The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I am pretty much unaffiliated with both major parties. I have some vestiges of Donk support in my bones, from my youth.

Nonsense.  You're a guy who pushed Tucker Carlson's false "patriot purge" narrative about January 6th for weeks on this forum, while ignoring all of the contrary evidence people posted for you.  And you have repeatedly dismissed Trump's January 6th mob attack on the Congress as a mere "scrum."

You have also endlessly repeated Trump's bogus claim that his Russia-gate scandal was a "hoax," without even bothering to study the Mueller Report or the contrary evidence debunking your claim.

More recently, you have posted right wing nonsense claiming that Bill Barr's Durham investigation proved that Russia-gate was a hoax.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Nonsense.  You're a guy who pushed Tucker Carlson's false "patriot purge" narrative about January 6th for weeks on this forum, while ignoring all of the contrary evidence people posted for you.  And you have repeatedly dismissed Trump's January 6th mob attack on the Congress as a mere "scrum."

You have also endlessly repeated Trump's bogus claim that his Russia-gate scandal was a "hoax," without even bothering to study the Mueller Report or the contrary evidence debunking your claim.

More recently, you have posted right wing nonsense claiming that Bill Barr's Durham investigation proved that Russia-gate was a hoax.

W-

I have different viewpoints than you. In fact, I never watch Fox News, as I live in Thailand. 

Along with such intrepid reporters as Glenn Greenwald, Matt Taibbi and Aaron Mate, yes I rather suspect large parts of the Russia gate Hoax appeared to have been hyped by the M$M. 

Yes, there is something fishy about the 1/6 event, such as  extraordinarily light security at the Capitol---security which stood down, and that is on camera---yet an unknown number of federal plants in the crowd on 1/6. 

OK, I have different viewpoints on you on 1/6, and likely I do on Watergate as well, and on the JFKA, and on 9/11. 

So what? I suspect the Deep State hand in the aforementioned events. I care little whether Donks or 'Phants were involved. 

There are other narratives besides the M$M-approved, "Mr. Big Bad Orange is Really Really Bad!"

On a serious topic:

https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/chinas-relentless-export-machine/

The Aussies discuss China's export machine. 

Part of the globalization that Detroitified America. 

Biden wants to cut those tariffs on China imports. Reduce border controls. Bring down the cost of labor in America. 

You ever get the impression your government is working for somebody else? 

Texas GOP Website Crashes After Push for Vote to Secede From U.S.
By Andrew Stanton 06/20/2022
https://www.newsweek.com/texas-gop-website-crashes-after-push-vote-secede-us-1717449
"One particular tenet of the platform that has received attention is support for a referendum that, if supported by a majority of Texans, would allow the state to secede from the United States.
A section of the platform titled "State Sovereignty" stated: "The federal government has impaired our right of local self-government. Therefore, federally mandated legislation that infringes upon the 10th Amendment rights of Texas should be ignored, opposed, refused, and nullified."
The policy urges the state Legislature to require a referendum in the 2023 general election that would allow Texans "to determine whether or not the State of Texas should reassert its status as an independent nation.""

In 1860, it was South Carolina. Today, it's Texas

Steve Thomas

32 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Texas GOP Website Crashes After Push for Vote to Secede From U.S.
By Andrew Stanton 06/20/2022
https://www.newsweek.com/texas-gop-website-crashes-after-push-vote-secede-us-1717449
"One particular tenet of the platform that has received attention is support for a referendum that, if supported by a majority of Texans, would allow the state to secede from the United States.
A section of the platform titled "State Sovereignty" stated: "The federal government has impaired our right of local self-government. Therefore, federally mandated legislation that infringes upon the 10th Amendment rights of Texas should be ignored, opposed, refused, and nullified."
The policy urges the state Legislature to require a referendum in the 2023 general election that would allow Texans "to determine whether or not the State of Texas should reassert its status as an independent nation.""

In 1860, it was South Carolina. Today, it's Texas

Steve Thomas

The M$M has been pouring gasoline on polarization fires for years. 

The middle class has been disenfranchised through globalization while the two major parties aided and abetted the process. 

We are reaping the whirlwind. 

13 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

But what is "the right thing"?

1. Suppose you are a Donk, and you conflate party interests with national interests. That is certainly not a stretch, for any major figure in either party. 

2. You reason that if you prosecute Trump, two things are likely to  happen:

A. You could lose, elevating Trump. 

B. You could win, martyrizing Trump. 

3. You also reason that Trump, who carries a lot of baggage, is a less formidable opponent that DeSantis. And we all know people in the two major parties actually believe the fate of the nation rests in party victory. 

There are a lot of reasons to not prosecute Trump, from a Donk apparatchik's viewpoint. 

The right thing is not a politically calculated decision.

56 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

The right thing is not a politically calculated decision.

Oh, come. 

Both parties have repeatedly announced and declared, from the very pinnacles of righteousness, that the fate of nation rests in defeating the other party.

Ergo, the right thing for the nation, from the view of a blue or red  AG, is selective prosecution that defeats the other party. 

7 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Texas wants to exit from the United States. 

https://wapo.st/3bdJrio

The M$M has been pouring gasoline on polarization fires for years. 

The middle class has been disenfranchised through globalization while the two major parties aided and abetted the process. 

We are reaping the whirlwind. 

- Eric Greitens -

“We are sick and tired of the Republicans in Name Only surrendering to Joe Biden & the radical Left. Order your RINO Hunting Permit today! . There’s no bag limit, and no tag limit”

https://twitter.com/EricGreitens/status/1538876823978713089

You reap what you sow, I guess.

Steve Thomas

W. Good old Tom Tomorrow! The first 4 frames are so Ben!

Frame one--what's really going on?, a third rate burglary?

Frame two---It was the FBI provocateurs! I saw it on the internet!

Frame three---Portland was reduced to hellscape- Lets investigate!

Frame four----Tucker's right! More  border angst from Thailand!

I love that Trump comb over in frame 6!

Hey about that Texas secession?

Post image

Post image

Will Fritz baby picture?.

or is it Cruz?

Post image

is it the work of the msm?

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Oh, come. 

Both parties have repeatedly announced and declared, from the very pinnacles of righteousness, that the fate of nation rests in defeating the other party.

Ergo, the right thing for the nation, from the view of a blue or red  AG, is selective prosecution that defeats the other party. 

We are talking about the Attorney General not a political party. Garland should weigh the evidence and make a legal decision rather than a political one. 
I would also point out that when a political party becomes beholden to a wanna be autocrat who is willing to call to arms his supporters, that putting a stop to it is necessary. Think Berlin, and open your eyes a bit to the danger that Trump represents. I don’t even watch ‘news’. It doesn’t take much observation to see Trump as dangerous. Forget political corruption, forget Deep State. The last thing any of us living here want is a Trump led revolution, and that is what the Republican Party is now signing on to. And it doesn’t even matter if it’s DeSantis Trump or anyone other R in the White House in 2024, it’s infinitely worse than the current occupant for so many reasons. Partisanship? Of course I’m partisan. I’m clear eyed as to what the Democratic Party isn’t or is, and likewise the Republicans. It is the latter that is hell bent on reversing any social progress we have made, in undoing the vestiges of the New Deal, of any notion of women’s reproductive rights, any value in public education, any environmental regulation, and many other things.