• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

In the eyes of Trump and his ilk, Gore was weak, and should have threatened revolution.

Which is why Trump should never be able to hold any office again. He was a tyrant.

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Not only. The Rolling Stone, June 15, 2006 ran a long well-documented piece by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. that the absentee ballot system in Ohio had been gamed, throwing the election to "W" a second time. 

"Open Thread: 'Was the 2004 Election Stolen?'”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/open-thread-was-the-2004-election-stolen-81730/

Then in 2018, The New York Times ran a cover story that the US election machinery was in a "crisis" as it was so hackable. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/magazine/election-security-crisis-midterms.html

After 2020, such topics were no longer PC. 

This does not mean the 2020 election was hacked.

It does mean the concerns and the weaknesses discussed in 2004 and 2018 are still valid. Indeed, with C19 and mass mailing of ballots, and 24-hour drop off boxes for ballots, conditions were even better in 2020 for gaming the election than in 2018 or other earlier years. 

I agree with you. Trump should done a Gore and walked away. Get over it. That is not Trump. 

Exactly. Trump had none of the elegance of a career public servant. 

34 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

Exactly. Trump had none of the elegance of a career public servant. 

Interesting to ponder Trump's future. 

1. Father Time is catching up. 

2. If imprisoned, Trump will emerge a martyr. 

3. If not imprisoned, Trump will try a comeback. 

4.Merrick Garland, a Donk apparatchik, may choose to not prosecute Trump, for a lot of reasons. But foremost, the Donks may figure if Trump is behind bars, then another more-viable 'Phant candidate will emerge, such as DeSantis of Florida. 

Ergo, Trump will be left un-prosecuted in the hopes he will weaken the 2024 'Phant ticket. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Ergo, Trump will be left un-prosecuted in the hopes he will weaken the 2024 'Phant ticket. 

Interesting theory, but not necessary, as Trump likely won't be in prison yet in 2024; he is the master of appeals.

Trump's presence will be ghoulishly entertaining, but make no mistake, DeSantis will be the GOP nominee in '24.

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

4.Merrick Garland, a Donk apparatchik, may choose to not prosecute Trump, for a lot of reasons. But foremost, the Donks may figure if Trump is behind bars, then another more-viable 'Phant candidate will emerge, such as DeSantis of Florida. 

Geez... "Donk apparatchik?"  Get a clue, for once, Ben.  As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Merrick Garland graduated summa cum laude from Harvard College, before graduating from Harvard Law School.

He's a highly principled, ethical jurist who has gone out of his way to avoid politicizing the DOJ-- unlike his corrupt predecessor, Bill Barr, who essentially functioned as Trump's personal lawyer as AG.

You're confusing Garland with the corrupt, partisan, Federalist Society apparatchiks appointed by the Koch elephants.

15 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’m giving Garland a chance to do the right thing. 

But what is "the right thing"?

1. Suppose you are a Donk, and you conflate party interests with national interests. That is certainly not a stretch, for any major figure in either party. 

2. You reason that if you prosecute Trump, two things are likely to  happen:

A. You could lose, elevating Trump. 

B. You could win, martyrizing Trump. 

3. You also reason that Trump, who carries a lot of baggage, is a less formidable opponent that DeSantis. And we all know people in the two major parties actually believe the fate of the nation rests in party victory. 

There are a lot of reasons to not prosecute Trump, from a Donk apparatchik's viewpoint. 

7 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Interesting theory, but not necessary, as Trump likely won't be in prison yet in 2024; he is the master of appeals.

Trump's presence will be ghoulishly entertaining, but make no mistake, DeSantis will be the GOP nominee in '24.

Matt A-

I wonder why you are so sure. The Trump supporters are angry and fanatic (much as Donks were during Trump years in the White House). 

The blue-red kool-aid pissing wars are so inflamed by the M$M that many 'Phants will back Trump just to "stick it to the Donks." 

There is an old expression, "He may be a bastard, but he is our  bastard." 

DeSantis on paper looks like a stronger candidate, but as you and I have said, in politics measure everything in dog years. 

5 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Geez... "Donk apparatchik?"  Get a clue, for once, Ben.  As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Merrick Garland graduated summa cum laude from Harvard College, before graduating from Harvard Law School.

He's a highly principled, ethical jurist who has gone out of his way to avoid politicizing the DOJ-- unlike his corrupt predecessor, Bill Barr, who essentially functioned as Trump's personal lawyer as AG.

You're confusing Garland with the corrupt, partisan, Federalist Society apparatchiks appointed by the Koch elephants.

I suspect your characterizations are colored by your partisan politics. 

Bill Barr certainly has credentials also.

"After moving to Washington, D.C., to work as an intelligence analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Barr entered the evening student program at George Washington University Law School. He graduated in 1977 with a Juris Doctor with highest honors."

Barr held down a job with the CIA and earned a law degree from a top law school at the same time. 

Barr is also pals with...Robert Mueller.

Some people suspect Barr worked with Mueller to let BCCI off the hook, back in the day.

https://irp.fas.org/congress/1992_rpt/bcci/08just.htm

My view on Barr is he was brought in by the Deep State as adult supervision for Trump. And, in fact, Barr told Trump to forget about the election results. 

Mueller is, of course, a Deep State apparatchik, which you must know from your 9/11 studies. Author Griffin (who you respect)  states that Mueller thwarted an investigation into 9/11 catastrophe.

How low can you go? You trust anything Mueller says? 

Macron's party loses control of France's parliament as the far right gains 81 seats

Something is afoot in the developed world. Globalization has disenfranchised large swaths of the population, those not in the top 1% or the upper managerial classes. 

This emergent voting block is demonized by M$M media, who are Deep State-globalist apologists.

The Donks, of course, should have been out in front of this movement, trying to re-enfranchise the middle class. Instead, completely corrupted and co-opted, they linked arms with the elite-globalists and tossed about ID politics imagery.  

The failure of the Donks opened up a huge voting block for the 'Phants, and opened up a giant schism in the GOP. The establishment GOP is also deeply corrupted.

We see the old Liz Cheney GOP wing and the New Donks in bed together.  Lovers! 

Interesting times. 

I wonder why you are so sure.

Because some time in the next 7 days that Georgia DA is going to be the first to indict Trump. Other indictments will follow, and Trump will be so weakened by the time of the GOP '24 Convention, that DeSantis will have his opening.

10 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Interesting to ponder Trump's future. 

1. Father Time is catching up. 

2. If imprisoned, Trump will emerge a martyr. 

3. If not imprisoned, Trump will try a comeback. 

That seems quite realistic.  I only wish Pence would run. That might cause Trump to defect to Russia...

I suspect your characterizations are colored by your partisan politics. 

Bill Barr certainly has credentials also.

"After moving to Washington, D.C., to work as an intelligence analyst for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Barr entered the evening student program at George Washington University Law School. He graduated in 1977 with a Juris Doctor with highest honors."

Barr held down a job with the CIA and earned a law degree from a top law school at the same time. 

Barr is also pals with...Robert Mueller.

Some people suspect Barr worked with Mueller to let BCCI off the hook, back in the day.

https://irp.fas.org/congress/1992_rpt/bcci/08just.htm

My view on Barr is he was brought in by the Deep State as adult supervision for Trump. And, in fact, Barr told Trump to forget about the election results. 

Mueller is, of course, a Deep State apparatchik, which you must know from your 9/11 studies. Author Griffin (who you respect)  states that Mueller thwarted an investigation into 9/11 catastrophe.

How low can you go? You trust anything Mueller says? 

Ben,

My "partisan politics?"  From the orange kool-aid swilling "patriot purger" guy whose erroneous concepts of American politics include the bizarre, fixed belief that the so-called "Donks" are no different than the "Phants?"

As for Barr and Mueller, I was the guy who explained to you recently that Bill Barr and Robert Mueller are old friends, remember?

Meanwhile, if you can't even discern the profound difference between a corrupt GOP apparatchik like Bill Barr and Attorney General Merrick Garland, it's a waste of time conversing with you about history and current events.

As AG for GHWB and Trump, Bill Barr functioned, essentially, as a corrupt, partisan fixer.

He orchestrated the Iran-Contra pardons for GHWB, and he suppressed and lied about Robert Mueller's investigation of Russiagate, for Trump.

Edited by W. Niederhut

11 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

My "partisan politics?"  From the orange kool-aid swilling "patriot purger" guy whose erroneous concepts of American politics include the bizarre, fixed belief that the so-called "Donks" are no different than the "Phants?"

As for Barr and Mueller, I was the guy who explained to you recently that Bill Barr and Robert Mueller are old friends, remember?

Meanwhile, if you can't even discern the profound difference between a corrupt GOP apparatchik like Bill Barr and Attorney General Merrick Garland, it's a waste of time conversing with you about history and current events.

As AG for GHWB and Trump, Bill Barr functioned, essentially, as a corrupt, partisan fixer.

He orchestrated the Iran-Contra pardons for GHWB, and he suppressed and lied about Robert Mueller's investigation of Russiagate, for Trump.

I am pretty much unaffiliated with both major parties. I have some vestiges of Donk support in my bones, from my youth.