Jump to content
The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Lab leak Covid-19 theory is like something out of a comic book, virologist says

By Maggie Fox, CNN March 31, 2021

So...when to believe M$M...and when to be skeptical? 

 

Tis like something out of a comic book. Gotta love Matt Groening. Think this was 2010. 
 

Symptoms: “Mild thirst, occasional hunger, tiredness at night.” 😌

Edited by Chris Barnard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Steve Thomas

    1194

  • Douglas Caddy

    1115

  • W. Niederhut

    1022

  • Benjamin Cole

    935

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

She's just fighting for her country, and we appreciate it.

People thought the same about Dick Cheney and they appreciated it. Often wisdom comes at the end of the day. We hear the phrase “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” Whilst there are exceptions to rules, there is a lot of truth in the statement. As small children we are shaped and moulded by our parents and their views, in more ways than we even know. 
“Beware a wolf in sheep's clothing.” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A brief comment about the thread process.

After repeatedly hijacking discussions here about Trump's historic crimes in order to promote his faux "theory" that January 6th was a Deep State false flag, Benjamin Cole has now hijacked the thread, once again, by attacking an investigator of Trump's crimes. 

And what an attack it was!  😵

Ben resorted to the nastiest of misogynistic slurs -- metaphorically sodomizing Congresswoman Liz Cheney for participating in the investigation of Trump's January 6th coup attempt.

Now I'm wondering about Ben's relationship with his goats.

As for the real story right now... 

It's not about Liz Cheney.  It's about Donald Trump-- the subject Ben is trying to dodge.

It's about the only POTUS in American history who ever actively and deliberately abused his official Presidential powers to obstruct a peaceful transfer of power after losing an election.

 

Edited by W. Niederhut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From today's front page New York Times article, "For many who marched on January 6, it was only the beginning":

A national survey led by Robert Pape, the director of the Chicago Project on Security and Threats at the University of Chicago, concluded that about 47 million American adults, or one in every five, agreed with the statement that “the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump and Joe Biden is an illegitimate president.” Of those, about 21 million, or 9 percent of American adults, shared the belief that animated many of those who went beyond marching and invaded the Capitol, Mr. Pape said: that the use of force was justified to restore Mr. Trump to the presidency.

 

“They are combustible material, like an amount of dry brushwood that could be set off during wildfire season by a lightning strike or by a spark,” he said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

'Very unfair': Trump decries focus on Ivanka, Don Jr., and Eric

by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist January 21, 2022

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/washington-secrets/trump-decries-focus-on-ivanka-don-jr-eric-very-unfair

“It's a very unfair situation for my children. Very, very unfair,” he told Secrets in a telephone call.

“They are using whatever powers they have. They couldn't care less. They are vicious people,” Trump said of the panel.

“It's a disgrace, what's going on. They're using these things to try and get people's minds off how incompetently our country is being run. And they don't care. They'll go after children,” Donald Trump said.

"They've done a great job," he said. "You know Ivanka very well, and you know the quality of her," he added. "For them to have to go through all this stuff is a disgrace."

 

Poor little kids.

Steve Thomas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kirk, I find Barlow's book is not at hand just now. I'll have to refresh my memory of the particulars. But, from a prominent Wyoming family, Barlow was was active in the Republican party there for a time. He thought Cheney's policies were nuts, but, he found a kind of integrity in the man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

From today's front page New York Times article, "For many who marched on January 6, it was only the beginning":

A national survey led by Robert Pape, the director of the Chicago Project on Security and Threats at the University of Chicago, concluded that about 47 million American adults, or one in every five, agreed with the statement that “the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump and Joe Biden is an illegitimate president.” Of those, about 21 million, or 9 percent of American adults, shared the belief that animated many of those who went beyond marching and invaded the Capitol, Mr. Pape said: that the use of force was justified to restore Mr. Trump to the presidency.

 

“They are combustible material, like an amount of dry brushwood that could be set off during wildfire season by a lightning strike or by a spark,” he said.

Doug Caddy-

I happen to agree with you, and that Trump & Co. need to accept the results of the election. That said, both parties have described mail-in and absentee ballots as pathways to fishiness. 

As for describing the results of elections to be legitimate, the Donks are already suggesting 2022 results will be less than that. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/01/joe-biden-has-tough-line-to-toe-on-illegitimate-election-concerns

After saying the 2020 elections were the cleanest in history, the Donks now say unless reforms are passed, the next election cycle will be illegitimate.

From VF:

"I’m not going to say it’s going to be legit,” Biden said. “The increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these reforms passed.”

To some extent, this was the mostly unspoken concern among Democrats about what the GOP’s moves could mean: If they make it harder to vote and install Trump loyalists to oversee the process, that process could be compromised. But it’s nevertheless striking to hear a president not named Donald Trump express a lack of confidence in the election process—and it’s possible that it could hurt his own cause. “We can’t pretend there isn’t an effort right now on the state level to make it tougher to vote in 2022 than it was in 2020,” as CNN’s Jake Tapper put it. “That being said, if we are now saying that any election like that is an illegitimate election, then point me to one American election that’s been legitimate.”

---30---

Unfortunately, everything today is partisanship and political theater.

Today, if one has concerns about "ballot harvesting" then one is a Trump-nut, although exactly the same concerns were raised in 2004 about ballots in Ohio and the victory of George W. Bush---concerns that promoted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., printed in Rolling Stone magazine and assented to by Bill Clinton. 

Bad as things were in 2004, partisanship may be worse today. You can see the results of this virulent, even unbalanced partisanship on these pages.  

And yes, I regard anything Liz Cheney says as suspect. Or Joe Biden. Or Trump. 

Oddly enough, when it comes to skillful lying, Trump is something of an amateur.

When an accomplished xxxx speaks---a Biden or a Cheney---there is always some plausibility to the message, and that convinces the gullible. 

Trump's commentary is often implausible. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

People thought the same about Dick Cheney and they appreciated it. Often wisdom comes at the end of the day. We hear the phrase “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” Whilst there are exceptions to rules, there is a lot of truth in the statement. As small children we are shaped and moulded by our parents and their views, in more ways than we even know. 
“Beware a wolf in sheep's clothing.” 

There can also be a vast schism between a leader's personality, and their policies, and the effect of those policies on great masses of people. 

By many accounts, former President George W. Bush personally is a pleasant and even witty fellow.  Yet his policies got the US into two fantastically expensive counterproductive wars, replete with endless human sorrow. And for what?  

Similarly, by many accounts Don Trump is a singularly unlikeable man, treacherous in many levels.

Yet Trump avoided starting a major war, and positively re-oriented trade policy to China despite affronting the most powerful globalist capitalist enterprises of all time (Apple, Disney, BlackRock, WalMart, GM, Silicon Valley, Wall Street, etc.), all of whom are deep in bed with the CCP. 

LBJ's personality may have even been worse than Trump's (and indeed, LBJ may have been headed to prison except for the JFKA, and some suspect with good reason LBJ participated in Texas-land murders).  Of course, LBJ got the US into Vietnam, yet also was instrumental in getting Voting Rights Bills passed.

Unfortunately, many wear opaque partisan blinders and even unsubtle nuances count for nothing. 

I remain skeptical of both political parties.  

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of political theater:

Liz Cheney Issues Warning After Newt Gingrich Says 1/6 Committee Members May Face Jail

BY JASON LEMON ON 1/23/22 AT 4:25 PM EST--Newsweek

Representative Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican, responded with a warning after prominent Republican Newt Gingrich suggested that members of the House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021 attack against the U.S. Capitol could face jail time if the GOP returns to power."

---30---

Maybe there is a civil war brewing.  Biden, Cheney, Gingrich, Trump sure are fanning the flames....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

There can also be a vast schism between a leader's personality, and their policies, and the effect of those policies on great masses of people. 

By many accounts, former President George W. Bush personally is a pleasant and even witty fellow.  Yet his policies got the US into two fantastically expensive counterproductive wars, replete with endless human sorrow. And for what?  

Similarly, by many accounts Don Trump is a singularly unlikeable man, treacherous in many levels.

Yet Trump avoided starting a major war, and positively re-oriented trade policy to China despite affronting the most powerful globalist capitalist enterprises of all time (Apple, Disney, BlackRock, WalMart, GM, Silicon Valley, Wall Street, etc.), all of whom are deep in bed with the CCP. 

LBJ's personality may have even been worse than Trump's (and indeed, LBJ may have been headed to prison except for the JFKA, and some suspect with good reason LBJ participated in Texas-land murders).  Of course, LBJ got the US into Vietnam, yet also was instrumental in getting Voting Rights Bills passed.

Unfortunately, many wear opaque partisan blinders and even unsubtle nuances count for nothing. 

I remain skeptical of both political parties.  

 

 

 

I heard someone today speak of the American political parties as “two wings of the same bird” or more crudely “two cheeks of the same arse.” 
 

You’re right to be skeptical, suspicious, and vigilant when it comes to politicians. We have a whole history to study and see the commonalities, behaviours, and traits of ambitious people serving their own interests before their country. We can step into almost any country and see the same. Perhaps putting money at the top of the list of desirable life achievements creates a bad culture?! Perhaps not holding corrupt politicians accountable sets a precedent that tells young people that this is the way to make it. I did see a headline or two the other day about trading the markets in congress, how is that permitted? There is an obvious conflict of interests. 

 

Whichever side of the Atlantic we are, surely at some stage we have to stop believing in false profits and bad actors. It reeks of Napoleon’s definition of madness: people doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

 

G W Bush gets a right smashing in Russ Baker’s “Family of secrets.” It paints a very different picture of his character. 

 

When reading your post this story popped into my head, I think It may be from Pulp Fiction or a similar movie (feel free to correct). I think there is probably wisdom in this which perhaps relates to what you were saying.

THE STORY OF THE SPARROW
“On a beautiful winter day in Siberia, encouraged by the warm rays of the sun in a clear blue sky, a little sparrow left the security of his nest to fly and frolic in the air, but the 40o below zero temperature quickly overcame the imprudent bird who fell to the ground, frozen, and found himself buried in the snow where he would certainly have died in an instant. But by chance a cow trotted by at that moment, and at the very spot where the sparrow was struggling for his last breath, she dropped a large soft cow-dung on top of the bird. The warmth of this dung-bath resuscitated the moribund sparrow. He was so happy, he raised his head out of the cow-dooky and started to twitter joyfully, which drew the attention of a wandering homeless cat who delicately pulled the sparrow out of the dooky and devoured him.

The moral of this story: Your enemy is not necessarily the one who shits on your head. Your friend, however, is not necessarily the one who pulls you out of the dooky. And besides, one should never twitter when one is buried in dooky.“

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2022 at 1:12 PM, W. Niederhut said:

        Historically, Republicans have supported voting rights-- since 1965-- even as recently as 2006, when 17 Senate Republicans who just voted against this week's John Lewis Freedom to Vote Act voted to re-affirm the Voting Rights Act.

        So, what happened to the GOP after 2006?  What explains the newfound GOP sabotage of the Voting Rights Act, beginning with the 5-4 Republican SCOTUS vote in Shelby v. Holder (2013) to block enforcement of the VRA on the grounds that it was no longer necessary?

        In a nutshell, it's about Koch control of the GOP after 2009.

        The Koch's Heritage Foundation has been the driving force behind state GOP voter suppression bills, and the recent Senate sabotage of the John Lewis Freedom to Vote Act.

Conservative Lobby Groups Prevail as Senate Keeps the Filibuster

While it lobbied to kneecap federal voting rights reform, Heritage Action helped write a host of state-level voter suppression bills.

https://theintercept.com/2022/01/21/voting-rights-filibuster-senate-conservative-lobbying/

January 21, 2022

 

It looks like Ben needs to do some remedial reading about the history of Jim Crow era voter suppression, the 1965 Voting Rights Act, Shelby v. Holder, (2013) and the Koch/Heritage GOP voter suppression legislation introduced throughout the U.S. during the past decade.

The Koch strategy is about maintaining plutocratic GOP minority rule.

As for mail-in ballots, we've used them for years here in Colorado, and we've had no voter fraud, other than the recent shenanigans by a Trump official in Lauren Boebert's Republican district.

State Republicans take an aim at voting laws following 2020 election – The  Hilltop

Edited by W. Niederhut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"China’s Huawei Pays Tony Podesta $1 Million for White House Lobbying"

Eva Fu--Epoch Times, January 22, 2022

"Long-time Democratic power broker Tony Podesta has earned $1 million over the past half-year lobbying the Biden White House at the behest of a blacklisted Chinese tech giant, recent federal disclosures show.

Huawei, which was placed under trade sanctions during the Trump administration, paid Podesta $500,000 in the fourth quarter of 2021 in an attempt to shake off the trade impact of the restrictions, according to the disclosure form filed on the evening of Jan. 20. With the $500,000 Podesta made from the previous three months by lobbying the White House, he has been compensated $1 million over a six-month period for the lobbying effort.

Podesta’s latest lobbying campaign targeted the Executive Office of the President and centered around “telecommunications services and impacted trade issues,” according to the disclosure."

---30---

Well, I would not be the first to note that DC is awash in lobbyist lucre. 

What is concerning is the huge amount money proffered by multinationals, whether based in the US, China or Europe. The globalist mindset predominates, in both parties. 

More than ever, US military, foreign and trade policies answer to the globalist class. 

These globalist policies  have made employee-class Americans less prosperous, and thus promoted extremism, far more than any blowhards. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

"China’s Huawei Pays Tony Podesta $1 Million for White House Lobbying"

Eva Fu--Epoch Times, January 22, 2022

"Long-time Democratic power broker Tony Podesta has earned $1 million over the past half-year lobbying the Biden White House at the behest of a blacklisted Chinese tech giant, recent federal disclosures show.

Huawei, which was placed under trade sanctions during the Trump administration, paid Podesta $500,000 in the fourth quarter of 2021 in an attempt to shake off the trade impact of the restrictions, according to the disclosure form filed on the evening of Jan. 20. With the $500,000 Podesta made from the previous three months by lobbying the White House, he has been compensated $1 million over a six-month period for the lobbying effort.

Podesta’s latest lobbying campaign targeted the Executive Office of the President and centered around “telecommunications services and impacted trade issues,” according to the disclosure."

---30---

Well, I would not be the first to note that DC is awash in lobbyist lucre. 

What is concerning is the huge amount money proffered by multinationals, whether based in the US, China or Europe. The globalist mindset predominates, in both parties. 

More than ever, US military, foreign and trade policies answer to the globalist class. 

These globalist policies  have made employee-class Americans less prosperous, and thus promoted extremism, far more than any blowhards. 

 

 

Nevermind.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...