The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 hour ago, Chris Barnard said:

Hi David,

When looking at Orwell (Eric Blair) at a glance, it's easy to think he may have been a disenfranchised, maladjusted chap, with a warped imagination that led him to conjure up dystopian visions of the future, I think anyone that lived in that time would understand where he was coming from, particularly those who escaped from communist states. Perhaps those who quote him so frequently are seeing or interpreting his writings in ways other than they were intended, on occasion. But, make no mistake about it, he was part of the intellectual clique of his time,

Chris, do try the Bernard Crick biography of Orwell, which details his experiences at the far reaches of the Empire, and also his willing descent into poverty and obscurity to detail the oppression thereof in Down and Out in Paris and London and The Road to Wigan Pier.  Read those books, also.  My experience of Blair has been, if not the most complete, then a bit more than glancing.  He was no lightweight.

https://www.amazon.com/George-Orwell-Life-Bernard-Crick/dp/1999439503

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

19 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well said, Kirk.

Meanwhile, the Liberal Redneck has just posted his review of Tucker Carlson's Patriot Purge in his inimitable style.

I love this guy.  I hope he doesn't pull a Glenn Greenwald and start working for Fox... 🤪

January 6th Wasn't A False Flag

Trae Crowder blasts the conspiracy theory that January 6th was a false flag.

Meh.

The Liberal Redneck guy has not seen the Tucker Carlson three-part series, nor appears to  understand the heavy federal asset infiltration of Muslim, or "right-wing" and other non-mainstream groups. 

At the Intercept, they say the whole Gov. Whitmer kidnap plot would have never happened but for the involvement of federal assets. That is worth pondering. 

Sure is funny how federal prosecutors have laid off of Stewart Rhodes, top guy at the Oathkeepers. But they threw Mr. Buffalo Horns in jail and left him there.  Some suspect Rhodes is a federal asset, as was the Afro-Cuban Enrique Tarrio of the Proud Boys. 

The only other person I can think of whose films and documentaries are bashed even before they are released  is Oliver Stone. 

The M$M 1.6 narrative is looking dubious. But then, what else is new? 

7 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Chris, do try the Bernard Crick biography of Orwell, which details his experiences at the far reaches of the Empire, and also his willing descent into poverty and obscurity to detail the oppression thereof in Down and Out in Paris and London and The Road to Wigan Pier.  Read those books, also.  My experience of Blair has been, if not the most complete, then a bit more than glancing.  He was no lightweight.

https://www.amazon.com/George-Orwell-Life-Bernard-Crick/dp/1999439503

Thanks, David. I've just seen that Christopher Hitchens has also written a book about him. I'll take a look after i've got through Vincent Bevins "The Jakarta Method" and Naomi Klein's "The Shock Doctrine", the next two on the Audible list. 

https://nypost.com/2021/11/04/authorities-arrest-steele-dossier-contributor-igor-danchenko/

Im sure the astute analysts on this thread went through this latest embarrassment to the corporate left thoroughly. 

If Russia gate could be trumped up, what does that say about Jan 6? The whistleblowers are numerous at this point. The corporate left continues to be obsessed with Trump while Brandon dismantles and segregates the country while handing it to the federal reserve and their corporate interests. Talk about freedom…

Anyone here know about FASAB 56 signed during the Trump years? That would be something to legitimately target if you are a leftist, but strangely there is silence from AOC to Pelosi to Warren. They are more concerned with cheering on censorship. 

Well, I can only shake my head about the credulity of Benjamin Cole and the Trumpsters here.  Critical thinking?  Huh?

First Trump advertised his Russia-gate cover up scenario as, "Obama-gate," then it was "Spy-gate," then he presented his carefully contrived, "Nunes Memo."  They were all debunked as nothing burgers.

The available evidence has clearly shown that the 2016 Trump campaign had extensive contacts with Kremlin officials, and that Putin meddled in our election to put Trump in the White House-- as Felix Sater foretold in 2015.  Paul Manafort repeatedly committed perjury during the Mueller investigation, but knew all along that Trump would pardon him if he stonewalled the investigation-- in a blatant case of witness tampering and obstruction of justice by a sitting President.

Next, Barr was appointed as AG in a dubious 53 Senate party-line vote, and promptly aborted the Mueller investigation, presenting a false summary of the results, while withholding the unredacted Report from Congress and tying it up in the courts-- to this day! 

Lastly, Barr appointed Durham to cook another Russia-gate Denial nothing burger for public consumption.

So, when do we finally get to read the Barr-aborted, heavily-redacted Mueller Report?

Similarly, Trump is now aggressively trying to block access to the records of his involvement in the January 6th coup attempt.

And I'm still waiting for Benjamin Cole to answer my old question about how an alleged Deep State "false flag" January 6th attack on Congress could have conceivably benefited anyone but Donald Trump.

Perhaps Ben could apply his critical thinking skills to answering that question.

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well, I can only shake my head about the credulity of Benjamin Cole and the Trumpsters here.  Critical thinking?  Huh?

First Trump advertised his Russia-gate cover up scenario as, "Obama-gate," then it was "Spy-gate," then he presented his carefully contrived, "Nunes Memo."  They were all debunked as nothing burgers.

The available evidence has clearly shown that the 2016 Trump campaign had extensive contacts with Kremlin officials, and that Putin meddled in our election to put Trump in the White House-- as Felix Sater foretold in 2015.  Paul Manafort repeatedly committed perjury during the Mueller investigation, but knew all along that Trump would pardon him if he stonewalled the investigation-- in a blatant case of witness tampering and obstruction of justice by a sitting President.

Next, Barr was appointed as AG in a dubious 53 Senate party-line vote, and promptly aborted the Mueller investigation, presenting a false summary of the results, while withholding the unredacted Report from Congress and tying it up in the courts-- to this day! 

Lastly, Barr appointed Durham to cook another Russia-gate Denial nothing burger for public consumption.

So, when do we finally get to read the Barr-aborted, heavily-redacted Mueller Report?

Similarly, Trump is now aggressively trying to block access to the records of his involvement in the January 6th coup attempt.

And I'm still waiting for Benjamin Cole to answer my old question about how an alleged Deep State "false flag" January 6th attack on Congress could have conceivably benefited anyone but Donald Trump.

Perhaps Ben could apply his critical thinking skills to answering that question.

You forgot one other aspect.

The creature of habit repeated his actions right after finishing his Jan 6th inciting a riot speech.

Someone more intelligent realized(easier prosecution) they couldn't have him leading the crowd on foot. So a final  deferral was issued.

This, along with the four educational and one medical(BS that Michael Cohen(personal attorney) exposed) for Vietnam War duty.

A full circle.

MHbA9V.png

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

W.-

Please try to keep the conversation, well, conversational.  If we disagree on issues and perceptions, that's fine. You have your views, and I have mine. 

Why not express your views, but respect the views of others, and leave it at that?

That is the art of civil discourse. 

For those interested, Glenn Greenwald asks interesting questions about 1.6:

None of the 600 rioters arrested on Jan. 6 appears to have any conspiratorial connections, and that is based on charges levelled at them by federal prosecutors working for the Biden Administration. 

1.6 appears very much to have been a scrum, unless there were federal assets in the crowd, or assets that enabled participants to get to Washington. 

Why the Capitol Police were so undermanned on Jan. 6---with the Commander of the Civil Disturbance Unit in suburban Maryland making meatloaf in the afternoon, by the WaPo account---remains a question. 

It is curious the the top guys at Oathkeepers and Patriot Boys, a Stewart Rhodes and Enrique Tarrio, are suspected of being federal assets, and Tarrio is a confirmed asset in the past.  

M$M has a narrative on 1.6, but it is looking dubious. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

W.-

Please try to keep the conversation, well, conversational.  If we disagree on issues and perceptions, that's fine. You have your views, and I have mine. 

Why not express your views, but respect the views of others, and leave it at that?

That is the art of civil discourse. 

Ben,

Civility also consists in attending to the evidence that others present, and in answering the salient questions that they ask in the course of a conversation, rather than simply ignoring their detailed rebuttals and repeating the same dubious talking points.

As for respecting people's opinions, are we to respect opinions that are refuted by the facts?

I think it was the late Daniel Patrick Moynihan who said, "You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts."

That is my main gripe with the Trump/Fox MAGA-verse-- it is often predicated on "alternate facts."

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

Civility also consists in attending to the evidence that others present, and in answering the salient questions that they ask in the course of a conversation, rather than simply ignoring their detailed rebuttals and repeating the same dubious talking points.

As for respecting people's opinions, are we to respect opinions that are refuted by the facts?

I think it was the late Daniel Patrick Moynihan who said, "You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts."

That is my main gripe with the Trump/Fox MAGA-verse-- it is often predicated on "alternate facts."

W.-

But I am not a Trumper-MAGA guy. I try to judge each book, news story or video on its merits. 

I am deeply skeptical, unfortunately cynical, about both major political parties and their allied media and embedded relations with the Deep State. 

I may feel the same way about the "liberal" M$M that you do about other news outlets.

I have an uneasy feeling that the "liberal" M$M is no longer presents fact-based narratives, but I do not impugn your judgement and perspectives by suggesting you are deluded, or harboring your own facts. 

Sometimes I feel you do not respond to my posts, but that is your right, and I respect it. This is a forum for presenting views. 

It is enough to present contrasting views, and to remain dubious about whatever stories we are fed by corporate media. I look forward to presentations, even if I often disagree. 

Oh, yeah -- "Affordable Health Care":

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/call-center-helps-americans-access-obamacare-struggle-afford-insurance-rcna4386

A call center helps Americans access Obamacare. They struggle to afford their own insurance.

"It's a hard pill to swallow," a frustrated Maximus call center worker said.

Oh, yeah -- "Wages going up"
Edited by David Andrews

9 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

W.-

But I am not a Trumper-MAGA guy. I try to judge each book, news story or video on its merits. 

I am deeply skeptical, unfortunately cynical, about both major political parties and their allied media and embedded relations with the Deep State. 

I may feel the same way about the "liberal" M$M that you do about other news outlets.

I have an uneasy feeling that the "liberal" M$M is no longer presents fact-based narratives, but I do not impugn your judgement and perspectives by suggesting you are deluded, or harboring your own facts. 

Sometimes I feel you do not respond to my posts, but that is your right, and I respect it. This is a forum for presenting views. 

It is enough to present contrasting views, and to remain dubious about whatever stories we are fed by corporate media. I look forward to presentations, even if I often disagree. 

Ben,

Let's, briefly, analyze this with regard to three serious Trump crimes-- Russia-gate, Ukraine-gate, and the January 6th coup attempt.  There is no equivalence with anything involving "liberals" or Democrats.  Trump's criminal conduct has been unprecedented in American history.

In all three cases, Trump's modus operandi has been the same (with major assistance from Fox News, Breitbart, and various right wing propaganda outlets.)

1)  Obstruct investigations-- e.g., by firing law enforcement and/or prosecutors (e.g., Sally Yates, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Jeff Sessions, Robert Mueller, etc.)

2)  Deflect attention from Trump's crimes by accusing the investigators/opposition of illegal conduct (e.g., Obama-gate, Spy-gate, Nunes Memo, Durham Report, Patriot Purge, etc.)

3)  Stonewall investigations by refusing to comply with subpoenas or answer questions

4)  Tie up critical criminal evidence in the courts for years-- through endless appeals

Here's the latest chapter in the endless saga of Trump committing crimes and obstructing justice.

Former DOJ official Jeffrey Clark declines to answer panel questions : NPR

November 6, 2021

Donald Trump Cashed In On Jan. 6 Riot Furor, Records Show

“Hotel dollars and invective piled up as his supporters gathered for the attack on the U.S. Capitol.”

By Mary Papenfuss

11/05/2021 10:10pm EDT

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-dc-hotel-room-prices-capitol-riot-gathering_n_6185d1ede4b055e47d7ab44d

“Former President Donald Trump has been accused of inciting the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, and it appears he also profited from it, according to records examined by Forbes magazine.

As Trump touted the coming gathering of his supporters — at one point last December tweeting: “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!” — the price of the least expensive rooms in his Washington hotel zoomed from $476 to $1,999. Just over a week later, prices hit $3,600 — and eventually reached an astonishing $8,000 on Jan. 6, Forbes reported.”

Room rates at the DC Hote December 20 – January 30, 2021:

https://twitter.com/Z_Everson/status/1344629191480905728

Who says crime doesn't pay?

Steve Thomas