The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

On 10/14/2021 at 12:20 AM, Kirk Gallaway said:

News Flash!

The head of the Republican Party, Donald Trump has declared that all Republicans should sit out the 2022 and 2024 election until the election fraud of 2020 is solved!

And welcome news. But somehow I think Lindsay Graham and Mitch Mac Connel at last won't be blindly following his lead on this one. With about all other candidates , this would be thoroughly discrediting.But to Trump's devotees they may just admire his courage to overtake the Republican Party.I would expect there were no advisors on this decision. Is this Georgia revisited? .

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-tells-republicans-not-to-vote-in-2022-or-2024

And just to be clear, this isn't a joke!

https://www.cbs17.com/news/political-news/trump-republicans-will-not-be-voting-if-2020-fraud-isnt-solved/

I've been on some political sites of people speculating about Trump's motives. For example, Some will say Trump has it in mind to stop voters from voting so once they have no recourse at the ballot box, (that they've denied themselves by following Trump)  that the end result will be a violent revolution. But Trump doesn't think that far. The truth is more Republicans think the 2020  election was stolen from Trump (60%) than they  want Trump to be the next President,( 44%). Though 2/3rds of them want Trump to head the party. This is why governors Abbot and De Santis are ruthlessly using their executive powers to make a national name for themselves, and could be why Trump is making a last ditch push for relevance before a projected fading.

This isn't Trumps "3 dimensional chess" (that never existed) This is, what it appears, a power play to blackmail the old GOP leadership to overthrow the 2020 election. It's a stupid move because the reason so many in the GOP pledge support for Trump even though privately they say they don't like him is because the most important thing of all to them is that they are re elected to office. They know their efforts to overturn 2020 can no longer work. So Trump is effectively denying them the office, which is the only reason they're supporting him in the first place. The only thing that can salvage Trump now, is Mac Connell and Mac Carthy talking him out of it. That's not impossible because as we've seen with 1/6, they will forgive him for anything. But if Trump holds to this, his Presidential aspirations are dead!

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

33 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Eric Clapton's anti-vax stance has apparently struck a nerve, hence this totalitarian-style tear-down in the MSM:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/how-the-legendary-eric-clapton-destroyed-his-own-legacy/ar-AAPzLdM?li=BBnbfcL

NBC News

How the legendary Eric Clapton destroyed his own legacy

As an old Eric Clapton fan, I'm disappointed with his recent nonsense.

He's a great artist, but Clapton has never been a paragon of mental health or sound judgment.  He was sired by a Canadian Air Force pilot on the eve of D-Day and never knew his father.  His biological mother abandoned him, and he was raised by his maternal grandmother and step grandfather.

He struggled with severe addictions for many years, and is, frankly, fortunate to be alive today.

Ben & Paul-- As for Russiagate... Geez... It isn't "red-baiting" to deplore Trump's status as a Russian asset.

Trump has betrayed his country in so many ways.  It's still happening. 

If anything, I'm a Russophile-- though no admirer of the Soviet Union-- and hardly a fan of U.S./NATO imperialism during the past 40 years.   At least Putin saved Syria from NATO and the CIA.

Kirk -- Had to laugh at your reference to Trump not playing 3-D chess.  I doubt the guy can even play checkers.

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Paul B:

What moral high ground? 

The CCP has thrown a Hong Kong publisher, Jimmy Lai, into prison and left him there. For publishing newspapers. Google it. 

Jimmy Lai was arrested and jailed because he was using his newspaper - Apple Daily - to support what Chinese officials came to understand as a “color revolution” attempt in Hong Kong. Beyond directly supporting the protest movement through the reportorial and editorial functions of the paper, the employees and facilities were involved in direct participation with the relatively sophisticated infrastructure of social media supporting the protesters. Lai also had met with high level American officials - up the chain to Pence - to receive endorsement and encouragement for the protest events, as well as providing local support towards the US Congress’ legislation known as the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act, which represented direct meddling in China’s internal affairs by a foreign power.

Should the issue of “commie dictators” or evil totalitarians arise, Lai’s travails could be usefully compared to those of Julian Assange, who continues incarceration in a maximum security prison on an extradition warrant which had previously been turned down and is on appeal. Lai’s legal problems are relatively obvious and in keeping with China’s laws, while Assange’s persecution has been opaque and unusual from the start, and marked by a high level of openly retributive motive from western intelligence and security operatives and leadership.

Re:Clapton , it is a bit of a hit piece. I think the people who always loved Clapton will still listen to him. After all, he didn't molest young children. But he's always had a big ego and a history of saying off the wall stuff.  Nobody should listen to him about matters of covid. He's just a spoiled rock star. But unfortunately some people do.

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

A bit presumptive to assume that his family troubles affected his "mental health."  Don't think I'll be making an appointment if you're willing to diagnose someone you don't know.  Surprisingly reactive response, worthy of the MSM.

Huh, David?

Developmental history and family dynamics have no impact on mental health?

Surely, you jest... 🤥

As for presumptuousness, why do you presume that I don't "know" Eric Clapton, after studying his autobiography?  There's a lot of psychological data there-- both conscious and unconscious.

For example, my perception is that Clapton was quite attached to his maternal grandmother, and was an erstwhile "Oedipal victor"-- which partly explains his relationship with George Harrison's ex-wife, Patti Boyd.  He and Harrison were good friends when Clapton aggressively wooed Boyd.  Then, after Clapton married Boyd, he lost interest in her.

It was the Oedipal triangle that he found compelling.

Psychoanalytically-trained psychiatrists and psychologists have written interesting analyses of historical, and contemporary, figures, based on available biographical material.

Erik Erikson and the British psychoanalyst Anthony Storr are two pioneers of this kind of "psycho-history." 

As for contemporary figures, Donald Trump has been analyzed in great detail since 2016 by a number of board-certified American psychiatrists, including me.

In fact, many of the most concerned critics of Trump since 2016 have been mental health professionals.

The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President

http://jaapl.org/content/46/2/267

7 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

Jimmy Lai was arrested and jailed because he was using his newspaper - Apple Daily - to support what Chinese officials came to understand as a “color revolution” attempt in Hong Kong. Beyond directly supporting the protest movement through the reportorial and editorial functions of the paper, the employees and facilities were involved in direct participation with the relatively sophisticated infrastructure of social media supporting the protesters. Lai also had met with high level American officials - up the chain to Pence - to receive endorsement and encouragement for the protest events, as well as providing local support towards the US Congress’ legislation known as the Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act, which represented direct meddling in China’s internal affairs by a foreign power.

Should the issue of “commie dictators” or evil totalitarians arise, Lai’s travails could be usefully compared to those of Julian Assange, who continues incarceration in a maximum security prison on an extradition warrant which had previously been turned down and is on appeal. Lai’s legal problems are relatively obvious and in keeping with China’s laws, while Assange’s persecution has been opaque and unusual from the start, and marked by a high level of openly retributive motive from western intelligence and security operatives and leadership.

Jeff C.-

I entirely agree with you; the horrid prosecution of a Julian Assange, or a Carter Page, for that matter, is an example of the US Deep State in action. 

So, like I said, "What moral high ground?" 

Apple-Disney-BlackRock-NBA-Tesla-WalMart is happy with the US Deep State and the Beijing commies (who are even worse).

Donald Trump actually did us a favor.

The more people try and ride his coattails, the more people are going to look askance at him and his claims.

Laura Loomer baselessly claims she won her election in 2020 (FL-21) and that the election was stolen from her. She lost by over 80,000 votes.

“"I won," Loomer falsely claimed. "I won, the election was stolen, just like it was stolen from Donald Trump. I won my election."”

(Florida's 21st Congressional District includes Palm Beach).

https://twitter.com/i/status/1449510472198197248

Steve Thomas

Complaining that "our culture today is trying to completely demasculate all the young men," Rep. Madison Cawthorn issues a plea to parents: "The testosterone levels in young men today are lower than at any time in history. If you are raising a young man, please raise them to be a monster."

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1450097787908022278

This was followed by great applause.

Steve Thomas

21 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Complaining that "our culture today is trying to completely demasculate all the young men," Rep. Madison Cawthorn issues a plea to parents: "The testosterone levels in young men today are lower than at any time in history. If you are raising a young man, please raise them to be a monster."

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1450097787908022278

This was followed by great applause.

Steve Thomas

That's what I say Steve, enough of this capitulation!

Make America a Monster Again!  MAMA!