The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

That's what I say Steve, enough of this capitulation!

Make America a Monster Again!  MAMA!

Reminds me of that passage in Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant monologue where he says, "Shrink, I wanna KILL, KILL, KILL!!!" 

But, speaking of MAGA monsters, check out these recent interviews of Trump fans in Iowa...  🤥

Trump supporter tells The Daily Show that Trump is still 'flying around the world on Air Force One'

https://www.rawstory.com/jordan-klepper-trump-supporters-iowa/

October 18, 2021

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

SENIOR LIFE

I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later. I don't have to go to school or work. I get an allowance every month. I have my own pad. I don't have a curfew. I have a driver's license and my own car. The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant and I don't have acne. Life is great. I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People get out of the way much faster now.

Gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers. Now they drink like their fathers.

I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row. I decided to stop calling the bathroom "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Old age is coming at a really bad time.

When I was a child I thought "nap time" was a punishment. Now it feels like a small vacation.

The biggest lie I tell myself is... " I don't have to write that down, I'll remember it".

I don't have gray hair... I have "wisdom highlights"! I'm just very wise.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would've put them on my knees.

Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet.

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Of course, I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.

At my age "Getting Lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came In there for.

I have more friends I should send this to, but right now I can't remember their names.

Now, I'm wondering... did I send this to you, or did you send it to me?

6 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

SENIOR LIFE

I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 60 years later. I don't have to go to school or work. I get an allowance every month. I have my own pad. I don't have a curfew. I have a driver's license and my own car. The people I hang around with are not scared of getting pregnant and I don't have acne. Life is great. I changed my car horn to gunshot sounds. People get out of the way much faster now.

Gone are the days when girls used to cook like their mothers. Now they drink like their fathers.

I didn't make it to the gym today. That makes five years in a row. I decided to stop calling the bathroom "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Old age is coming at a really bad time.

When I was a child I thought "nap time" was a punishment. Now it feels like a small vacation.

The biggest lie I tell myself is... " I don't have to write that down, I'll remember it".

I don't have gray hair... I have "wisdom highlights"! I'm just very wise.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would've put them on my knees.

Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet.

Why do I have to press one for English when you're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

Of course, I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.

At my age "Getting Lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came In there for.

I have more friends I should send this to, but right now I can't remember their names.

Now, I'm wondering... did I send this to you, or did you send it to me?

I need one of those gunshot car horns.  That could be fun, or put me out of my misery from a reactionary.

Militias with Badges

Here come the sheriffs of MAGA-town

By Charlie Sykes

https://morningshots.thebulwark.com/p/militias-with-badges

In announcing its new "Sheriff’s Fellowship" the [Claremont]Institute (employer of coup author, John Eastman) tied together last year’s urban disorders, Covid-19 lockdowns, and “the electoral disaster of 2020,” and declared that “our nation's conservative movement needs a countervailing network of uncorrupted law enforcement officials.”

Specifically, Claremont envisions a cadre of sheriffs “not beholden to bureaucratic masters, and whose geographic boundaries, jurisdictional latitude, and - most important - direct connection and responsibility to citizens, places them on the frontlines of the defense of civilization.”

Think of it as militias with badges, guns, and formal law enforcement powers. Or, if you like, secession-by-sheriff.”

“Indeed, Claremont is late to the game. The so-called Constitutional Sheriffs have been a thing for quite a while now.

“Although the Oath Keepers, another anti-government extremist group that recruits from law enforcement, have garnered more media attention in recent years,” the Anti-Defamation League said in their report, the Constitutional Sheriff movement “has arguably had more success infiltrating law enforcement, including at the executive level.”

“ The central tenet of [the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association], borrowed from the anti-government extremist sovereign citizen movement, is that the county sheriff is the ultimate authority in the county, able to halt enforcement of any federal or state law or measure they deem unconstitutional. “”

“If Claremont gets its way, there will be sheriffs like Joe Arpaio, David Clarke, and Mark Lamb all across the country.

You are not worried nearly enough about what that might mean.”

Steve Thomas

Woman arrested on allegations she threatened judge in Georgia ballot case

2021/10/20 © TheAtlantaJournalConstitution

https://nordot.app/823734024349302784?c=592622757532812385

ATLANTA — Police have arrested a Kentucky woman who allegedly threatened a Georgia judge and his family after he dismissed a lawsuit that sought to inspect absentee ballots for signs of fraud in last year’s presidential election.

Erin Northup, 42, is accused of leaving a threatening voicemail with Henry County Superior Court Judge Brian Amero’s judicial assistant soon after he issued his ruling last week, according to the Henry County Sheriff’s Office. Authorities declined to release details about the call.

Amero received “a plethora of calls” after he threw out the last remaining major lawsuit over Georgia’s 2020 election. The lawsuit, filed by supporters of former Republican President Donald Trump, asked the judge to unseal 147,000 absentee ballots cast in Fulton County so they could search for counterfeits.

I feel like I'm living in Columbia or something.

Steve Thomas

Get ready for censorship. 

"Not stopping 'Stop the Steal:' Facebook Papers paint damning picture of company's role in insurrection"

---CNN headline

BTW, if Facebook posts genuinely organized an insurrection, then there is a clear track record of social media posts and texts pointing to the guilty organizers (who evidently felt no need to act surreptitiously).

Has anyone in mainstream outlined who posted on Facebook, what was said, and how many people followed whatever instructions were in the posts? 

Is there a there, there? 

I still wonder the 6,000 police officers of the Capitol Police and DC Metropolitan Police were doing on Jan. 6.  They appeared to stand down.   

On 10/20/2021 at 9:05 AM, Steve Thomas said:

"In announcing its new "Sheriff’s Fellowship" the [Claremont]Institute (employer of coup author, John Eastman) tied together last year’s urban disorders, Covid-19 lockdowns, and “the electoral disaster of 2020,” and declared that “our nation's conservative movement needs a countervailing network of uncorrupted law enforcement officials.”

Iggy Pop, "I'm a Conservative":

Trump's Big Lie is the new Lost Cause — and it may poison the country for decades

Lucian K. Truscott IV, Salon October 23, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-s-big-lie-is-the-new-lost-cause-and-it-may-poison-the-country-for-decades/

“Donald Trump had to be handed a loss in 2020 in order to begin championing his new Lost Cause. There won't be another one. If he runs and wins in 2024, we will not recognize the smoking ruins left by a second Trump victory. It won't take them long to begin erecting statues to Steve Bannon and Tucker Carlson and renaming public squares after the "Great Replacement." The only question is, what will the Daughters of the New Confederacy call themselves? The Mistresses of Mar-a-Lago?”

Steve Thomas

Charlottesville’s reckoning: Unite the Right organizers go on trial

by Jordan Green, Staff Reporter October 25, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/charlottesvilles-reckoning-unite-the-right-organizers-go-on-trial/

“A civil trial against organizers of the deadly August 2017 Unite the Right rally gets underway in Charlottesville, Va. today, the culmination of more than four years of litigation.”

Charlottesville was the coming out party.

Steve Thomas

Well, so much for the claim that Trump's January 6th coup attempt "wasn't coordinated." 🤥

EXCLUSIVE: January 6th Protest Organizers Say They Participated in ‘Dozens’ of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff

Two sources are communicating with House investigators and detailed a stunning series of allegations to Rolling Stone, including a promise of a “blanket pardon” from the Oval Office

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/exclusive-jan-6-organizers-met-congress-white-house-1245289/

October 24, 2021

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well, so much for the claim that Trump's January 6th coup attempt "wasn't coordinated." 🤥

EXCLUSIVE: January 6th Protest Organizers Say They Participated in ‘Dozens’ of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff

Two sources are communicating with House investigators and detailed a stunning series of allegations to Rolling Stone, including a promise of a “blanket pardon” from the Oval Office

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/exclusive-jan-6-organizers-met-congress-white-house-1245289/

October 24, 2021

Traitors committing Treason, an attempt at Insurrection.  Should they be tried and hung?

42 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Traitors committing Treason, an attempt at Insurrection.  Should they be tried and hung?

Ron,

I can tell that you and I both grew up in the Wild West.

They'll never swing, but they should, at least, be expelled from Congress-- per the 14th Amendment statute regarding members of Congress who participate in an attempt to overthrow the U.S. government.

Lauren Boebert (R-Colorado) is one of the worst of the bunch.  A disgrace.

Zeeland Schools respond to militia comment at board meeting

Mitchell Boatman

The Holland Sentinel 10/23/21

https://www.hollandsentinel.com/story/news/education/2021/10/23/zeeland-schools-respond-militia-comment-board-meeting/6139113001/

ZEELAND —“A local school district is calling for civility in public discourse after a public comment participant said they would bring the Michigan Militia to the school over a mask mandate. 

During the Monday, Oct. 18, meeting of the Zeeland school board, Holland restaurant owner Marlena Pavlos-Hackney said she would sue the board members and contact the militia if students aren’t given a choice on masks.”

Oh goody.

Suggested curricula for Grades 4 - 8:

Urban warfare

Sniper school

Counterinsurgency operations

Hand to hand combat

Steve Thomas