The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Well, let us not jump to conclusions.

But I am definitely interested in this story.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Well, let us not jump to conclusions.

But I am definitely interested in this story.

https://www.rawstory.com/nashville-explosion-warning/

John Drake, the head of the Metro Nashville Police Department, confirmed on Friday that an RV that exploded in the downtown area had broadcast a warning.

Police "responded to a call for shots fired in the downtown area, specifically 2nd and Commerce [Street]," Drake said during a press conference.

After responding to the call, "officers encountered an RV that had a recording saying that a potential bomb would detonate within 15 minutes," Drake continued. "Officers upon hearing that, decided to evacuate the buildings nearby, so they began knocking on doors, making announcements, having emergency communications, communicating with everyone to get people safe. Shortly after that, the RV exploded."

A security camera on 2nd Avenue captured a female voice repeatedly saying "this area must be evacuated now" shortly before the explosion.

Security camera tape:

https://twitter.com/SteveLayman/status/1342520232376733698

“If you can hear this message, evacuate now”

This is very weird. It seems more like a political statement than a terrorist act.

Steve Thomas

Anyone ever wonder why Trump plays golf so often, always at one of the golf courses he owns? Could it be that somewhere halfway through playing, say on the tenth hole, his guest who is the agent of his Russian handler tells him what is next for him to do in the Kremlin’s strategy to bring America down. No one is around to hear the conversation. Trump may even have a special phone given to him by his Russian handler that allows him to call Putin while he is playing golf. In the White House his calls to Putin are monitored.

I am reminded of a book by John McDonald in which he wrote about two lawyers who took a judge golfing. Somewhere along the course the judge is getting ready to concentrate on hitting the ball but still within hearing distance of the two lawyers who then start talking among themselves about a really hot stock that is about to go through the roof. The judge gets the message and later renders a court decision in an important case in favor of the lawyers. Who is the wiser about the killing he made on the stock tip? There were no witnesses and of course he heard nothing since he was concentrating on the ball.

One year after he was pardoned Nixon emerged for the first time in public. He was the guest of Anthony Provenzano at a golf course in New Jersey. Wouldn’t have been interesting to hear what they talked about halfway through playing when no one was within earshot?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Provenzano

The Nashville explosion prefigured by a full-page newspaper ad warning of an Islamic bomb threat, published in June?

Very strange that the Nashville Tennessean printed the hate ad at all, only retracting it after complaints:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/21/tennessee-newspaper-ad-islam-muslims-nashville

“Clearly there was a breakdown in the normal processes, which call for careful scrutiny of our advertising content.”

Edited by David Andrews

59 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

We can never, ever, ever forget or forgive Donald Trump for going golfing while his people suffered.

Steve Thomas

I hope that for the rest of his life, a committed bunch of young people follow him around, keeping out of range of Secret Service while hollering "xxxx you, Trump!" wherever he appears.  is there a way of encouraging this?  Maybe auxiliary forces for his family?

There's never been a president this inspiring, you can give him that.

Edited by David Andrews

42 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

I hope that for the rest of his life, a committed bunch of young people follow him around, keeping out of range of Secret Service while hollering "xxxx you, Trump!" wherever he appears.  is there a way of encouraging this?  Maybe auxiliary forces for his family?

There's never been a president this inspiring, you can give him that.

David,

Trump is a disgruntled ex-employee who got fired.

Steve Thomas

48 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

David,

Trump is a disgruntled ex-employee who got fired.

Steve Thomas

Nor only was he fired, he also caught Covid-19 and was evicted. He is the classic case of what happened to lots of people in 2020.

A depressing day after Christmas for millions of Americans.  Covid, a new death every 10 minutes in the US I read earlier today or last night.  Broke and benefits lost, no money for electricity/gas - heat, food.  Evictions coming.  A Christmas morning bomber.

I wonder if at least a few of those millions can somehow find a way to beg, borrow, steal or find charity or something for 3 1/2 weeks.  About the only hope I see is the continued implosion of the Republican party in Georgia at the moment, and the chump.  A democratic congress and senate has a stimulus bill for those who Need it (not for those who don't!) waiting for Biden to sign January 20th. 

I've no illusions that democratic control will cure all the problems of society in these times.  But they can help a bunch of people that need it now.

Trump's inaction on stimulus bill leaves Georgia's GOP runoff candidates in awkward spot (msn.com)