The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

3 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Joe,

My hunch is that Trump's love of McDonald's has to do with his immense love for his first name and his ancestry in the Outer Hebrides. 

My wife and I toured the Isle of Skye many years ago, and almost everyone there is either a McDonald or a McLeod. 

I believe the same thing is true on the neighboring Isle of Lewis, where Trump's mother, Mary McLeod, was born and raised.

As for the cuisine, when I eat at McDonald's I usually feel slightly dyspeptic and dysphoric, as if I had just mistakenly consumed too much grease. 

The Isle of Lewis:  Did Donald Trump's Mother Emigrate From a Sh*thole Country? 

the creel | Ireland history, Scotland history, Old pictures

🤥

Warren Buffet is a the same regarding McDonald's. 

The Outer Hebrides is a wonderful place for anyone wanting an authentic travel experience. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

JD 

Say this about this committee, they are a heck of a lot better than the HSCA was.

In the sense that they are not playing it safe.  They are pushing the envelope.  I mean, this evidence they have now is really the strongest I have seen at exposing just how wide and deep the plotting and the machinations went. And that is important, to have both parts.

I mean what these people have really kind of laps the field as far as a databank of evidence goes. They are doing Garland's work for him.

1 hour ago, Chris Barnard said:

Warren Buffet is a the same regarding McDonald's. 

The Outer Hebrides is a wonderful place for anyone wanting an authentic travel experience. 

I agree, Chris.  My wife and I really enjoyed touring Skye and the Scottish Highlands.

I was merely joking about Mary McLeod's homeland, based on Trump's habit of disparaging emigres from "sh*thole" countries who come to the U.S. and have "anchor babies," as Mary McLeod did in the case of Donald's older siblings. 🤥

25 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I agree, Chris.  My wife and I really enjoyed touring Skye and the Scottish Highlands.

I was merely joking about Mary McLeod's homeland, based on Trump's habit of disparaging emigres from "sh*thole" countries who come to the U.S. and have "anchor babies," as Mary McLeod did in the case of Donald's older siblings. 🤥

I was lucky enough to do a lot of islands with a girlfriend one summer in my 20’s. It was fabulous, very memorable, atmospheric and beautiful. 

It's sort of true what you are saying about Trump, though he clings to that heritage like many of us do with our ancestry. If he had ancestors from Mexico or Iraq, he’d never call them S’hole countries. It's a very ignorant and tribal thing to say. 

One of the primary strategies the conspirators have been using to fight the 1/6 Committee has been to initially agree to help and then later pull that cooperation. This is done for optics reasons, part of their propaganda op. The idea is to control the bleeding by diffusing the initial accusation and hoping to beat out the 24 hour news cycle.

1. Mark Meadows 

2. Peter Navarro

3. Jim Jordan

4. Kevin McCarthy

5. Ginni Thomas

All of these people beat the news cycle by saying they'd cooperate and then withdrew that offer. 

And now Trump insider, SS agent and former admin official, Tony Ornato, who is also implicated in the supposed Pence "relocation" on 1/6, is playing the exact same game.

This conspiracy is incredibly large, and will not unwind overnight. Remember, the Watergate coverup held up a long time and they almost pulled it off.

But Matt:

That will not work with the DOJ.

This is why I wish Biden would have appointed Doug Jones to AG. 

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

uhhh... flat footed Fox commentators weren't ready Brett Baer's comment as to Hutchinson's " powerful testimony."

No comment from Fox News yet about Fox news "being the news", and the various emails from Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham to Trump to call off the protestors..

They just couldn't allow themselves to 2nd Baer's "very powerful testimony" statement.

Even though they knew it really was.

Edited by Joe Bauer

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Joe,

My hunch is that Trump's love of McDonald's has to do with his immense love for his first name and his ancestry in the Outer Hebrides. 

My wife and I toured the Isle of Skye many years ago, and almost everyone there is either a McDonald or a McLeod. 

I believe the same thing is true on the neighboring Isle of Lewis, where Trump's mother, Mary McLeod, was born and raised.

As for the cuisine, when I eat at McDonald's I usually feel slightly dyspeptic and dysphoric, as if I had just mistakenly consumed too much grease. 

The Isle of Lewis:  Did Donald Trump's Mother Emigrate From a Sh*thole Country? 

the creel | Ireland history, Scotland history, Old pictures

🤥

W.

Yes, after eating McDonalds food you do feel a kind of dyspeptic stress.

Just as you described. Like you just ate something too fatty.

Speaking of the Isle Of Skye my wife's grandparents were from there.

Their name was "MacDonald." My wife's father was a Macdonald.

My wife's maiden name was Macdonald.

My wife went back there to visit while in college.

Their typical cuisine wasn't exactly international gourmet.

Lots of meat and potatoes...and eggs.

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

But Matt:

That will not work with the DOJ.

This is why I wish Biden would have appointed Doug Jones to AG. 

Jim, why did you feel Doug Jones would have been a better AG than Garland?

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

One of the primary strategies the conspirators have been using to fight the 1/6 Committee has been to initially agree to help and then later pull that cooperation. This is done for optics reasons, part of their propaganda op. The idea is to control the bleeding by diffusing the initial accusation and hoping to beat out the 24 hour news cycle.

1. Mark Meadows 

2. Peter Navarro

3. Jim Jordan

4. Kevin McCarthy

5. Ginni Thomas

All of these people beat the news cycle by saying they'd cooperate and then withdrew that offer. 

And now Trump insider, SS agent and former admin official, Tony Ornato, who is also implicated in the supposed Pence "relocation" on 1/6, is playing the exact same game.

This conspiracy is incredibly large, and will not unwind overnight. Remember, the Watergate coverup held up a long time and they almost pulled it off.

IMO, something about Tony Ornato doesn't pass the sniff test.

From what I can find on-line, he's a highly political former Secret Service agent who managed security for Trump's political stunts, including his Lafayette Square tear gas/Bible photo op and Trump's super spreader COVID rallies in 2020.

I wonder if Vince Palamara has an opinion about Ornato and Brian Engel.

Let me get this straight:

There is a single police radio report of firearms in the 1/6 crowd, but zero photographic evidence (despite this being the most heavily video-recorded civil disturbance in history)...and that means there was in fact AR-15s and Glocks (not only pistols, but the exact make) in the crowd?

A picture of some monkeymen in the trees means there were firearms  in the scrum?

Not only that, but of the 800-odd arrested on the scene, one carried a firearm, and he was mysteriously released on his own recognizance within 24 hours...has not faced trial yet. 

No discarded firearms were found on Capitol grounds...

And Hutchinson's story of Trump grabbing the wheel of his limousine is explicitly refuted by people who were actually in the vehicle with Trump...not hearsay....

And this means I am a Trumper? 

The fact that I hold Cheney in extraordinarily low regard means...I am a Trumper? 

Get over it. The Cheney-crat Committee laid an egg and then rubbed it all over its own face. 

Omelette Face Deluxe King-Size, Blue-Light Special. 

They obviously did not vet a witness, double-check her story with people who were actually in the President's limo. Either that, or they just wanted a cheap headline, which is also possible. 

As for firearms in the 1/6 scrum...that story is weaker than Samson after he was shorn. 

The Cheney-crats held a special session emergency session for this? Easily debunked hearsay? Easily discredited assertions of firearms? What were they thinking? To beat soap opera ratings, anything goes....

Maybe they thought a compliant M$M would play ball...well, they were right. 

3 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Can you expound, Jim? I don't think I understand what you mean here.

Are you saying there is something fishy with the Trump steering wheel grab story?