The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Mount Rushmore is too small for Trump

Opinion by Michael D'Antonio

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/10/opinions/mount-rushmore-is-too-small-for-trump-dantonio/index.html

"Why not a new national attraction -- Mt. Trumpmore -- that could be established as a private (why not make some money on it) monument to the Trump clan?"

That way, he wouldn't have to share it with four other what's their names.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Good article on how and why all that ANFO ended up in storage on the Beirut waterfront:

Abandoned Ship: How a Russian Grifter Ignited the Tragedy in Beirut

Rachel Slade on ammonium nitrate, mining in Mozambique, international shipping, and criminal negligence in Lebanon.

https://gregolear.substack.com/p/abandoned-ship-how-a-russian-grifter?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjo5NTk3NDA1LCJwb3N0X2lkIjo4MzM0NTAsIl8iOiJIbkk2RyIsImlhdCI6MTU5NzE1Mzc2OCwiZXhwIjoxNTk3MTU3MzY4LCJpc3MiOiJwdWItMjA2OTUiLCJzdWIiOiJwb3N0LXJlYWN0aW9uIn0.iAfD77AXkL9qR1AbYt29LIx1YwzizRElWN04ynghyQw&utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/kanye-wests-lawyer-demands-democrats-prove-mickey-mouse-didnt-really-sign-his-ballot-petition-in-wisconsin/

On Tuesday, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that Michael Curran, an attorney for rapper Kanye West’s independent presidential campaign, is demanding Democrats prove their assertion that Mickey Mouse didn’t really sign West’s petition to qualify him for the ballot in Wisconsin.

“Curran … dismissed most of the other technical challenges as ‘misguided and ill-informed,’ including the claims that the nomination papers included obviously fake names, such as ‘Mickey Mouse’ and ‘Bernie Sanders,'” reported Daniel Bice. “He said the complaint must prove these are fraudulent signatures.”

Steve Thomas

All good questions Steve. 

On 8/11/2020 at 1:38 PM, James DiEugenio said:

All good questions Steve. 

https://apnews.com/321832b186f689e6d8ce20087a6b1c0d

"Berryman had approached the uniformed officer just before 6 p.m. Monday at the corner of 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, just blocks from the White House,..."

An unarmed man, blocks away?

I grew suspicious when, during his Press Conference, Trump kept asking Correspondent, John Roberts, "You heard gunshots right? You've been in combat situations, those were gunshots right?"

gunshots, plural.

I asked myself, why the need for independent verification?

Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

On 8/10/2020 at 3:29 PM, Kirk Gallaway said:

I know Dave, I've never heard of the guy and he starts out complaining about money and his family, eyeglasses. couldn't even spell Jordan right.I just got impatient and hung up.

On the other hand...there are occasional gems on Opperman, such as revelations on the DC Madam (Deborah Jean Palfrey) in the late second half of this episode.  Listeners may want to sit through the first half to get the context:

https://www.spreaker.com/user/oppermanreport/the-iran-contra-madam-on-dc-madam-jeffre

Both Bidens may be targeted in the Durham Report that will be released within a month. AG Barr visited McConnell on Capitol Hill earlier this week. The groundwork for something big from Trump's viewpoint is being laid.

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Both Bidens may be targeted in the Durham Report that will be released within a month. AG Barr visited McConnell on Capitol Hill earlier this week. The groundwork for something big from Trump's viewpoint is being laid.

Ah, yes, the Durham Report!

This could be the biggest pre-election Trump/GOP nothing burger since Rudy Giuliani and James Comey's ballyhooed Anthony Weiner laptop "scandal" in October of 2016... 

The New York State Attorney General and the Manhattan County District Attorney already have enough evidence through records and documents to indict Trump. It would be nice to have his tax returns but they can come later and be the basis of a superseding indictment.  What are the odds that this will happen before November?  My guess is that they are pretty good.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

6 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Both Bidens and Harris will be targeted in many ways.  I've wondered about the lack of intensity thus far but also about a more concentrated effort around the conventions or debates and from there on in.  They could be holding something thought to be important for a timely drop.  I'd expect something to happen, again, a few day's before the election with little time to respond.  Or a military action between now and then to rally the troops.