The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Stopping that convoy was only a matter of time when the adjacent ground turned to mud, and all of the convoy seemed to have been sent down that small road at once.

Putin has lost every part of this thing so far; militarily, and the"propaganda" aspect. I don't think his inner circle is willing to go down the toilet with him. He needs to negotiate an off-ramp for himself REALLY soon, or he is going to, uh, lose his job.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

21 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Stopping that convoy was only a matter of time when the adjacent ground turned to mud, and all of the convoy seemed to have been sent down that small road at once.

Putin has lost every part of this thing so far; militarily, and the"propaganda" aspect. I don't think his inner circle is willing to go down the toilet with him. He needs to negotiate an off-ramp for himself REALLY soon, or he is going to, uh, lose his job.

From my limited knowledge of modern-era warfare, having a long stalled convoy like that is a huge failure. If the front vehicles are knocked out, or the road successfully blocked, the convoy become sitting ducks, all flank and no front. 

Ukraine must have no cruise missiles or drones, or military preparedness. Even guys on motorcycles with RPGs, or IEDS would be effective. 

As we all say, pray for peace. I hope the Russian soldiers say they do not want to shoot at people far from home in the cold, and they start to go home. 

This was a volitional war by Putin.  

38 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

That filing makes it pretty clear that Trump will be getting indicted for 1/6 crimes.

Matt,

This establishes intent. Trump lost, and knew he had lost. He deliberately attempted to overthrow the government anyway.

This is sedition.

image.png.33aa915d5b94eb574a3e769bd1c3e48b.png

image.png.67d59cd80423d0e966926cbb96fe39c2.png

- George Conway -

"There's already, you know, reporting out there that Trump was telling his aides," Conway said, "and I know for a fact this to be true, that he was saying, 'How could I have lost to this guy? How could I have lost?' which means he knew he lost, which means he knew he was engaging in a fraud and knew he was engaging in a deceit, and the fact he was trying to obstruct the lawful function of the United States government puts this squarely, squarely under the scope of 18 U.S.C. section 371."

"At this point I don't see how the Justice Department can pass on this," he added.

https://www.rawstory.com/george-conway-trump-2656832615/

Steve Thomas

22 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

What Putin is doing right now in Ukraine is merely the most recent chapter in his 20 year KGB/oligarchic ops to divide and weaken Western democracies in Europe and the U.S. in order to expand Russian hegemony.

It's much worse than Americans realize.

What most people don't know is that the Soviet KGB never disappeared.  It merely went under the radar during the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991-- as did Dresden-based KGB Major Putin-- before eventually assuming control of the Russian Federation in the guise of "democratic" leaders like Putin (and his mentor Sobchak.)

Yeltsin would never have come to power without tacit KGB support.  And the KGB had long anticipated that the USSR would collapse.  They prepared for it.

In the process, the Russian Federation under Putin devolved into an international, oligarchic, KGB-directed crime syndicate.  And they were very aggressive with ops to de-stabilize Western democracies-- using oligarchic money to fund right wing politicians throughout Europe (including Boris Johnson , Le Pen, and Berlusconi) and Trump in the U.S.

The goal was to weaken and divide NATO, the EU, and U.S. society.

Putin and Russian oligarchs like Konstantin Malofeyev also funded superficially "Orthodox" fascist right wing agitators to destabilize Ukraine, as early as 2010 in Donetsk, four years before Putin's green men seized the Crimea in 2014.

An excellent book detailing this history is Catherine Belton's Putin's People.

Chapter 14 details Putin's Ukraine and EU ops during the past decade.

Chapter 15 focuses on Putin's KGB/oligarchic recruitment and entrapment of Donald Trump.

Putin's People: How the KGB Took Back Russia and Then Took On the West

https://www.amazon.com/Putins-People-Took-Back-Russia-ebook/dp/B07VMZYK13/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1646273626&sr=8-1

Kind of strange that I just mentioned Putin's oligarch Konstantin Malofeyev here yesterday, in the context of reviewing the history of Russian black ops in Ukraine during the past decade, as described in Catherine Belton's book Putin's People.

A former Fox News Director Jack Hanick has just been indicted today for running a Kremlin propaganda corporation with Malofeyev.*

Meanwhile, Russia Today laid off its American staff today.

My belief is that Rupert Murdoch has also been getting billions from Putin's KGB oligarchs to promote Kremlin disinformazia in the U.S.  Just a hypothesis at present.

IMO, it's no accident that so many journalists on both ends of the political spectrum "faceplanted" on Ukraine and accurate reporting about Putin's totalitarian police state.

* Former Fox News Director Jack Hanick Indicted for Helping Russia

Former Fox News Director Jack Hanick Indicted for Helping Russia (yahoo.com)

Edited by W. Niederhut

Hey, hate to bring it up, but I want this to be a Putin free free speech zone. Oh good grief! the Litvin forces have gotten a hold of this Stone interview before Russia invaded Ukraine and it's rather embarrassing. I warned Jim to just stay put when the "Destiny Betrayed" 4 hour was soon to come out.  But I didn't think Oliver needed warning.

Abby Martin: Well, especially because Operation Northwoods was revealed by the JFK Records Act and it revealed a false flag operation that was being proposed, which is mocked relentlessly, the idea of conspiracies in the U.S. media. Meanwhile they accused Putin of bombing his own apartment buildings, they accused them of concocting a false flag to invade Ukraine right now they are calling for preemptive strikes on Ukraine right now. What lessons can we glean from JFK today with what we're seeing come full circle, Oliver, we're in the middle of cold war 2.0.

**This unfortunately is what happens when people who think exactly alike get together,  a lot of reinforcing. First off, what a kiss butt leading question to ask. It's so unprofessional. It comes of as an infomercial.

Oliver Stone: Exactly, exactly except they're not communists, they're capitalists. It's no longer the Soviet Union it's Russia so it's continue, maybe it's about money in the end that they have to keep this thing going and they need an enemy and they have to build up this enemy with China, Russia, Iran, Venezuela, ... Cuba. It doesn't end, I mean Syria … there's all kinds of false flags have been planted for years now and it's just it's getting stupider and stupider and it gets really, as you say it's very scary right now, Ukraine. I've been following that situation since 2014 and it's scary beyond belief because it's so irrational what we're doing, for example we've been saying that Russia is going to invade Ukraine for about three months now; building it up in the media like it's like a build-up, a campaign for an advertising, ignoring completely the Ukrainian on the ground situation which is that the Ukrainian armies on the border of a autonomous what would like to be an autonomous republic inside Ukraine, These people are Russian people, they're born - they speak the Russian language, their loyalty is to Russia and it's been that way for forever, since World War II. They were robbed of their democracy when the, when the American protests at Maidan Square happened. They, you know what happened, the Americans came in, supported the bill, put five billion dollars into Ukraine, and created this demonstration, this monstrosity with a lot of false information - that the President of Ukraine was a was a thief and a bum and he had he agreed to go to early elections and it was ignored in in the media, and now here we are in a situation where we replaced him in a coup d'etat and we put a guy in who had no, he was not, no standing among the in the eastern part of Ukraine - they didn't want him. So it's not, it wasn't a democracy anymore it turned out they'd been elected the original guy had been elected, now they have a counterfeit leader, they don't believe in them, but no one tells you that they were killed. A lot of people were murdered when that coup happened, that they were burned to death in Odessa, yeah, they burned the the uh and who burned them a lot of them were neo-Nazis we find that out they we find out that a large portion of the military situation in of the military of the Ukrainian army is fascist.

Abby Martin: It's insane when you look at the imperial arrogance of the United States to look at a country bordering with Russia and say we need to do something about that.

Yes insane, Thank you  Abby, Who can spin this imperialistic Russian invasion as the actual work of the imperialist U.S.? Yes, It's so obvious it's  the U.S. Nato aggression,when there's been one lame admission (Montenegro) to Nato in the last 13 years, and there was no prospect of Ukraine.  No one from the Putin camp will dare ask, why now?..

Now Stone has put out his views on his Facebook page. I assume people on his facebook page are largely his fans, unlike with twitter. I would say the response from his normally partisan audience is about 60-40 against. The nays seem a bit more articulate. The yays seem or more appreciative or maybe dependent.

https://www.facebook.com/TheOliverStone/posts/508790867270967

I fear the "Destiny Betrayed" 4 hour  will only further attract die hard Trump Q anoners without any research discipline, which may be  good for Jim, but not the JFKAC.. Thanks a lot.

These are questions any professional reporter would ask Stone.   

Stone:we've been saying that Russia is going to invade Ukraine for about three months now;

Like Jeff, Stone thought Putin was so virtuous, he was confident. Neither had much more foresight is about all I can say.

Stone: America put five billion dollars into Ukraine, and created this demonstration,
and what proof do you have?, do you have any receipts? does it say on the line  for Demonstration/ revolution.? Stone got this from RT.
The facts are the U.S. spent 5 billion from 1991 to 2014 in Ukraine to "support Ukrainians as they build democratic skills and institutions, as they promote civic participation and good governance", You can snicker at that if you want to, but it was over 23 years! That would seem as a lot of money to RT, but to the U.S. it's a drop in the bucket and there's no proof it went to the overthrow of the Ukrainian government.

Stone:with a lot of false information - that the President of Ukraine was a was a thief
Yanukovych plundered his mother country, and Stone naively gave him a platform in exile through an interview.

Toppled Mafia President caused  Ukraine up to 100 billion. Prosecutors said:  That's with a "b"!

Check out the mansion he left behind. he knew he would be investigated and fled.

Stone: now they have a counterfeit leader, they don't believe in them, --a lot of them were neo-Nazis

Stone bought the Putin fascist kool aid. They elected a Jew with 82% of the vote! Get real!

Stone:These people are Russian people, they're born - they speak the Russian language, their loyalty is to Russia and it's been that way for forever, since World War II. They were robbed of their democracy!

Right and Putin was going to take back just those Russian provinces, right Oliver? And now Putin's devastating the
entire country!
"They were robbed of their democracy".??? But let's talk about  the Russian population. Here is an ethnic map of Ukraine. The Russian parts aren't' even 10%! And now that Russia has taken Crimea 2-3%.

We told you you couldn't trust him. So now we're going to have to roll our eyes, and respect another conspiracy, like the Trump conspiracy, where people gave themselves over to an illusion and naively trusted Putin and now just can't admit it was a human disaster.?

image.jpeg.678ad2b9593ae842eb3f165841246ed3.jpeg 
Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Right now there are firefights on a  nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine. The foreign minister has put out a plea to the Russians to stop firing on the plant in order to allow officials to put the fire out, and there is said to be elevated levels of radiation.

We'll see how this develops.

Now a CORRECTION, there are not elevated levels of radiation at this time. But there is a fire, and the firemen who are trying to put the fire out are being fired at point blank by Russians.They're being asked to stop firing.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

15 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Right now there are firefights on a  nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine. The foreign minister has put out a plea to the Russians to stop firing on the plant in order to allow officials to put the fire out, and there is said to be elevated levels of radiation.

We'll see how this develops.

Now a CORRECTION, there are not elevated levels of radiation at this time. But there is a fire, and the firemen who are trying to put the fire out are being fired at point blank by Russians.They're being asked to stop firing.

Carter must be overjoyed! Those Nasis are getting their just deserts! Putin is doing the reasonable thing under the circumstances.

Inside Russia, people that call the invasion "a war" or "an invasion" instead of a "special military operation" are being told they will receive 15 year prison terms.

At this point I'm not seeing much difference between the old USSR and the current Russia.

A lot of false information got passed around on TV and on the internet tonight about the nuclear plant thing, and that doesn't help anyone.

I understand that Ukraine wants help from the rest of Europe, U.S. and/or NATO, but escalation doesn't help anything.

I feel horrible that Ukraine is going through this, but this needs to be dealt with intelligently, not emotionally. And that means accepting there are no good, fast solutions.

11 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

A lot of false information got passed around on TV and on the internet tonight about the nuclear plant thing, and that doesn't help anyone.

I understand that Ukraine wants help from the rest of Europe, U.S. and/or NATO, but escalation doesn't help anything.

I feel horrible that Ukraine is going through this, but this needs to be dealt with intelligently, not emotionally. And that means accepting there are no good, fast solutions.

How about offering $1 million to every Russian woman age 16 through 36 who comes to America?