• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Palm Beach Police Ball Will Enrich Trump, Whose Jan. 6 Mob Attacked Officers

By S.V. Date and Ryan J. Reilly 10/07/2021

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/palm-beach-police-trump_n_615f5c15e4b0cc44c50a53b8

“The Palm Beach Police and Fire Foundation is planning a fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago this winter that will likely put some quarter-million dollars into Donald Trump’s cash registers — despite the former president’s incitement of the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol that led to the deaths of five police officers and injuries to 140 more.

The charity would not disclose how much it will be paying Trump’s for-profit South Florida club to host the Jan. 22, 2022, “Policemen’s and Fire Fighters’ Ball.” Tax filings with the IRS, however, show that it paid $235,012 in 2020, $214,760 in 2019 and $262,261 in 2018 in facility rental costs for the same event in those years, all of which were also held at Mar-a-Lago.”

“A spokesman for the Palm Beach Police Department said it was not involved in choosing the site. “I really cannot provide a comment on whether it’s appropriate or not,” said Capt. Will Rothrock. “The department is apolitical ... I can’t really speak to the former president’s actions.””

There are no words...

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Palm Beach Police Ball Will Enrich Trump, Whose Jan. 6 Mob Attacked Officers

By S.V. Date and Ryan J. Reilly 10/07/2021

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/palm-beach-police-trump_n_615f5c15e4b0cc44c50a53b8

“The Palm Beach Police and Fire Foundation is planning a fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago this winter that will likely put some quarter-million dollars into Donald Trump’s cash registers — despite the former president’s incitement of the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol that led to the deaths of five police officers and injuries to 140 more.

The charity would not disclose how much it will be paying Trump’s for-profit South Florida club to host the Jan. 22, 2022, “Policemen’s and Fire Fighters’ Ball.” Tax filings with the IRS, however, show that it paid $235,012 in 2020, $214,760 in 2019 and $262,261 in 2018 in facility rental costs for the same event in those years, all of which were also held at Mar-a-Lago.”

“A spokesman for the Palm Beach Police Department said it was not involved in choosing the site. “I really cannot provide a comment on whether it’s appropriate or not,” said Capt. Will Rothrock. “The department is apolitical ... I can’t really speak to the former president’s actions.””

There are no words...

Steve Thomas

The hypocrisy of Trump supporters ( especially police and first responders ) never ceases to be outrageously ... "political!"

They love Trump's authoritarian/fascist mentality bent.

Capitol Police whistleblower delivers scathing rebuke to two senior leaders on Jan. 6

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/08/capitol-police-whistleblower-rebuke-jan-6-515696

This is in line with what I have been saying. The 2,300-officer Capitol Police seemed to stand down on Jan. 6, and the 3,500 officer Metropolitan Police Department was nowhere to be seen. 

The Capitol Police report to Congressional leadership, and the Metro police report to the Mayor of DC. Neither report to Trump, and both are supervised by the Democratic Party.

The FBI has concluded "there is no there" to the narrative there was a controlling power behind the 1/ 6 scrum. 

And the "Brian Sicknick was murdered by a blow from a fire extinguisher on the head by racist Trump supporters" narrative has been debunked. He died of natural causes the next day. 

All in all...a scrum, probably police mismanagement and 600 lulu's. 

But...1/6 is being purposed to bring about ever-greater fear and subsequent surveillance and police powers. 

Remember, be afraid of domestic subversives and foreign powers. Be very afraid. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

Ben,

I must confess that you have an unusual ability to completely ignore rebuttals and refutations of your oft-repeated talking points-- e.g., regarding the conflicting FBI assessments about January 6th, Brian Sicknick's anomalous death, etc.  So, I won't repeat them. 

Billionaire Phillip Anschutz's right wing propaganda mouthpiece, The Washington Examiner, has aggressively promoted the narrative that the January 6th insurrection was, 1) not coordinated by Trump, Bannon, Roger Stone, et.al., and 2) was not an insurrection.  

IMO, a subscription to the Washington Examiner could be useful in the event of a future pandemic-related toilet paper shortage.

As for the planning of Trump's January 6th insurrection, hopefully, more information will be uncovered by the Congressional investigation-- although Trump is aggressively stonewalling the subpoenas currently.

We know that Steve Bannon has stated publicly that he was involved in planning the January 6th insurrection with Trump, himself. 

And FBI Director Christopher Wray testified to Congress in March that there was evidence that the January 6th attack on Congress was coordinated by "die hard members of the Trump attack force."

At the very least, the FBI has given us mixed messages about the insurrection.

See, for example...

Is the FBI telling us the truth about the Jan. 6 coup attempt? Because it doesn't feel that way

Reports from FBI and DHS suggest a dangerous rift in law enforcement over the Jan. 6 coup plot. We need the truth

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/26/is-the-fbi-telling-us-the-truth-about-the-jan-6-coup-attempt-because-it-doesnt-feel-that-way/

18 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

I must confess that you have an unusual ability to completely ignore rebuttals and refutations of your oft-repeated talking points-- e.g., regarding the conflicting FBI assessments about January 6th, Brian Sicknick's anomalous death, etc.  So, I won't repeat them. 

Billionaire Phillip Anschutz's right wing propaganda mouthpiece, The Washington Examiner, has aggressively promoted the narrative that the January 6th insurrection was, 1) not coordinated by Trump, Bannon, Roger Stone, et.al., and 2) was not an insurrection.  

IMO, a subscription to the Washington Examiner could be useful in the event of a future pandemic-related toilet paper shortage.

As for the planning of Trump's January 6th insurrection, hopefully, more information will be uncovered by the Congressional investigation-- although Trump is aggressively stonewalling the subpoenas currently.

We know that Steve Bannon has stated publicly that he was involved in planning the January 6th insurrection with Trump, himself. 

And FBI Director Christopher Wray testified to Congress in March that there was evidence that the January 6th attack on Congress was coordinated by "die hard members of the Trump attack force."

See, for example...

Is the FBI telling us the truth about the Jan. 6 coup attempt? Because it doesn't feel that way

Reports from FBI and DHS suggest a dangerous rift in law enforcement over the Jan. 6 coup plot. We need the truth

https://www.salon.com/2021/08/26/is-the-fbi-telling-us-the-truth-about-the-jan-6-coup-attempt-because-it-doesnt-feel-that-way/

W.-

Well, we disagree on this one. 

But...my main point stands, regardless of what the underlying facts (if any) are on the 1/6 event. 

The M$M media, and the political establishment, wants you to be afraid of domestic subversives and foreign threats. Sometimes it is commies, sometimes minorities, sometimes terrorists, sometimes Russians, sometimes left- or right-wing extremists.

Sure, there are germs of truth behind all of these threats. But hyped beyond recognition. 

The M$M 1/6 narrative reflects the default mode of "news coverage" of hyping a threat. 

Brian Sicknick's death?

Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick Died Of Natural Causes

Even NPR reported Sicknick's death this way. 

The real threat?

As I say, the coming expansion of the surveillance and police state, more censorship on the internet.  Led this time by the D-Party, with the complicity of the establishment R-Party. 

That's my story, and I am sticking with it. 

A New Confederacy: Trump and the Republicans have already seceded

Now they’re preparing to fight a new civil war. In fact, they're already doing it in all but name

By Lucian K. Truscott IV October 9, 2021

https://www.salon.com/2021/10/09/a-new-confederacy-and-the-have-already-seceded/

“You know which ones they are:

Nineteen states have enacted 33 laws that make it harder for people to vote

Nineteen states have enacted a total of 106 new laws restricting a woman's right to choose to have an abortion,

Twelve states have refused to expand Medicaid coverage under the Affordable Care Act, leaving as many as two million people without health insurance

All of the states that refused Medicaid expansion and have passed restrictions on voting and abortion are controlled by the Republican Party. Many of those same states have also passed bans on mask and vaccine mandates, and nearly all of them have endured more cases per capita of COVID-19, more hospitalizations and more deaths from the virus. In effect, without any states (yet) seceding from the Union, we already live in two Americas.”

“This is what I mean when I say that Republicans have already seceded. They're a white party and they're forming a white country with white laws and white companies and white jobs where white votes count and others don't. They can live in the states that comprise that country, but they can't survive there without our money. It was the same way with the South before the Civil War. They lived in their states with slavery, but they couldn't survive without the economy of the North, so they started a war. They never intended to "secede." They intended to win, and run the new country, which would be the South writ large, with slave-owners in power and slavery everywhere.”

“Democrats may or may not "win" in 2022 and 2024, but the elections are already over. Republicans have declared that only their votes count. Unless we get together and stay together and use our numbers to protect our democracy, we will end up living in their fascist country ruled by their dictator.”

Steve Thomas

12 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

See, for example...

Addendum

Sicknick death ruled 'natural' but experts say stress can set off strokes

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/20/health/sicknick-death-natural-strokes/index.html

On 10/9/2021 at 8:30 PM, Steve Thomas said:

Your "scrum" came and xxxx on my Capitol. and I'm mad as hell about that.

Steve Thomas

Steve-

Your assessment may be correct. 

And I am just one small citizen here, and what I say will have zero impact on anything. 

But here goes: One very important reason to study the JFKA is to learn how corporate media and government work together to manipulate public opinion after  real or fabricated events. 

Maybe 9/11 was a terrorist attack, as depicted. It was then leveraged by government-media to get the US into two fantastically expensive and counterproductive wars, and kill a couple million people. 

In the case of the JFKA, we see how public opinion was shaped, perhaps even before, and very much after the JFKA. 

For sake of argument, let us assume LHO was a lone gunman---that does not change the heavy PR-fake-news-manipulation effort that went into ensuring that was your point of view. Plus a lot of hints that maybe the commies were behind it.  (That is still going on.)

That is what is happening on the 1/6 scrum. The public is being manipulated, and hysteria is being fanned. The 1/6 committee is political theater. We were told racist Trump supporters murdered Brian Sicknick by bludgeoning him in the head with a fire extinguisher, and that the scrum was armed and organized---and that what happened is a threat to our nation.

Here is the woman who stole Nancy Pelosi's laptop, a Riley June Williams: 

She helpfully livestreamed her theft:

Then, to add to the mix, she live-texted about it. Yes, she took "Nancy Polesis" laptop. 

Assuming Riley June Williams is a real person, and not a provocateur or actress....does she strike you as a threat the Republic?

The Deep State, which can tax you at will, enter in foreign wars on behalf of multinationals at will, controls the media, and assassinates US presidents...wants you to be afraid of Riley June Williams. Why?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/capitol-breach-cases

One sure gets a different impression of the 1/6 event when reading primary materials. 

Add on, from the "statement of facts":

"W1 (an informant) stated that WILLIAMS intended to send the computer device to a friend in Russia, who then planned to sell the device to SVR, Russia’s foreign intelligence service."

So, Russia gets worked into the story. 

Maybe this strikes one as a little too pat. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

It's painful to count the delusory ideas in this article, and contemplate that this is the modern American electorate:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-supporters-at-iowa-rally-see-civil-war-coming-say-he-will-save-the-world/ar-AAPjK24?li=BBnbfcL

Trump Supporters at Iowa Rally See 'Civil War Coming,' Say He Will 'Save the World'

Let's not forget that our last civil war was birthed of intransigence and stupidity.

When you look up the word demagogue in the dictionary, this is what you find:

Tom Boggioni October 10, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-election-fraud/

"Speaking to the rabidly pro-Trump crowd in Des Moines, Trump blurted, "I'm telling you the single biggest issue, as bad as the border is and it's horrible, horrible what they're doing, they're destroying our country — but as bad as that is, the single biggest issue — the issue that gets the most pull, the most respect, the biggest cheers — is talking about the election fraud of the 2020 presidential election.""

The biggest issue in our country is the one that gets the biggest cheers.

Steve Thomas