts for each child, we have decided to make an exception - for you and Father Whipper. The royal decree necessary for this purpose will appear shortly in the Belgian Official Gazette. Here is the legal content: the trip with your boat coming from Spain lasts 17 days, that is 7 days more than what we ask and therefore, this period is more than enough as quarantine.

A second royal decree, still in preparation, concerns the curfew. On the night of December 5 to 6, the curfew will still apply in Belgium. But of course we also know that under these conditions it would be impossible for you to do your job. In addition, you should also go and get all the letters and designs in the shoes for the next few weeks. Now, you don't want to disappoint the kids. And neither do we. From then on, the legal basis for this second royal decree was directly ratified and you will receive - you and Father Fouettard - an exception for the curfew.

And we can reassure you: you won't have to run from roof to roof in a spacesuit. However, we recommend that you always keep your distance, wash your hands regularly and wear a mask when necessary. With your miter, and your long white beard, it's probably no fun. In addition, a Spanish virologist also confirmed to us that your beard protects you enough and acts as a mask. But we want to be sure that you are not at risk when visiting Belgium.

One more thing, Saint Nicholas: every child here has been especially brave this year. Or to use your words: very wise. Indeed, it is not easy every day: at school, everything has changed; for now, they can no longer see their boyfriends, they can no longer indulge in their favorite hobbies. Really, really, it's not cheerful for them. Without forgetting that they cannot even go to be cuddled by grandpa and grandma to be consoled.

But still, they hold out, dear Saint Nicholas. Not only to protect themselves, but above all to protect others. During these two week vacation, moms and dads are doing their best to take care of them even more, but this year they deserve your visit more than ever. Every child is a hero, and for once you don't need to check your big notebook to see who's been good."

Steve Thomas

Will Saturday, November 14, 2020 mark Donald Trump's Waterloo?

Napoloeon Bonaparte's Timeline:

June 18, 1815: ·Defeated in the Battle of Waterloo by the British and Prussians, led by Wellington and Blucher
June 22, 1815: ·Abdicates for the second time
October 16, 1815: ·Napoleon is exiled to Saint Helena

Steve Thomas