The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Andrew Gillum, the 2018 Democratic nominee for Florida governor, has been indicted on 21 federal charges including conspiracy and wire fraud for funneling donations through third parties back to himself for personal use, prosecutors said Wednesday.

The U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Florida said Gillum, 42, is also charged with making false statements to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for claiming he didn’t receive or ask for anything from two undercover agents posing as developers. The undercover agents offered gifts and money in exchange for support for projects.

---30---

Another amateur. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Yeah W., I always thought Ron Johnson could be a big handsome Ben "populist" candidate. But the funniest thing is when he's confronted by reporters about his staff trying to deliver an illegitimate, fake slate of electors to Pence on 1/6.. He acts like he's preoccupied talking over his cell phone,(1:48) when a reporter tells him his cell phone  screen is  out in view to the reporter. Thus, Johnson is faking talking to the wrong side of the phone!

And then what a total BS excuse!

You can't make this stuff up!

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

The reverence for the august decisions of the Supreme Court...evaporates when they make politically unpopular decisions. 

The media will play up the divisive gun and abortion issues. Lots of blue v. red kool-aid pissing contests on tap. 

2 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The reverence for the august decisions of the Supreme Court...evaporates when they make politically unpopular decisions. 

The media will play up the divisive gun and abortion issues. Lots of blue v. red kool-aid pissing contests on tap. 

maybe so Ben, but just because people differ on important social issues doesn’t mean there are always two equally valid positions. I don’t mean to lecture you - I can be preachy at times - but sometimes I can’t tell if you are meaning to say that opposite perspectives are equally valid. Most southerners wanted to keep people enslaved, and they had good reasons from their perspective. Slavery is just plain wrong. I have ‘right to life’ cousins who will cheer the apparently upcoming Supreme Court decision, and then try to ban abortion in their blue state. Countries that ban assault weapons and tightly regulate others (like we regulate driving privileges) have far fewer gun deaths, and parents sleep easier knowing their school age kids are safer. Yeah, the media will play up divisive issues but for citizens it’s not just a pissing contest. There is a real history in so called Red states, which I’m sure you know. It’s just not right for white men to make the rules for women and brown people from their racist, sexist, religious perspectives. Don’t you wish for a fairer world? 

8 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

maybe so Ben, but just because people differ on important social issues doesn’t mean there are always two equally valid positions. I don’t mean to lecture you - I can be preachy at times - but sometimes I can’t tell if you are meaning to say that opposite perspectives are equally valid. Most southerners wanted to keep people enslaved, and they had good reasons from their perspective. Slavery is just plain wrong. I have ‘right to life’ cousins who will cheer the apparently upcoming Supreme Court decision, and then try to ban abortion in their blue state. Countries that ban assault weapons and tightly regulate others (like we regulate driving privileges) have far fewer gun deaths, and parents sleep easier knowing their school age kids are safer. Yeah, the media will play up divisive issues but for citizens it’s not just a pissing contest. There is a real history in so called Red states, which I’m sure you know. It’s just not right for white men to make the rules for women and brown people from their racist, sexist, religious perspectives. Don’t you wish for a fairer world? 

Of course I want a more fair world. 

1. Abortion. Egads, is there a "right" decision on this topic? Some people earnestly believe abortion is tantamount to murder. Even pro-abortionists quaver on the issue, by assenting that abortion would be wrong in, say, the seventh month of pregnancy. 

2. Gun rights. Again, civilized people disagree. I prefer a ban on much more than a single-shot, six-shot revolver. Others prefer easier or tighter regulations than my prescription. There is the issue of what is written in the Constitution, which actually confers the right to "bear arms," let alone simple rifles or pistols---and even the right to form militias. 

But what do abortion and gun rights have to do with white men oppressing others? Why are you conflating these issues? 

Also, why do you go the ID politics route? You think some middle-class white guys are the oppressors? 

Not upper-class people, of whatever color and sex? 

The owner of the Los Angeles Times is a very wealthy Han Chinese. Is he oppressing people? No, but he would be if he were white?

Well, matters little what I say.

The M$M and the American people are deeply absorbed by gun rights, ID politics, abortion, CRT, "pregnant people" while well-off women attending Santa Clara University are being trained to be "against the patriarchy." 

So it goes...

12 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

RoJo Implicated in Trump's Fake Elector Scam

wHVoSzS.jpg

Sen. Ron Johnson under fire over fake-electors disclosure at hearing (msn.com)

June 23, 2022

Colbert reviews the evidence that Trump's mule, RoJo, is possibly the dumbest Senator in U.S. history.

Edited by W. Niederhut

'Phants to steal defeat from jaws of victory?

The 'Phants brought abortion back to the front burner. This strikes me as a losing issue for the 'Phants. It looked like the 'Phants would crush the Donks in the pending mid-terms, but now....

Meanwhile, if you are around long enough, you get to watch the two parties hop from one side of the fence to other on any and all principles....

---30---

Schumer said in a tweet: "Today is one of the darkest days our country has ever seen."

"American women are having their rights taken by 5 unelected Justices on the extremist MAGA court," he added.

"These justices—appointed by Republicans and presiding without accountability—have stolen the fundamental right to abortion."

---30---

The language of politics never changes, it just gets put into new bottles.

Schumer's  “unelected judges” rant…wasn’t that what right-wingers used to say about federal courts? 

The Donk Schumer implies that judges appointed by 'Phants are not worth respect, they are unaccountable, and "MAGA extremists." 

Really, Chief Justice John G. Roberts is a "MAGA extremist"? 

But abortion is a great divisive issue, that gets the voting public nowhere. Expect this to get played up big.