The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

The Wall Street Journal’s May13-16 weekend edition has a lengthy article, “The IRS is coming for Crypto: On the hunt for tax cheats, Uncle Sam is winning court battles to force cryptocurrency exchanges to reveal their customers.”  The focus of the IRS is on customers who have more than $20,000 in transactions in any one year.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fed-up Arizona Republican erupts at Trump fans who claim their ballots were fed to chickens

by Brad Reed May 18, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/arizona-election-conspiracies/

“Stephen Richer, the Republican Maricopa County Recorder, said that he and his fellow state GOP officials are tired of being falsely accused of plotting to install President Joe Biden in the White House by assorted methods of trickery and subterfuge.

"It was one thing with the audit when they were looking at UV lights and looking for bamboo fibers in the paper," he said. "But when they just accused us too many times of breaking the law, they defamed our good employees too many times, they've defamed the hard-working people here. We're all humans, and we have our limits!"

Berman noted that some Trump fans have even claimed that state elections officials shredded their ballots, fed them to chickens, and then had the chickens incinerated to cover up the evidence.”

Dirty commie Democrats. Whad'd the little chickens ever do to them?

Steve Thomas

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Kahneman co-wrote his latest book with Cass Sunstein, and the two of them will be happy to Francis Fukuyama you to death with pedigreed disinfo:

In 2009 an article by Cass Sunstein and Adrian Vermeule appeared in the Journal of Political Philosophy (Volune 17, 2, pp. 202-227). Among other things, the authors argued that governments should engage in ‘cognitive infiltration of groups that produce conspiracy theories’. According to them, this involves governments developing and disseminating arguments against conspiracy theories, governments hiring others to develop and disseminate arguments against conspiracy theories and governments encouraging others informally to develop and disseminate arguments against conspiracy theories (2009, p. 218). In particular they suggest that government agents enter chat rooms and online social networks to raise doubts about conspiracy theories and generally introduce ‘cognitive diversity’ into those chat rooms and social networks.

http://blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk/2010/09/an-obama-appointee’s-plan-to-undermine-the-911-conspiracy-theory/

'I’m collaborating on several projects and investigations since I finished the book. One is how the inability to solve the famous “bat and ball problem” correlates with belief in God and that 9/11 was a conspiracy.'

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/may/16/daniel-kahneman-clearly-ai-is-going-to-win-how-people-are-going-to-adjust-is-a-fascinating-problem-thinking-fast-and-slow

Edited by David Andrews

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Kahneman co-wrote his latest book with Cass Sunstein, and the two of them will be happy to Francis Fukuyama you to death with pedigreed disinfo:

In 2009 an article by Cass Sunstein and Adrian Vermeule appeared in the Journal of Political Philosophy (Volune 17, 2, pp. 202-227). Among other things, the authors argued that governments should engage in ‘cognitive infiltration of groups that produce conspiracy theories’. According to them, this involves governments developing and disseminating arguments against conspiracy theories, governments hiring others to develop and disseminate arguments against conspiracy theories and governments encouraging others informally to develop and disseminate arguments against conspiracy theories (2009, p. 218). In particular they suggest that government agents enter chat rooms and online social networks to raise doubts about conspiracy theories and generally introduce ‘cognitive diversity’ into those chat rooms and social networks.

http://blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk/2010/09/an-obama-appointee’s-plan-to-undermine-the-911-conspiracy-theory/

"I’m collaborating on several projects and investigations since I finished the book. One is how the inability to solve the famous “bat and ball problem” correlates with belief in God and that 9/11 was a conspiracy."

You'd think that such a clever guy would have figured out by now that all theories about 9/11 are conspiracy theories.

I solved Kahneman's Bat and Ball Problem in a few seconds, and I'm quite certain that 9/11 was a conspiracy.

He's a fraud.

8 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

You'd think that such a clever guy would have figured out by now that all theories about 9/11 are conspiracy theories.

I solved Kahneman's Bat and Ball Problem in a few seconds, and I'm quite certain that 9/11 was a conspiracy.

He's a fraud.

One of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories about 9/11 is the one that is laid out in the Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist  Attacks Upon the United States, otherwise known as the 9/11 Commission Report. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

He's a fraud.

How 'bout I whack yez with that #%*& bat and take the ball?  -- Joe Pesci

William, you may have seen this in your field.  Researching a 9/11 novel, I came across a journal article in Psychology saying that belief in conspiracy theories correlates with belief in ghosts among personality test subjects.  Sure enough, a couple months later I read the personality test created for their subjects by the authors of an unrelated paper, and a found a question asking if the government covers up conspiracies and UFOs (on a scale of strongly agree to strongly disagree), followed by another on whether ghosts and supernatural events are possible.  So this trope is being passed into culture through science, and recirculates in Kahneman.

I grew up on John Wayne's cameo in the Greatest Story Ever Told.  I think the Duke would bridle against atheism as the anodyne to falling for malcontent conspiracy theories.

Edited by David Andrews