• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Time to re-visit my favorite Juan Cole trope...

Top Ten differences between White Terrorists and Others
www.juancole.com/2015/11/differences-between-terrorists.html

by Professor Juan Cole/ University of Michigan

November 28, 2015

1. White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US? Other terrorists are called, “terrorists.”

2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.

3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.

4. The family of a white terrorist is interviewed, weeping as they wonder where he went wrong. The families of other terrorists are almost never interviewed.

5. White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.

6. White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.

7. White terrorists are never called “white.” But other terrorists are given ethnic affiliations.

8. Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies.

9. White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.

10. There is nothing you can do about white terrorists. Gun control won’t stop them. No policy you could make, no government program, could possibly have an impact on them. But hundreds of billions of dollars must be spent on police and on the Department of Defense, and on TSA, which must virtually strip search 60 million people a year, to deal with other terrorists.

My apologies to Dennis.  I had thought the Clapton-Van Morrison song he posted was Van's anti-lockdown song.  I hadn't listened to any of his new "freedom" music, because he's such a crazy coot, but there's a point to it.  On one hand, two people I know in my small town, people in their 20s, were diagnosed positive today, and on the other hand the internet is buzzing with rumors that prolonged stay-home and lockdown orders are a long-game plot to kill small businesses and empty the cities of the working poor.

On 12/27/2020 at 9:17 PM, David Andrews said:

Wheeler.

Where are you, Wheeler?  You are somewhat grudgingly missed.

Wheeler? Maybe he's consifdering this from THE NEW YORK POST of all pappers hahaha!

"Sidney Powell is a crazy person. Michael Flynn suggesting martial law is tantamount to treason. It is shameful."

Not that these clowns are any better than Powell...

Give it up, Mr. President — for your sake and the nation's (nypost.com)

Edited by Bob Ness

Harry Truman: "The Buck Stops Here"

Abraham Lincoln: "The Better Angels of Our Nature"

Franklin Roosevelt: "All We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself"

John F. Kennedy: "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You"

Donald Trump: "Our leaders (not me, of course!) are pathetic."

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Donald Trump: "Our leaders (not me, of course!) are pathetic."

Steve, not that anything coming from Trump shocks us anymore, but did he really utter or tweet the line you quote above?

The man is living ( trapped ) in his own little mind world of obsessively self-centered, detached from reality delusion.

To a mentally ill degree according to tens of thousands of mental health professionals.

Me, me, me, me, me, me, - look at me, look at me, look at me - listen to me, listen to me, listen to me - give me what "I" want ... all the time, every time! 

Or I will unleash a never ending temper tantrum on you the likes of which you can't even imagine!

Trump once said to David Letterman on Letterman's TV show that "I was a real brat growing up." 

To which Letterman responded with lightly humorous condescension ... that "we tend to remain the same people all our lives" ...and how important it was that we at least "try" to correct our flaws the rest of our lives.

With a perplexed Stan Laurel type facial expression, Trump nodded agreement.

Edited by Joe Bauer

7 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Steve, not that anything coming from Trump shocks us anymore, but did he really utter or tweet the line you quote above?

Joe,

He tweeted this out on 12/29/20 (replying to himself, of course)

Replying to
"....Can you imagine if the Republicans stole a Presidential Election from the Democrats - All hell would break out. Republican leadership only wants the path of least resistance. Our leaders (not me, of course!) are pathetic. They only know how to lose! P.S. I got MANY Senators more votes than is needed by me to win Pennsylvania, not to mention hundreds of thousands of votes in other categories which increase my already big lead into a landslide. All other Swing States show likewise. WE NEED NEW & ENERGETIC REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP. This can not stand.."

Steve Thomas

2 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Joe,

He tweeted this out on 12/29/20 (replying to himself, of course)

Replying to
"....Can you imagine if the Republicans stole a Presidential Election from the Democrats - All hell would break out. Republican leadership only wants the path of least resistance. Our leaders (not me, of course!) are pathetic. They only know how to lose! P.S. I got MANY Senators more votes than is needed by me to win Pennsylvania, not to mention hundreds of thousands of votes in other categories which increase my already big lead into a landslide. All other Swing States show likewise. WE NEED NEW & ENERGETIC REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP. This can not stand.."

Steve Thomas

Like I said...completely delusional!

And damaging to our entire society in so many ways.

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Like I said...completely delusional!

And damaging to our entire society in so many ways.

I think he'll rapidly be dismissed as a crazy after Biden takes office and a semblance of normal comes back. That is why I believe, and have for some time now, that the Dems have been foolish for not aggressively painting every Trump supporting pol Orange and making it difficult for them to disassociate from him.

Cruz, McConnell, Johnson, Nunes, Graham and the whole raft of scallywags who have allowed this clown to perform should be made to pay politically. Joe Lunchbucket will peel the bumper sticker off his truck like they did with Cheney/Bush but the co-conspirators who have not only allowed but encouraged and aided Trump in spite of knowing and acknowledging (privately of course) his crimes should walk the plank with him. Maybe even be keel hauled.