• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

FEATURE

NYT-The Crisis of Election Security

As the midterms approach, America’s electronic voting systems are more vulnerable than ever. Why isn’t anyone trying to fix them?

By Kim Zetter

Sept. 26, 2018

It was mid-July 2016 when Neil Jenkins learned that someone had hacked the Illinois Board of Elections. Jenkins was a director in the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications at the Department of Homeland Security, the domestic agency with a congressional mandate to protect “critical infrastructure.” Although election systems were not yet formally designated as such — that wouldn’t happen until January 2017 — it was increasingly clear that the presidential election was becoming a national-security issue. Just a month before, Americans had been confronted with the blockbuster revelation that Russian government actors had hacked the Democratic National Committee’s servers and stolen private email and opposition research against Donald Trump, the Republican presidential candidate.

And now, it emerged, someone was trying to infiltrate the election system itself. The Illinois intruders had quietly breached the network in June and spent weeks conducting reconnaissance. After alighting on the state’s voter-registration database, they downloaded information on hundreds of thousands of voters. Then something went wrong, and the attackers crashed a server, alerting officials to their presence.

---30---

Just reminder to retain a dose of skepticism when reading M$M.

Only a few short years ago, the M$M was suggesting election machinery was very vulnerable, could be hacked, untraceably, compromised, and it was a serious problem.

Add on, the mail-in and absentee ballots were vulnerable to gaming. Well, before 2020 that is. In 2020 the nation ran a perfect, squeaky clean election, above reproach. 

Now, of course, if anyone says election results could be jiggered with, they are branded a conspiracy nut. 

This does not mean Trump was justified in his actions, or that the 2020 election was tilted.

But why the big switch in M$M narratives from 2018 to 2020? 

57 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Bravo!  Look at the crowds.  Little donnie boy has to be jealous.  #StandWithUkraine.

Zelensky addresses Europe: "If we will fall, you will fall so please don't be silent" (yahoo.com)

So to clarify Ron, this is in Prague tonight  people listening to an address from Zelensky!

And in going to the twitter link, I see  this is from Tbilisi Georgia, allegedly tonight as well. Yow! This is a real West PR coup.  At first one almost thinks all these people are singing! Ha

9 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Tucker Carlson "apologizes?"

Yeah right!

Like he really feels remorse for his America and Biden putdowns and Russia defending during this siege?

How many times have we seen and heard nerdy offended looking and puckish sounding Tucker Wucker put his outrageous commentary foot in his mouth, create a firestorm of outraged backlash and when the heat gets so bad with even advertisers dropping his show... then and ONLY THEN does he come out with these weak and phony "apologies?"

What will it take for the supposed "more patriotic" media organization FOX NEWS to stand by their hyper charged flag waving "we love this country - unlike liberals" image promotion to finally "fire" this ... this high pitched whining, constantly pinch-eyed offended, junior high school squealer looking nerd of an excuse for a news journalist who will even defend our enemies as long as doing so can damage Joe Biden.  

Shame on Pucker Tucker and shame on FOX NEWS for enabling and promoting this anti-American propagandist, especially at this unbelievably heightened and precarious world danger time.

Yeah Joe, Check this out!

Ben I know it's been a tough week, with W.  and I tag teaming, first W. exposing Matt Taibbi's confessing, in his zeal to expose the Deep State, he got completely punk'd by Putin. Then my expose' of Glenn Greenwald starting out as a corporate lawyer defending Goldman Sachs, then backing  Citizen's United and taking money from the Koch's for starters.

But I must continue with the carpet bombing blitzkrieg and pick on some low hanging fruit and expose the hypocritical turnaround in rhetoric from you favorites Tucker Carlson and Mike Pompeo, not to mention Trump, who I assume you're over with.

Aaron Mate will come in time.

*In fairness to Ben, he has not been among the pro Putin apologists here.

https://youtu.be/XS9d6h8ZwPU

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

42 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

So to clarify Ron, this is in Prague tonight  people listening to an address from Zelensky!

And in going to the twitter link, I see  this is from Tbilisi Georgia, allegedly tonight as well. Yow! This is a real West PR coup.  At first one almost thinks all these people are singing! Ha

Wow Kirk.  That video from Georgia is just astounding.  Though I don't know what they are saying, singing or otherwise.  They do seem happy over the speech.

Edited by Ron Bulman

32 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Yeah Joe, Check this out!

Ben I know it's been a tough week, with W.  and I tag teaming, first W. exposing Matt Taibbi's confessing, in his zeal to expose the Deep State, he got completely punk'd by Putin. Then my expose' of Glenn Greenwald starting out as a corporate lawyer defending Goldman Sachs, then backing  Citizen's United and taking money from the Koch's for starters.

But I must continue with the carpet bombing blitzkrieg and pick on some low hanging fruit and expose the hypocritical turnaround in rhetoric from you favorites Tucker Carlson and Mike Pompeo, not to mention Trump, who I assume you're over with.

Aaron Mate will come in time.

*In fairness to Ben, he has not been among the pro Putin apologists here.

https://youtu.be/XS9d6h8ZwPU

Kirk-

Hey, I have said all along Putin is a thug. 

But just because Putin is a thug...does not mean the M$M, national security state and globalists, the new Donks and the old neocon GOP---the DC blob---are angels. 

Hey, remember: According to "Dr." Fiona Hill, Biden precipitated Ukraine by  showing weakness in Afghanistan. 

The globe is a carousel of tar babies, and the US can never get off. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

Russia to the U.S.:
For 20 years, We've been waiting for you to admit the Ukraine to Nato.
In the last 13 years, you've only admitted Montenegro.
Montenegro ? what an insult!
It's too late now! We're going to invade Ukraine without you!

Anybody here ever had a relationship like that?  I confess, I have.

4 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Did someone from the Kremlin actually say everything is f'd?

I don't mean to act like everything is simple.But...

Here's an ethnic map of Ukraine. The Russian speaking area is what 10%? and Russia already took over Crimea, the island at the bottom. So what is it now 2-3 %?
Nobody should have to go because of their background, but if it was that bad, why haven't they? It's not like pre war Jews isolated in Munich! They'd have to relocate all of  0-50 miles to  their Motherland Russia next door. Who here has relocated 50 miles in their lives? I have! 

More recently, Russia crosses the border, tells people they're in great danger, buses them to Russia, feeds  them and interviews them and broadcasts it over and over on RT.

Languages of Ukraine - Wikipedia

Inline image
Edited by Kirk Gallaway