The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Before tweeting, people should learn to spell, including Trump. 

"Stollen"? 

Like "swollen"? 

I often purposely spell that word ( GAD  ) that way.

Just a thing of mine about using this spelling version over the other more common one in public audience conversation text out of respect for those who may be offended by seeing the more common word used so loosely.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

49 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

If the FBI could warn Ruby Freeman to move out of her house "the week of" January 6th, why weren't they screaming bloody murder from the rooftops to warn the rest of the country?

Steve Thomas

I caught that too Steve.

Clearly sounds like the FBI strongly expected violence that day.

If only Raffensperger had said the following:

The January 6th committee yesterday played the actual tape of Trump trying to coerce Raffensperger into finding him 11,701 more votes to make Trump the winner of the 2020 presidential election Georgia vote.

It was a long call and Trump was highly animated and high pressure incessant in his repeated requests to Raffensperger to "do the right thing."

At one point I heard ( and anyone else listening to this tape also heard ) Trump telling Raffensperger what a "great risk" was involved here with Raffensperger's actions regarding finding these extra 13,701 votes for him.

He kept repeating this "risk warning" to Raffensperger to clearly emphasize it's context from his ( Trump's ) perspective.

This risk warning from Trump to Raffensperger sounded just like Mafia Godfather speak that we have seen in thousands of movies of that genre.

Classic example:    "You know my friend, bad things can happen to people who don't do what I ask...capiche?"

I swear I felt like I was listening to a scripted dialogue piece right out of "The Godfather" film the more Trump kept repeating his risk warning to Raffensperger regards his actions in response to Trump "asking" him to find him 11,701 extra votes.

"All you have to do...is find me 11,701 votes...capiche?"

Imagine the pressure Trump's call ( from the President of the United States Of America) put on Raffensperger...especially when Trump brought up and kept repeating for emphasis his "risk" warning to Raffensperger.

I wish Raffensperger had spontaneously stated to the committee yesterday that he took Trump's "great risk" warning to be an intimidating direct threat of some retribution toward him personally ( and I think most us average folks would have as well) if he (Raffensperger ) didn't do what Trump was "asking" of him regards finding those 11,701 Trump favoring votes.

Raffensperger stating such a claim against Trump ( specifically because of Trump's ominous mafia speak sounding "risk" warning to him ) would have capped the probability of a Georgia Grand Jury indictment against Trump for felony election tampering imo.

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

News report that Garland is in Ukraine advising the government on prosecuting Russian war crimes. 

I could barely wrap my head around this one when I read it.

I am now convinced that Biden should have given Doug Jones the AG job.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I could barely wrap my head around this one when I read it.

I am now convinced that Biden should have given Doug Jones the AG job.

I’m glad someone noticed and scratched their head. It blew my mind. 

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

News report that Garland is in Ukraine advising the government on prosecuting Russian war crimes. 

Meanwhile, with the extradition now approved, Garland's Justice Department is preparing to lock Julian Assange away in a SuperMax prison for 175 years for the crime of publishing investigative journalism exposing the perpetration of war crimes.

Garland's Justice Department lawyers were successful last year reversing an appeal based on downplaying Assange's suicide risk. Upon the extradition announcement, Assange was apparently stripped naked and placed in an entirely empty cell because of his suicide risk. This continues to be one of the ugliest chapters in the history of U.S./UK "justice".

4 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

Meanwhile, with the extradition now approved, Garland's Justice Department is preparing to lock Julian Assange away in a SuperMax prison for 175 years for the crime of publishing investigative journalism exposing the perpetration of war crimes.

Garland's Justice Department lawyers were successful last year reversing an appeal based on downplaying Assange's suicide risk. Upon the extradition announcement, Assange was apparently stripped naked and placed in an entirely empty cell because of his suicide risk. This continues to be one of the ugliest chapters in the history of U.S./UK "justice".

I don’t think left vs right can explain anything we are witnessing. I still hold to progressive and what I call humanist ideals, but there are precious few champions, and certainly the Democratic Party, whose candidates I’ve mostly supported over the decades, do not represent me. It would be nice if Garland etc would enumerate the crimes of Assange, give him a public hearing. But I’m not holding my breath.

What does the curious case of Julian Assange really say about the USA and Britain? 

We have some people here who profess to be conscientious. How does this version of justice sit with you? 

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I caught that too Steve.

Once again, Christopher Wray's FBI during the Trump administration was wishy-washy AT BEST.

I have yet to see evidence that any of that has changed.

"The FBI previously said Tarrio’s earlier arrest was an effort to preempt the events of January 6."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-proudboys-leader-idUSKBN29W1PE

6 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I caught that too Steve.

I have a post pending.

NPR was broadcasting violence was anticipated on Jan. 6.

So where were the 3,500-officer Capitol Police, and the 2,500-officer DC metro police? 

If even radio commentators expected violence....

BTW... All 6,000 Capitol and DC police report to Donk administrators....

Edited by Benjamin Cole

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

I don’t think left vs right can explain anything we are witnessing. I still hold to progressive and what I call humanist ideals, but there are precious few champions, and certainly the Democratic Party, whose candidates I’ve mostly supported over the decades, do not represent me. It would be nice if Garland etc would enumerate the crimes of Assange, give him a public hearing. But I’m not holding my breath.

Paul-

At last we finally agree on something. 

Assange is not a US citizen, and published materials leaked to him (many of which were published by standard newspapers as well). 

Imagine you (Paul, an American citizen) receive materials on the Russian military, leaked to you from within Moscow. You publish the materials. 

Later you are seized by Russian authorities and put into jail, for breaking Russian laws. 

Biden is another Deep State apparatchik, and so is Garland.

Get over it. The Donk Party is not the Democratic Party of the 1960s.